Forum › Problem with site's security certificate

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

When I tried to enter the site I got an error message:

"Did Not Connect: Potential Security Issue

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to dynasty-scans.com. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time.

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely.

What can you do about it?

dynasty-scans.com has a security policy called HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS), which means that Firefox can only connect to it securely. You can’t add an exception to visit this site.

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem."

My browser is Firefox.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

This is a global problem, we're looking into it. Current ETA is a few hours to a day. Will update when we have more info!

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

That was like the longest 8 hours of my existence ever.
I think I may have a DS addiction...

last edited at Sep 20, 2020 9:56PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Nothing wrong with that (hopefully). Should not be an issue going forward, thanks for your patience!

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I noticed that I tried to enter the site by reflex like 15 times today... like click Ah! right, it's down...damn [10 minutes later] click AH!

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

@ninryu: Microsoft Edge wouldn't let me in either.

I can do without one site for a while, but today my BFF came by; I've been getting her into yuri little by little. Today I couldn't. The good news: she was disappointed & wants to see the next chapter of Angel x Demon.

Even before this though, I often visit a night but for some reason the site becomes unusable between 1-1:30 (Pacific Time).

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@Serenata Lol- I did exactly the same thing- automatically clicked the link like a dozen times when I knew it wasn't accessible and had checked it just 10 minutes ago.

Didnt this happen once before too, a few month ago? sure I remember the same error.

joined Jul 8, 2019

For the benefice of those who couldn't enter before the problem was solved, an user-side workaround (which DOES work - that's how it could be posted) was posted in this thread - in case it happens again.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

How do I do a workaround in Chrome? I couldn't get in either, and I couldn't find any way to override. The workaround aimed at Firefox didn't make any sense to me.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

How do I do a workaround in Chrome? I couldn't get in either, and I couldn't find any way to override. The workaround aimed at Firefox didn't make any sense to me.

Set your system clock back a day or call your browser vendor and ask them to remove any and all "no user recourse" measures.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Thanks. As far as I now. Google never gives in person responses to ordinary users, but I bet setting my system clock back would work! Why didn't I think of that?

Edit: I randomly ended up with Chrome on my computer, then liked it. But my phone came with Chrome preinstalled. I wonder if my phone provider could do something about that.

last edited at Sep 23, 2020 12:41AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.