Forum › Arknights!

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

Found a tier list maker and decided to make one: my tier list.

Genuinely didn't realize how many male operators I actually liked in this game. Especially Jaye, I'm gonna insta E2 him when he comes to the global server.

last edited at Sep 23, 2020 3:17PM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

So I get 210 credits regardless how many people visit me? What's the point of 10 visit limit then? Does that mean there's a limit how much credits I can get from visiting other people during their clue exchange?

Yes you can have no one visit you during clue exchange (has happened to me a few times) and you will get 210 credit. Once you unlock clue exchange, those 210 credits are automatically yours once 24 hours are up.

The 10 visit limit is to prevent visitors from accumulating an endless amount of credits that will never be used up and/or always being able to buy out the shop every day. Probably same reason for why they limit the amount of credits that can rollover each day. It's another way to reward daily playing.

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

And you don't need SSRs to win? Well you don't need them here either AND why wouldn't you want the shiny new girls? Having new units every 2-4 weeks keeps the games fresh.

Because I have enough operators already. I don't need any more of them right now. I need my current operators at higher levels/tiers.

Hopefully the game gets better because right now I don't care that much about the operators or their plights. Heck over half of my operators get no screen time or development of any kind so far (as of chapter 2). Amiya is not Mash from FGO or Iroha from Magia Record in that the game hasn't given me any reason to actually care what happens to her (or her associates) other than the magical cancer (oripathy) that she's suffering from.

Amiya is important in later chapters, well I can't explain much without spoiling it

Shiri1
joined Aug 13, 2019

Most of the ops get screen time in events. In terms of the main story, outside a small group of recurring ops like the Lungmen 3 or important Rhode Island ops like Blaze, your ops are usually just there as grunts. Main story is mostly focusing on the PC, Amiya + other high ranking Rhodes Island people, Reunion bosses.

I personally didn't find the main story interesting until ~chap 5 and even then I still prefer the events for story stuff.,

joined Jul 26, 2020

The event stories are 10x better than the main story, mostly cause they focus on stuff outside of Rhodes Island. Also cause we have no clue what the backstory of the main story events are until its fleshed out further in future events that explore it.

With Arknights, the main story is basically Rhodes Island vs Reunion while the event stories flesh out the rest of the world whether it be on a specific faction or on humanizing the Rhodes Island operators we don't see much of. With Amiya, I honestly don't care about her. She's the main character and I've never really liked the typical anime protagonists and she's clearly one.

With that said, chapter 5 is when the story "gets good." I'm reserving judgement on the main story though. Arknights has shown that it likes foreshadowing and slowly revealing conspiracies so I'm gonna wait till we get a bigger picture of the plot before I give a final review of the main story. That's another reason why event stories are better, they're self-contained with occasional open-ended conclusions while the main story is a work in progress.

Speaking of event stories, they're gonna roll out the Information Processing Room soon. That's a feature that let's you view previous event stories. It's probably coming with Children of Ursus along with the Path of Glory and Fashion Gallery features.

joined May 28, 2016

That sounds good. I'd like to read up on past events which I was unable to participate in due to joining only recently. As for events the Gavial The Great Chief Returns event sounds like something I'd like. Especially since it introduces Gavial's girlfriend Tomimi.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

This channel posts all story parts from events.

joined Jul 26, 2020

Here's what the new features will look like. I couldn't find a video where it shows all the new features on screen in English so I had to fall back on this Japanese one. The design is really nice and the Path of Glory feature will let you customize your profile more. The Fashion Gallery also looks great, it looks like a high-end fashion catalogue.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Found a tier list maker and decided to make one: my tier list.

Genuinely didn't realize how many male operators I actually liked in this game. Especially Jaye, I'm gonna insta E2 him when he comes to the global server.

Speaking of tier lists, Hololive EN vtubers Ina and Kiara made their own tier lists for Arknights. I'd say Ina is such an eldritch horror of culture. Note her placements of the operators. She ships.

joined Jul 26, 2016

She ships.

Leave it to a sea creature to understand nautical matters. ( ಠ༼ ͜ʖ༽ಠ)

joined Apr 30, 2020

Surtr got released in CN today and it really seems she's the arts version of SilverAsh. Basically a helidrop arts nuke tho her range is a straight line but her skill 3 charges faster and lasts as long as she's alive (which is limited by the demerit of her own skill). She's also got quite the ominous bgm.

Also here's some NSFW horse on horse action (Platinum x Nearl)

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Oh sorry I didn't notice you wanted the S2 Nev, I was asleep all day lol!

I'll watch the InaKiara meme list later. That vid is so long lol

joined Jul 26, 2016

Surtr got released in CN today and it really seems she's the arts version of SilverAsh. Basically a helidrop arts nuke tho her range is a straight line but her skill 3 charges faster and lasts as long as she's alive (which is limited by the demerit of her own skill). She's also got quite the ominous bgm.

"Ground Ifrit" seemed to be a common sentiment in YT vidyas. :d

Also here's some NSFW horse on horse action (Platinum x Nearl)

TBF Plat always gave me the vibe of a poker-faced troll...

joined Apr 30, 2020

"Ground Ifrit" seemed to be a common sentiment in YT vidyas. :d

I suppose it should be helidrop ground Ifrit. Spoiler warning for the boss. Here's Ragnarok in action. Not even max trust or max skill level and she can almost solo the boss. Tho I also want to point out how Thorns is basically solo'ing everything else.

#TotallyNotBootlegHimeko

Apparently not the only one who saw the connection

last edited at Sep 24, 2020 2:12PM

joined May 28, 2016

Well today I got the AoE, Guard, and Survival tags and got my first copy of Estelle. How good are AoE Guards like her?

last edited at Sep 24, 2020 10:11PM

joined Apr 30, 2020

Well today I got the AoE, Guard, and Survival tags and got my first copy of Estelle. How good are AoE Guards like her?

Need to elite 2 to get to maximum strength since they will only get block 3 at elite 2 which means being able to attack 3 enemies at once. Estelle being a 4 star means she's not as strong as her higher rarity counterparts but she still has that high HP and attack that her archetype has. Her thing is being healed for every enemy killed in the 4 tiles adjacent to her. It doesn't have to be her who kills it. Her skill 2 gives her a damage buff but prevents her from being healed by normal means aka healing from medics and healing defenders. But passive heals like talents of Perfumer, Angelina, and Sora work (her skill 1 also works). Estelle is not quite solo an entire lane like Blaze and Specter but she benefits from having allies near her. Ah but her skill only charges when she's attacked. Put her last so she draws aggro.

Just want to post this about Surtr, it is possible to keep her healed even with skill 3 active. You'll need an army of healers tho XD. Gotta admire the big brains of these players for testing this out.

last edited at Sep 24, 2020 10:36PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rye posted:

Oh sorry I didn't notice you wanted the S2 Nev, I was asleep all day lol!

Nah, it's fine. Even if you had M3, after talking to random, I got convinced to just do it normally. I wanted to cheat it and just do it the way Eckogen did, but he used Ejya, so I'd need to look for her on support and since I had no refreshes, resetting it through quitting maps felt like way too much pain, so I decided to try it myself. I actually managed to pull risk 8 just with my operators. Astesia to clear shield solders and defenders, Chen for physical dps against Militant and mixed damage from S2 (now that I think about it, with how much def they have, going full arts would probably be better), Cuora as main tank, Nearl and Gummy in the back as healers. Manticore in right left corner to slow Avengers and Hellagure to deal with casters spawning from bottom. Texas and Myrtle wombo-combo for all your DP needs and Melnatha as general purpose backup assassin. Once Hateful Avenger spawned and Hellagure killed caster on bottom, I retreated him and used Gravel, Melantha, Texas and Myrtle to stall HA as long as possible in Manticore's range and once they all inevitably died, I deployed Specter on the bottom to deal with next caster and tank and finish off HA. After that I removed her and dropped Hellagure on top caster's ass to dispose of them. In fact not only he easily killed them, he even dropped HA to half health (granted they ideally stopped on originium tile, but still). With S2 active I feel like they'd have chance to kill them and my Hellagure is only E1 lvl 40. After that it was just matter for waiting for HA to come over to me and murder their ass.

last edited at Sep 25, 2020 4:48AM

joined Apr 30, 2020

Animated pv for Children of Ursus. That is some whiplash inducing music.

joined Jul 26, 2020

Animated pv for Children of Ursus. That is some whiplash inducing music.

They sure did use very cheery uplifting music for the most depressing event.

Edit: BTW, trigger warning for a lot of fucked up shit in the event story. Depression, self-harm, suicide attempt, etc. Seriously skip it if any of these things trigger you. Not gonna put this in spoilers cause trigger warnings supercede spoiler etiquette.

last edited at Sep 25, 2020 12:25PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Holy Soundtrack Dissonance, Batman!

joined May 28, 2016

How hard is this event to just get the welfare? I have no E2 operators and only a few 3* E1 operators none of which are max level. :(

joined Jul 26, 2016

No idea, man. Could try asking CN vets who've been there in YT comments or the official Discord or similar I guess?

So far welfare Ops have been easy enough to get though.

joined Jul 26, 2020

It's extremely easy to get the welfare. You can easily do the first two stages of the event and get 40 Cookies, the event currency. After that, you can farm Cookies playing any stage outside of Extreme and Annihilation mode. You get 1 Cookie per Sanity you spend, and the total cost of the welfare + all her tokens = 250 Cookies.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Next E2 should be Nightingale...I have her mats ready but is it worth before TeaAppleSauce? I actually kinda feel like e2ing Amiya now because she's been benched since like April and I only need like 3 alcohol.

Just want to post this about Surtr, it is possible to keep her healed even with skill 3 active. You'll need an army of healers tho XD. Gotta admire the big brains of these players for testing this out.

Woah she burns herself faster than Himeko but you can keep her alive with a bunch of needles and soda bottles?!

How hard is this event to just get the welfare? I have no E2 operators and only a few 3* E1 operators none of which are max level. :(

This was already answered but you can easily get all the welfares to max potential in AK with very little effort as far as I know.

@Nev: so basically you discovered why we call that map "Guardnights".
Ifrit on top lane is another way to cheese that map real easy, you basically just retreat her on final wave, kill the casters, then stall the red weeb until you can re-deploy. Kinda hard to make it work on higher risk and that's why Eyja is better.

To reply you must either login or sign up.