Forum › Goodbye Moratorium discussion

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This was great- i always thought it sucked maki seemed to just go be a doctor because her parents wanted it- both in cannon and in almost every doujin- when clearly her heart and dreams were in her music.

So its nice to see a story where she faces up to her family and just says nope- i'm going into music with nico! She would clearly be WAY happier not denying her dreams and talents.

last edited at Sep 26, 2020 2:22PM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

I agree what a nice story, I also don't get why Maki always stops being an idol and composer. This was such a nice doujin author was so nice. I also want to see Eli and Nozomi being singers in the future maybe as a couple

Smell_1
joined Dec 5, 2016

Thanks a lot for giving light to this wonderful doujin!

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

This was great- i always thought it sucked maki seemed to just go be a doctor because her parents wanted it- both in cannon and in almost every doujin- when clearly her heart and dreams were in her music.

So its nice to see a story where she faces up to her family and just says nope- i'm going into music with nico! She would clearly be WAY happier not denying her dreams and talents.

It is nice that she did what she wanted to, but didn't she basically get disowned as a result?

Nii
joined Jul 23, 2018

Anyone else have to google what "moratorium" means, or am I just a pleb.

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Same.

Hodo%20hodo
joined Apr 11, 2019

Same.

Phone
joined Jul 23, 2020

It is nice that she did what she wanted to, but didn't she basically get disowned as a result?

I'm sure her parents love her more than to do that.

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

Yeah, it's not everyday you see a LL doujin where Maki becomes and idol and not a doctor.

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Page 32 she says she's not part of the nishikino family anymore, whether they fully isolate themselves from her is not to be seen but am pretty sure she's been at least thrown away the family name,. She could take her mothers maiden name or if they got married, Nico's.

This was great, and i appreciate the domestic NozoEli cameo.

Thatguywholikestoship
15078895_927017337429203_7393148802970343621_n
joined Jan 15, 2017

It feels so weird reading a story where Maki doesn't end up being a doctor, yet is totally ok for it to be the way it is here. I'm kinda getting addicted to this author and I thank this scanlation group for giving us more and more!

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

Same.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Page 32 she says she's not part of the nishikino family anymore, whether they fully isolate themselves from her is not to be seen but am pretty sure she's been at least thrown away the family name,. She could take her mothers maiden name or if they got married, Nico's.

Yes- they did officially- its that stupid thing they do in more traditional wealthy families sometimes- but its like more a legal/obligation thing about who inherits the family business or mantle etc- it does NOT mean she cant see them or they stop loving her. It COULD mean that- and I bet her father would be the one behind it - and who may take it to the full extent too- at least based on the little we saw of him. But her Mom seems nice and I bet SHE would still visit Maki.

That all aside- even given being disowned I think she would be WAY happier not throwing her dreams away, and not living the life someone else picked for her

And no, I didnt have to google moratorium. But its not exactly a commonly used word. If you are on the younger side or dont read a lot, it's easy to see not knowing it.

last edited at Oct 31, 2020 1:36PM

Bsys
joined Jun 22, 2019

The cover made this seem a bit drama heavy, which can be good, but I'm more into comedy which this actually had a decent amount of. This one was really good, Maki becoming a doctor is nice, but this feels even more special.

It's maybe a bit hard to believe that even that much further down their career that Nico would still have that childish image of the industry, but hey this is Love Live and that's what we want to see. Thanks so much for having done this one.

To reply you must either login or sign up.