Forum › Arknights!

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

WTF. Why the hell we can only refresh support 10 times every 12 hours?

It used to be 5.....

joined Jul 26, 2016

Huh weird ship. I'm not sure why they'd be shipped together besides both looking mouse-like.

Probably both being involved in shady cloak-and-dagger business. Shira is a bonafide ninja under Princess Fumizuki while Scavenger is part of the S.W.E.E.P.S., Rhodes' top-secret "deep black" ops squad. (How secret? Dokuhtah doesn't have clearance to know, that's how secret.)

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

It used to be 5.....

Yeah, that's an annoying thing about support. IIRC when there isn't a Contingency Contract event and you lose a normal stage when the support refresh is on a time the supports will refresh.

joined Jul 26, 2020

It used to be 5.....

Yeah, that's an annoying thing about support. IIRC when there isn't a Contingency Contract event and you lose a normal stage when the support refresh is on a time the supports will refresh.

It works during a CC event too, just do it on a normal stage. That's what I did to find a support FEater with S2M3.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

It used to be 5.....

It works during a CC event too, just do it on a normal stage. That's what I did to find a support FEater with S2M3.

Really? I was trying that just now, losing one of the early levels on purpose to see if the support units reset and it didn't work.

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

It used to be 5.....

And that's (much) better? FGO lets you refresh the support servant list an unlimited amount of times- although with a slight delay between refreshes (~10sec if I recall correctly) compared to this game where it's only 10 refreshes every 12 hours. Also it used to be 5 every 6 hours which turns out be not that much of a change.

joined Jul 26, 2020

It used to be 5.....

And that's (much) better? FGO lets you refresh the support servant list an unlimited amount of times- although with a slight delay between refreshes (~10sec if I recall correctly) compared to this game where it's only 10 refreshes every 12 hours. Also it used to be 5 every 6 hours which turns out be not that much of a change.

If we're comparing then FGO doesn't even have auto battle nor does it have any base features that let you passively farm trust/money/EXP and even the gacha currency. FGO also doesn't let you recruit beyond a 3 star with its secondary recruit system and even expands that pool to equipment instead of only characters. FGO also has no spark system that guarantees you a limited character after so many rolls (will be implemented with W banner) nor does it let you buy high rarity characters from the store without having to get copies of the highest rarity (Arknights let's you get the currency to buy 6 stars from 4 star dupes).

Anyways I'm pretty sure the reason Arknights doesn't give you unlimited refreshes is cause they want to give your friend supports a fairly equal chance of being picked since the person you borrow from gets 20 friend points from having their units used. Prevents whales from having a monopoly since they're usually the ones with maxed out units.

Edit: I do think they should have two separate support lists though, one for CC and one for regular maps. Using someone's support for CC doesn't give them anything IIRC so having unlimited refreshes there while keeping the 10 for regular maps where it does give friend points seems more fair.

last edited at Sep 22, 2020 8:30PM

You can also refresh your support by doing 1-7 with a support unit, you will always need rocks so it's not a waste of Sanity

joined Jul 26, 2020

You can also refresh your support by doing 1-7 with a support unit, you will always need rocks so it's not a waste of Sanity

Yeah, just pick a random support unit and then finish the run and there you go, bootleg refresh. You can also do this on other maps, just pick a random support, start the run, exit the run and your support list has been refreshed. You'll lose 1 sanity but that's an option.

last edited at Sep 22, 2020 10:51PM

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that. Just doing any level with a support, regardless if you clear it or retreat, works to reset the support list. When I tried that earlier I forgot to actually use a support, which was why it didn’t reset for me.

Note that you have to actually use sanity to reset the support list - doing practice doesn’t work.

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

If we're comparing then FGO doesn't even have auto battle nor does it have any base features that let you passively farm trust/money/EXP and even the gacha currency. FGO also doesn't let you recruit beyond a 3 star with its secondary recruit system and even expands that pool to equipment instead of only characters. FGO also has no spark system that guarantees you a limited character after so many rolls (will be implemented with W banner) nor does it let you buy high rarity characters from the store without having to get copies of the highest rarity (Arknights let's you get the currency to buy 6 stars from 4 star dupes).

You never need to have SSRs to win in FGO and getting one (no matter who it is) in the game is more meaningful than games which shower you with them. Sure you can buy 6* operators in the game outside of the gacha... if you get 180 dupes of 4* units. The spark system also requires 300 rolls on the banner which frankly is not too feasible for free players unless you don't spend any other banners and horde them for a long time. Would you like this game the same or less if it didn't have autobattle (and no base) in it and you had to do everything manually? Would you like FGO more if it had those features in it?

joined Jul 26, 2020

You never need to have SSRs to win in FGO and getting one (no matter who it is) in the game is more meaningful than games which shower you with them. Sure you can buy 6* operators in the game outside of the gacha... if you get 180 dupes of 4* units. The spark system also requires 300 rolls on the banner which frankly is not too feasible for free players unless you don't spend any other banners and horde them for a long time. Would you like this game the same or less if it didn't have autobattle (and no base) in it and you had to do everything manually? Would you like FGO more if it had those features in it?

FGO's gameplay is complete shit so no I wouldn't like it better whether it had autoplay or not and I would still like Arknights cause its gameplay is actually good. Also you can farm 4 stars with the recruit system, and that's not even adding the 4-6 stars you get from the gacha banners. You can also get 5-6 stars in the recruit system, I've personally gotten 4 top operator tags so far.

The spark system is there for whales, not for F2P players in the first place. At least there's a 100% chance to get the operator you want instead of people whaling on FGO and if they're unlucky, they won't get the servant they want after spending an absurd amount of money. My FGO friend had to spend $1000 on a banner before he got the servant he wanted.

Also how in the world is having a shittier rate for high rarity characters ever a good thing?? As for whether you need SSRs, you don't need high rarity operators to complete Arknights either, they're only there for people who want to flex high risks on CC. You can clear the main story and event stories with 3 and 4 stars just fine, and there's literally someone on Youtube who shows you exactly how to do it.

I've played FGO for 2 years before and quit cause after losing the luster of getting SSRs, I realized the gameplay actually sucks ass. The only good things going for FGO are the story and the characters, everything else sucks. Even the UI looks like shit, courtesy of it being an older game. There's also the high demand of time for farming events, if you want to get everything, you're gonna need to invest a lot of time. Arknights does not force you to waste time on rock paper scissors and you can actually do other stuff while farming. It also doesn't demand that much time to complete events either. 2 weeks for each event gives you plenty of time to clear all the content you need to without actually spending a lot of hours to do stuff.

Oh yeah, even with characters, at least Arknights has unique new characters with different designs instead of a reskin of the same person over and over (and I'm saying this as a Saberface lover). Also the fact they add different classes of the same character or have a summer version of the same character. Why not just add a skin instead of making people have to roll for it? And while I'm at it, FGO has way too many gags instead of proper characterization for servants. A joke or two is fine, but when you focus on that instead of actual characterization and lore, it's like having to sit through 50 episodes of Naruto fillers.

Anyways, there are some things I wish Arknights had that FGO has, namely avatar customization and interludes. I know the Doctor is supposed to be mysterious and shit, but it'll be neat if they let you actually customize them. As for interludes, giving people an interlude similar to the Story of Afternoon vignettes after you max trust them would be nice. A smaller thing I'd like is for Arknights to have an updated sprite for E2'ed operators. Honestly dunno why they didn't do that in the first place, but I'll cut them some slack since Hypergryph is a startup company and Arknights is their first game. They're also constantly adding new stuff and improving upon stuff in the game, evident of the stuff in the CN server.

One thing you have to keep in mind is that Arknights is a really new game compared to FGO and FGO has barely improved anything in the years they've been out while Arknights has added new mechanics, new features, new game types, and new QoL fixes since it's been out a year ago.

TL;DR: Arknights >>>>>>>>>>> Great Wall of China >>>>>>>>>>>>> FGO.

last edited at Sep 23, 2020 12:34AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

^^^ Amen to that.

塞雷娅 posted:

Why not just add a skin instead of making people have to roll for it?

Money, what else? FGO is one of the greediest gacha games I've ever seen (not that I saw many).

joined Jul 26, 2016

TL;DR: Arknights >>>>>>>>>>> Great Wall of China >>>>>>>>>>>>> FGO.

This made me giggle more than it has any right to.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

So I thought I know how clue exchange works, but turns out I don't. So I get 210 credits regardless how many people visit me? What's the point of 10 visit limit then? Does that mean there's a limit how much credits I can get from visiting other people during their clue exchange?

joined Jul 26, 2016

Does that mean there's a limit how much credits I can get from visiting other people during their clue exchange?

You get 30 for each yeah so total cap of 300 from visiting others. No idea if the host gets anything more out of it than a feeling of pride and accomplishment from the visitor count but I go through the list anyway just to be considerate.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Bruh why are you even trying to defend FGO? (We) FGO players are masochists.
Maxing out a 6* is not even that bad, even with shitty luck on stage drops. It takes around a month with no refills or full attention which is the same as PR farming in AL (which also has auto play+chat to mess around). Maxing out even a 3* in fgo takes forever. And of course, I'm ignoring the mostly useless USO system.
And you don't need SSRs to win? Well you don't need them here either AND why wouldn't you want the shiny new girls? Having new units every 2-4 weeks keeps the games fresh.

Just to clarify, AK JP and EN are on par. JP just ahead cause of timezones. Neither have caught up to CN. Anyway, Yostar has shuffled events before. In CN, Summer event (Heart of Surging Flame) was before Operational Intelligence (Magallan banner). In EN/JP/KR, Operational Intelligence was before Heart of Surging Flame.

Oh kk. I wasn't paying close attention then.

So I thought I know how clue exchange works, but turns out I don't. So I get 210 credits regardless how many people visit me? What's the point of 10 visit limit then? Does that mean there's a limit how much credits I can get from visiting other people during their clue exchange?

Isn't the visit bonus credits for the visitor? And there is a daily limit but I think it's only for credits gained from clues.

ANYWAY! Today looks super ez so Ill focus on permanent stage. I doubt I'll be able to clear super high risks tho lmao

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Last daily being Area 59 feels nostalgic already lol. It hasn't even been that long. Easy risk 8 and I think higher risk is even doable but I'm not big brained enough for it. A youtuber I follow who likes cosplaying as Yugi managed to do it. That clutch stun from Bibeak. He's currently streaming his attempts to clear Broken Path on higher risks.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I tried with Shaw, but her skill is too weak to push Militant. I need FEater with S2, but only one I found in support was Rye's and she has set S1.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I tried with Shaw, but her skill is too weak to push Militant. I need FEater with S2, but only one I found in support was Rye's and she has set S1.

FEater's S2 needs to be M3 to beat Shaw, and people mainly develop that if they're going to mess with pinball memes. What you want is Angelina's S3 which globally drops enemy weight by a step while active (becoming discount Eyja with slow doesn't hurt ofc).

...you're better off just murdering those guys with Arts damage tho, the push tile in Area 59 generally isn't worth building around.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I didn't last time, but with new risks I wanted to give it a shot (since last time I didn't even try), but you have a point that Angelina will be much better, so thanks. I'll try it and if it doesn't work, I'll change my strategy.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Need her as Support? I've got an E2 one sitting around if you don't have her.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

random posted:

Need her as Support? I've got an E2 one sitting around if you don't have her.

I totally forgot that in order to reach risk 8, I picked ban on ranged units and if you pick 75% slower DP gain you have to pick either Militant risk (which increases their weight by 2) or tile ban (which removes support tile) to reach risk 8. Yes, I don't have her, but seems like I'll just do it old fashioned way. Thanks for offer anyway.

Also, not sure if it's a bug or what, but when I used Manticore (E1) to slow down Avengers, her attacks didn't seem to slow them down at all, despite having S1 set.

last edited at Sep 23, 2020 10:23AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Well if you're running on the ranged ban I already have E2 Nearl in my supports if you need extra healing mojo to make up for the lack of Medics o3ob

(Saria should be commonly enough available tho.)

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yea, I tried mine, but they're not strong enough to tank. Will pick some Saria from support, though it'll be a bit of pain, since I wasted almost all refreshes on looking for Angelina, before I remembered I picked range ban...

To reply you must either login or sign up.