Forum › Arknights!

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

@塞雷娅 The problem about the game is that the stages typically don't tell you what types of enemies you'll be facing where and when they appear, how many will appear leading to it being hard to know what characters you should bring into a fight unlike FGO which at least shows enemy class tendency for most levels so you have a general idea of what enemies you'll be facing. A lot of the game also feels like it relies too much on trial and error to determine what the best course of action is. I go into a stage blind and oops tactic X doesn't work here guess I have to retreat or fail. Also unlike a game of chess or Disgaea for instance you can't take this game slow and methodical. I'm much better at turn-based games than real-time ones like this game. Also why do characters in this event keep rambling on about the most inane things possible?

There's training drills that let you practice the stage before actually playing it? Also yeah it's trial and error cause that's the point of having 30 training drills that refresh daily. You just have to pay attention to the pathing as you play, and not place people down too fast until you figure out which enemies are gonna show up and where they're going . Also you can play at 1x speed and that's pretty slow. You can also check enemy stats after playing through the map once, and getting to the point where they show up in the stage. The map is shown before playing and usually you can figure out what kind of enemies will show up just from looking at it. For example, check what tiles are in the stage and if there's drone outposts then that's the majority of what will show up. The map names and descriptions also give an idea of what will appear too.

The stages aren't built to be one time clear and you're done, they're supposed to be challenging. It took me like 30 tries for the last stages of a few events, namely ObFes and CoB. And if you do clear it in one go, then awesome. The Youtuber I linked, he doesn't just immediately clear a stage in one go either, he does practice runs before recording the official run.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

塞雷娅 posted:

Also I don't think the first two stages are that hard, you just need to get used to the enemy pathing.

Well, once I beat any stage, I feel like it's incredibly easy in retrospect, because now I have complete understanding of it and know how to beat it. But there's difference between beating a stage in few runs without really having to think too hard about strategy, how I beat SV-1 and having to spend dozens of attempts memorizing exact pathing and timing of enemies, where and when enemies spawn and what I'm supposed to do when. I understand and even expect later stages, that drop more/better drops to be harder, but the first 2-3 ones usually are fairly easy, especially since you won't even be really farming them. What really annoys me is that I know once I beat this stage I'll never run it again, so I really only need to beat it to progress further, so I feel like it's unnecessary hard.

The second stage especially since the mages don't just go straight to the blue box, they walk back and forth for a while before actually going into your base, leaving you time to activate the detectors.

If it was just caster, then sure, it wouldn't be end of the world, but unless you cheat with SA, you can only kill them near detector, because you can't block them, while dealing with bottom line that quite quickly start spawning butchers, which aren't the easiest to deal with, without maxed out operators. In fact you need to deal with them fast, because operators tend to focus bottom line over casters when you reveal them so in order to kill them, you need to kill bottom line first. And that's not to mention that detector has recharge time and casters spawn quite fast, so you actually need to time it properly. It's nice most of map is in bushes, but it become kinda meaningless when you need to deploy all your operators next to detector anyway or deploy a lot of medics, to keep everyone alive from casters. And as if that wasn't hard enough, not too long after map starts enemy detector units start spawning top that you need to deal with as well, otherwise casters will murder all your operators. And as cheery of the top in middle of the stage, freaking mortar guy is starting to spawn. So on top of all the bs that is there already, you also need to deploy all your operators incredibly fast to deal with mortar guy and not get caught off guard. Especially since order of deployment matters, so just like with Faust, that means you need to setup before morter guy shows up and once they start spawning, you can't deploy anyone else, because they'll just get focused. I'm sorry, but that's just not the kind of map you want to lead with in your event.

You can complete both of the first stages with just 3 stars (+ Shaw for the 1st stage). You can see the strategies from KyoStinV, here's stage 1 and stage 2.

Of course you can. I'm pretty sure if I spend enough time on this map, I'll figure it out. The thing is it'll take way longer than it should and I can't spend ap on later stages, until I unlock and beat them, so I'll be forced to spend ap on normal stages, kinda wasting it. I intended to just copy how Eckogen did it, but when I was playing event, he didn't do video on it yet.

塞雷娅 posted:

Also the recommended level for the first two stages are E1 Lvl1 and E1 Lvl35 respectively, you don't need to max the low star units to use. The reason Kyo has his maxed out is cause he already E1 maxed his 3 stars and E2 20'ed every single character in his account. You never need to have the exact same levels as his to follow his guide.

That's why I prefer to watch Eckogen than Kyo. Even if he disclaim it every time, the truth is he's still using E2 lvl 20 operators and that level difference can make all the difference. I know from experience. So unless you actually use E1 max lvl, you'll not know whatever they're enough or not. So the fact Eckogen actually uses E1s and beats it, is much more convincing.

myrrhmidon posted:

If you have entered a stage once, whether failed it or practice, you can then look at the info and see the enemies.

Actually in order to get info on enemies you saw in map, you need to lost. If you quit in the middle, whatever practice or actual run, the enemies you saw won't be added to database. It's pretty annoying to be honest.

So they added that view stories in the game feature already. It's pretty neat, but I don't understand 1 thing. So I got enough records to unlock events I actually finished immediately, but rest is locked. And while in shop of current event you can buy more of that unlocking items and unlock Operational Intelligence, all the stories from Public Affairs, seems to be unavailable. Does that mean I can only unlock them by playing reruns?

Also this medal thing looks fun, but does it actually do anything?

last edited at Sep 30, 2020 7:01AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I think this is the best roll I've ever gotten in a gacha ever. And it was my first 10-roll, too

Yo what the heck? Share some of that luck with us!

That's why I prefer to watch Eckogen than Kyo. Even if he disclaim it every time, the truth is he's still using E2 lvl 20 operators and that level difference can make all the difference. I know from experience. So unless you actually use E1 max lvl, you'll not know whatever they're enough or not. So the fact Eckogen actually uses E1s and beats it, is much more convincing.

Same. His runs are usually more impressive and I always watch him even if I cleared the stage.

So they added that view stories in the game feature already. It's pretty neat, but I don't understand 1 thing. So I got enough records to unlock events I actually finished immediately, but rest is locked. And while in shop of current event you can buy more of that unlocking items and unlock Operational Intelligence, all the stories from Public Affairs, seems to be unavailable. Does that mean I can only unlock them by playing reruns?

I haven't checked this stuff but I don't think the medals do anything. Not sure about the stories but I doubt you'd need to clear a rerun for them, otherwise it's missing 50% of the point of the feature.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Well, once I beat any stage, I feel like it's incredibly easy in retrospect, because now I have complete understanding of it and know how to beat it. But there's difference between beating a stage in few runs without really having to think too hard about strategy, how I beat SV-1 and having to spend dozens of attempts memorizing exact pathing and timing of enemies, where and when enemies spawn and what I'm supposed to do when. I understand and even expect later stages, that drop more/better drops to be harder, but the first 2-3 ones usually are fairly easy, especially since you won't even be really farming them. What really annoys me is that I know once I beat this stage I'll never run it again, so I really only need to beat it to progress further, so I feel like it's unnecessary hard.

The second stage especially since the mages don't just go straight to the blue box, they walk back and forth for a while before actually going into your base, leaving you time to activate the detectors.

If it was just caster, then sure, it wouldn't be end of the world, but unless you cheat with SA, you can only kill them near detector, because you can't block them, while dealing with bottom line that quite quickly start spawning butchers, which aren't the easiest to deal with, without maxed out operators. In fact you need to deal with them fast, because operators tend to focus bottom line over casters when you reveal them so in order to kill them, you need to kill bottom line first. And that's not to mention that detector has recharge time and casters spawn quite fast, so you actually need to time it properly. It's nice most of map is in bushes, but it become kinda meaningless when you need to deploy all your operators next to detector anyway or deploy a lot of medics, to keep everyone alive from casters. And as if that wasn't hard enough, not too long after map starts enemy detector units start spawning top that you need to deal with as well, otherwise casters will murder all your operators. And as cheery of the top in middle of the stage, freaking mortar guy is starting to spawn. So on top of all the bs that is there already, you also need to deploy all your operators incredibly fast to deal with mortar guy and not get caught off guard. Especially since order of deployment matters, so just like with Faust, that means you need to setup before morter guy shows up and once they start spawning, you can't deploy anyone else, because they'll just get focused. I'm sorry, but that's just not the kind of map you want to lead with in your event.

You can complete both of the first stages with just 3 stars (+ Shaw for the 1st stage). You can see the strategies from KyoStinV, here's stage 1 and stage 2.

Of course you can. I'm pretty sure if I spend enough time on this map, I'll figure it out. The thing is it'll take way longer than it should and I can't spend ap on later stages, until I unlock and beat them, so I'll be forced to spend ap on normal stages, kinda wasting it. I intended to just copy how Eckogen did it, but when I was playing event, he didn't do video on it yet.

This wouldn't be the first time. It is not unique to Arknights to have a That One Level. For me, it was 4-7 (didn't have Lappland at the time) which even with Lapp is kinda annoying. There's also 5-3 and 5-7. For beginners like myself when I was starting, 3-4 can be harder than 3-8 especially since clearing 3-4 is necessary to unlock elite 2 promotion. Something which you just get used to I guess.

塞雷娅 posted:

Also the recommended level for the first two stages are E1 Lvl1 and E1 Lvl35 respectively, you don't need to max the low star units to use. The reason Kyo has his maxed out is cause he already E1 maxed his 3 stars and E2 20'ed every single character in his account. You never need to have the exact same levels as his to follow his guide.

Again, I'll shill oyuki ch. He does upload his guides early due to playing in CN. I think his vids should be understandable enough?

myrrhmidon posted:

If you have entered a stage once, whether failed it or practice, you can then look at the info and see the enemies.

Actually in order to get info on enemies you saw in map, you need to lost. If you quit in the middle, whatever practice or actual run, the enemies you saw won't be added to database. It's pretty annoying to be honest.

Ah my bad.

Medals are just for bragging rights. You can put medals on your profile lol. Tho how many people actually check other people's profile...

Note about event stories, for Grani event, Heart of Surging Flame (Summer) and Code of Brawl, you need to have participated in the event to read the stories. For the others, you use the Information Fragments (looks like a film strip) to unlock them. You can buy from the shop. There is both a limited amount and an infinite amount that can be bought.

last edited at Sep 30, 2020 9:49AM

joined Jul 26, 2020

Scratches head Well I'm not gonna continue to argue about whether the early stages were hard or not cause I personally didn't find it hard at all.

It's cosmetic except for the recruit achievements where you can get Vulcan and Indra after a certain amount of recruits.

Looks like Public Affairs stories are all locked unless you personally have played the event. It shouldn't be too bad though since CN is currently doing reruns so it'll be 6 months or so until we get it. I wonder why they separated it like that though. The only difference I can see is that the Public Affairs events all have stories tied into the stages.

I already completed all the event stages + challenge modes, but I'm gonna put off reading the story till later. I started playing Genshin Impact and I've been busy playing that for the past few days.

last edited at Sep 30, 2020 9:59AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

myrrhmidon posted:

This wouldn't be the first time. It is not unique to Arknights to have a That One Level. For me, it was 4-7 (didn't have Lappland at the time) which even with Lapp is kinda annoying. There's also 5-3 and 5-7. For beginners like myself when I was starting, 3-4 can be harder than 3-8 especially since clearing 3-4 is necessary to unlock elite 2 promotion. Something which you just get used to I guess.

Well I was talking from experience of playing few gachas and games in general. That first/lower cost ap levels usually are easier, hence why they're lower ap. Especially in events, where ap cost is supposed to be a trade off. In AK, where there's really no event currency, it's less important, but still that's usually how it was. And well episode through 0 to 2 is what I'd call easier. From episode 3-4 I'd say game started to pick up with difficulty, so those stages being harder doesn't really surprise me. And obviously depend on operators and your preferences, you'd find some gimmicks/maps harder to figure out than other. In general I overall I do enjoy challenge when maps are harder to beat. I just personally find invisibility annoying to begin with, so most stages that use it I find frustrating to beat by default and since this time you need to unlock later stages in order I wanted to beat lower ones quickly to focus on mats I'd actually farm, so the fact I couldn't do that was annoying. I didn't really mean to start some huge discussion about AK's difficulty. Was just venting a bit.

Also I actually beat 4-7 without Lapp. Took me a day or 2 (like most stages after certain point), but it felt satisfying once I beat it. Again SV-2 is just special case in this... case...

Again, I'll shill oyuki ch. He does upload his guides early due to playing in CN. I think his vids should be understandable enough?

Yes, I was just saying. Eckogen should have made his video by now, but even if not, I did watch that video and I'll probably try doing something similar. In the first place I only made few runs to get a feeling about the map, I didn't even really start seriously trying to beat it. I just wanted to complain, cos it looked like a lot of pain.

Medals are just for bragging rights. You can put medals on your profile lol. Tho how many people actually check other people's profile...

Oh. I thought they look like something you can put on profile (and profile did have place for picture, but no way to actually set one, so I was wondering what's up with that), so the fact you actually can do it is neat. And yea, nobody checks them ever x3

last edited at Sep 30, 2020 11:21AM

joined Apr 30, 2020

Well I was talking from experience of playing few gachas and games in general. That first/lower cost ap levels usually are easier, hence why they're lower ap. Especially in events, where ap cost is supposed to be a trade off. In AK, where there's really no event currency, it's less important, but still that's usually how it was. And well episode through 0 to 2 is what I'd call easier. From episode 3-4 I'd say game started to pick up with difficulty, so those stages being harder doesn't really surprise me. And obviously depend on operators and your preferences, you'd find some gimmicks/maps harder to figure out than other. In general I overall I do enjoy challenge when maps are harder to beat. I just personally find invisibility annoying to begin with, so most stages that use it I find frustrating to beat by default and since this time you need to unlock later stages in order I wanted to beat lower ones quickly to focus on mats I'd actually farm, so the fact I couldn't do that was annoying. I didn't really mean to start some huge discussion about AK's difficulty. Was just venting a bit.

Oh no worries, especially on the invisibility thing. General consensus among the community is hating it too. The greatest fear: invisible wraiths

joined Jul 26, 2020

Oh. I thought they look like something you can put on profile (and profile did have place for picture, but no way to actually set one, so I was wondering what's up with that), so the fact you actually can do it is neat. And yea, nobody checks them ever x3

You have to go to Archives then Path to Glory then click edit on the biggest option there. Once you finish, you can then go to your profile and set it with the little edit button on the right bottom side.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

myrrhmidon posted:

General consensus among the community is hating it too.

Oh, good to know I'm not alone x3

The greatest fear: invisible wraiths

Yes xD I watched 1 video where guy was talking how stupid reunion is for not thinking about doing it.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Thankfully there are a few more operators coming up that can reveal invisible enemies. I forget who they are exactly; IIRC the only one that can do so now is just Silverash.

joined Jul 26, 2020

Thankfully there are a few more operators coming up that can reveal invisible enemies. I forget who they are exactly; IIRC the only one that can do so now is just Silverash.

Scene will be able to reveal invisible enemies with her robots. She's also a welfare operator and honestly the best summoner in the game, mainly cause her second skill replenishes a drone compared to Magallan and Mayer where if you retreat them or they die, they're just gone.

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Well I bought that 300 event point item from the shop but have no idea who actually needs one. :( Today Melantha got maxed out to E1 Level 55. I beat three more stages in chapter 2, the last of which required Rye's Hoshiguma. I also have over 300 gold bars in my base and keep getting them faster than I can sell them at my trading post...

joined Jul 26, 2016

Scene will be able to reveal invisible enemies with her robots. She's also a welfare operator and honestly the best summoner in the game, mainly cause her second skill replenishes a drone compared to Magallan and Mayer where if you retreat them or they die, they're just gone.

Mayer's S2 recoups the detonated Robotters too you know.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

So the public affairs is fully locked unless you play the event? That's kinda silly, but I guess other games do the same.

I also have over 300 gold bars in my base and keep getting them faster than I can sell them at my trading post...

That's why you need to upgrade your base ASAP, no need to max it out but definitely upgrade. You can also use drones to speed up the trade.

joined Jul 26, 2020

A guard + melee tag gave me a surprise today. I... well, I'm not gonna say no to a free 5 star.

Indra

Mayer's S2 recoups the detonated Robotters too you know.

Magallan's does too, but they don't replenish when they die from other means. That's where Scene is unique and honestly better cause of that.

last edited at Oct 1, 2020 8:47AM

joined Apr 30, 2020

I won't deny these lucky pulls are making me salty but congrats anyway.

Saria x Silence collection

Didn't think Olivia was particularly attractive but wow, Saria is a lucky dad

Mostima x Exu from the same artist

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Anyway, just read the stories. Sorry Zima x Istina shippers but I must jump ship. Istina x May is my new ship. I think Absinthe got the worst of it. That cliffhanger tho... I want to know if and how she confronted them.

Aw, that's cute. Beehunter x Leto seems like another nice ship from this event.
Speaking of which, I finished all of the event stories. I'd been spoiled about what happens for a while now, but that was even more depressing than I was expecting. I actually liked it a lot lol

Also, here's a few rare pair pics - Ceobe x Vulcan, Nearl x Platinum, and Red x Provence.

Edit: I just realized what Rosa's token was...

last edited at Oct 1, 2020 5:48PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

That's why I hate gacha games. So did 10 roll on Eyja banner. Got Lappland, who while not on rate up was still nice, cos I wanted her. So gave in and decided to do another 10 roll, which ended up with 2 Crossiants and I believe 1 more 5 star, though I don't remember who, but it wasn't rate up. I decided to screw it and did last 10 roll from Originium I had. Blue bag. So I started spending my 12 tickets. I think 3rd was Warfarin, which is nice and surprisingly with 4th or 5th I got 6 star... Hellagure. I like him, but damn, it wasn't even Magallan. Rate up really hates me and I dropped Hellagure again instead of banner 6 star I actually wanted (Nian). At least I'm quite close to 180 and I should be able to get remaining to buy her from shop, but still the salt is there. Also it's quite annoying that I drop those Crossiant dupes, cos she doesn't really look that great gameplay wise and I really wanted to have my own FEater, but if I buy Eyja I won't be able to get her from shop.

last edited at Oct 2, 2020 10:37AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Yay finally managed to pull Rosa after throwing money at screenway too large portion of my accumulated F2P resources at the Gacha Wall ༎ຶ‿༎ຶ

Gotta get Cool Big Sis Ojoukuma!

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Got Specialist and Survival tag, which guaranteed Manticore.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Got Specialist and Survival tag, which guaranteed Manticore.

how nice... (╥﹏╥)

joined Apr 30, 2020

To anyone who can understand these numbers: 331168

There is now a yuri doujin (in Chinese) featuring Gavial and fem OC Doctor. Sad it's not Tomimi but any Arknights yuri doujin is a rare blessing.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

There is now a yuri doujin (in Chinese) featuring Gavial and fem OC Doctor. Sad it's not Tomimi but any Arknights yuri doujin is a rare blessing.

Oh my god, the first words in this manga are from the doctor asking Gavial to "Please have sex with me. I can raise your salary." When Gavial asks how much on the second page, doctor says "It depends on the situation/[results]."

There's no real story besides that, but it is surprisingly wholesome. Protection in a hentai work? Amazing.

Skimmed through the author's afterword. Can confirm the doctor is a direct self-insert from that. She wanted to draw the doctor/herself being on top but it still turned into Gavial topping.

joined Jul 26, 2016

She wanted to draw the doctor/herself being on top but it still turned into Gavial topping.

...that does sound like a very Gavial turn of events.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I don't understand, pls explain

Oh my god, the first words in this manga are from the doctor asking Gavial to "Please have sex with me. I can raise your salary." When Gavial asks how much on the second page, doctor says "It depends on the situation/[results]."

This sounds amazing

To reply you must either login or sign up.