Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ I ignored the 1st game completely when I say that it was another generic non-Nep IF/Compa game they drop every once in a while. It's always the same shit, another shitty unnecessary harem game with cookie cutter dialogue. Not wasting my time again lol yes, Im salty about Quintet or whatever it's called
I did read somewhere else as well that this one is yuri friendly so assume the tone is similar to Nep MK II? Maybe darker?

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/75658825
Undertale Undine x Alphys

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Just got to chapter 4 of 10 and boy is it even more relevant now. During another cutscene Rottie ends up falling down a pinning Mai on her bed. Not only is there Mai and Rottie but several of the side characters are also involved in same sex relationships as well. I'm waiting for the fanfic with Mai and Rottie's science baby daughter to be written. Heck I might even try writing it... although whether or not it's any good writing quality wise or not is another matter entirely.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Looks like Aloe got bullied into quitting, this poor woman probably has to relocate, change her phone number and most likely quit the internet for a while. I can't believe there's people actually victim blaming her, not to mention the no life harassers... treating a human being like this is just sickening. I seriously hope she gets help and is not driven into hurting herself.

The other girls seem pretty depressed about it as well. I hope they're ok too.

Anyway, there was a lot of good fanart of her this past 2 weeks. Go ahead and check them out on pixiv and twitter with the tag 魔乃アロエ or on reddit.

My mind is blank right now so no yuri from me today. Sorry.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Saw the news yesterday the moment it was announced, took me like 30 minutes to accept the truth, I was hoping it would be just some awful "joke".
I'm not totally surprised, just disappointed, if people are still harassing her and her data is still in wrong hands she wouldn't be able to make it through the fear every day and we don't know how far people took things in Japan or if police was involved, we don't know anything. Mel was able to come back only after several months but it was a case of harassment, there wasn't hate involved I think.

I went to the mountain early today with my family, had the chance to clear my mind... Luckily I don't frequent Twitter or Reddit, must be awful there, my best wishes to her, I hope she finds her place and continue as an artist.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

A lot of sad posts. Don't look up more info, you'll just get angry/ier. I don't use social media but the hololive community is legitimate wholesome and welcoming, so I started checking out r/hololive.
Reddit has some positive stuff too:

Moona is meming at Twitter:

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/80940463
Pokemon Nessa x Sonia

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I'm accessing via my tablet, yeah. Which means that I can read the AdaShima releases but I can't actively change anything about them, and that I still have the ability to be on the 'net so I don't go completely crazy. (Oh, and which also means it's a real pain in the neck to seek out and copy+paste multiple previous replies to me to quote, so sorry if this seems out of place without that, lol.)

Going out and walking around is a nice idea but not something I can usually engage in a lot of. My awesome set of disabilities include several spine issues that cause pain which tends to compound when I'm standing, so my trips out tend to be short and sweet and only as needed, there is no real ability to just enjoy a nice walk in the park unless I'm both having a "good" day and have managed to squirrel away a few extra pain pills, heh.

That said I do have plenty of other things in my apartment to keep me occupied, big TV, several streaming services, XBOX One, guitars, artsy fartsy crafting stuff etc. I'm just super buttmad that my PC died. First, new drives aren't cheap. And it's a giant pain in the butt having to yank my tower out from under my desk, pull the bad drive, replace with the good one, and THEN go through all the hassle of trying to recover and reinstall everything I had on that drive...

I am sad to say that I'm not as enthusiastic about the Inuyasha sequel as I thought I would be. I think this is probably down to the fact that my Inuyasha fangirling days were just about 20 years ago, so I've rather grown out of it. I will still watch it of course, but I'm not gonna be all excited about it like I was once upon a time apparently, lol. I am sorely tempted to dig out my box of Inuyasha schwag though, for the Sango figure I have in there that I still think is heckin' neato even after two decades. I just don't really have anyplace to put it right now... tiny apartment is tiny..

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@ Serenata
Do you by any chance have some other recommendations than Ikoku Nikki? I've read all the available chapters and I love it, hopefully the manga won't be over soon.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

If the new Inuyasha anime doesn't focus on yuri or subtext, I just hope it focus on adventures and magic instead hahaha or who knows maybe give us all yuri, het and adventures.

@Kuroneko I wonder how it feels to binge a manga like that hahahaha, let's see... I don't have another drama series like that with a girl as lead but I know a manga than imo is just as good when it comes to create REAL characters, who struggle, who can love and cry just like you and me, where you can feel their pain as if it were yours and that's Blue Period, is about a student who wants to do and study painting and despite feeling the weight of starting "late" he tries his best to keep up, and you probably though that Makio was a great character in Ikoku Nikki, right? in Blue Period you'll find lots of enigmatic artists like her.

If you're an artist (playing, singing, drawing, acting or writing) or just passionate with a hobby you might feel that this manga gets too real at times, like it's seeing right through you! it doesn't stop at art, because psychological, gender, and health topics are touched as well, so I consider it a great read... Plus, this is very important, the art is pretty nice too and unique.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

My replacement joycon finally arrived. It works great! Too bad I can't use it wirelessly. The Zelda design is nice too.
I think I'll finally start playing Omega Labyrinth life. It's been collecting virtual dust for a while. Tags: boobs, dungeon crawler, rogue like, yuri?

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/55191722
YGO Arc V Yuzu x Serena
NSFW

Ea068ec8502133f96ff1a1123008a767
joined Mar 26, 2020

I LIKE BONELESS PIZZA

WTF, there's pizza with boney meat on it?

I think when people say boneless pizza, they mean doughless pizza (and as 2011 me can tell you from reading culinary magazines, that's actually a real thing).

Reading again, I think this person was joking/meme-ing, but interesting piece of info! This is the first time I'm actually hearing of doughless pizza, they don't sell it in the popular stores in my country. Have you tried it? Does it taste different or same?

Never tried it. I just remember seeing an image and a recipe (that I didn't actually bother reading) that I saw in a cooking magazine when I was a kid. I have never actually seen doughless pizza IRL.

boneless pizza are good!

joined Mar 26, 2020

can i have friends here? since i don't have friends in real life

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@ Serenata

@Kuroneko I wonder how it feels to binge a manga like that hahahaha, let's see... I don't have another drama series like that with a girl as lead but I know a manga than imo is just as good when it comes to create REAL characters, who struggle, who can love and cry just like you and me...

Damn... I should've come up with that nickname right from the start - it sounds cool xD
Even the bonus chapter of Ikoku Nikki is a gem.. I've binged on the manga the first time you mentioned it and ever since I've been impatiently waiting for the new releases each time. Makio is a favorite of mine because of how realistic her depiction as an introvert is. I can relate to a certain extent.
Thank you very much for your detailed reply! :) I will give Blue Period a try then because of all the above mentioned reasons. Even if I'm not particularly talented or passionate about anything right now, I find it even more compelling reading about such people.

@ Pumkinmonster

Welcome to our Cafe! ^ ^ It's a small but cozy corner with easygoing and nonjudgmental people. I believe many will be willing to get to know you. So feel free to hang out a lot in here! ( Feel free as well to share your suggestions on manga or whatever you find interesting ;P )
I wonder if I'm the right person to welcome you here though, since I'm not the most sociable person out there xD

last edited at Sep 2, 2020 2:21PM

joined May 28, 2016

@Rye I just finished Death End Re;Quest 2 and have good news. Mai and Rottie are shown together holding hands during the epiolgue of the game. That and during the fallen ending where Rottie is killed by the leader of an evil cult who was trying to summon a powerful demon she (Mai) kills all of the cultists and implies everyone else living as her love interest (Rottie) that was keeping Mai and now the demon inside Mai in check is no longer there.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Mai and Rottie are shown together holding hands

Well so much for the No Sexual Content tag F95zone gave it, then.

joined May 28, 2016

Forget no sexual content. The other stuff in the game like Chitsuba going yandere on Victorie drowning her because she thought that Victorie was cheating on her with the head mistress. Said head mistress killing her own students with a hatchet... however is...

joined Jul 26, 2016

Okay this is some cool shit. Interactive globe map going back 750 million years that lets you search for the contemporaneous location of present-day places - want to know where your neck of the woods was hanging out when dinos went extinct or life started colonising dry land?

brb nerding out with this for the next hour or two (≧▽≦)

last edited at Sep 3, 2020 6:08AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

@Sakura Cartelet: thanks for the info! I'll put it on my wishlist. I'm still broke also, lewd!

@pumpkinmonster: I'm here pretty much everyday now. We can exchange embarrassing stories and stuff.

@random: 66 mil years ago huh? I can't get famous by finding fossils here...

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/50858948
Neon genesis evangelion Asuka x Mari
Lewd hand holing action.

joined Mar 26, 2020

@Sakura Cartelet: thanks for the info! I'll put it on my wishlist. I'm still broke also, lewd!

@pumpkinmonster: I'm here pretty much everyday now. We can exchange embarrassing stories and stuff.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/50858948
Neon genesis evangelion Asuka x Mari
Lewd hand holing action

so are we friends yay! since i made a friend ill come here everyday..dang whats this feeling i feel so freaking happy!

joined Jul 26, 2016

You'd likely have better luck than I would anyway, since the last glacial maximum basically scrubbed all overburden off the stupidly old and hard (because anything that wasn't eroded away long ago) bedrock 'round here...

On the upside out in the woods people still sometimes stumble across caches of valuables hidden by olden-time folks for various reasons. (Most just get bug bites tho.)

Damn the UK looked so weird 20 million years ago

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Wait... I thought Doggerland was a thing then? WHY IS IT IN THE NORTH SEA ON THAT MAP?

joined Mar 26, 2020

Guys dare me since i am bored

joined Jul 26, 2016

Wait... I thought Doggerland was a thing then? WHY IS IT IN THE NORTH SEA ON THAT MAP?

Quick search gave it a formation date of only ca. 16 kya so...

As I understand the feature was connected to the general weirdness of the area - ie. being a huge glacial meltwater lake dammed in the south by the Weald-Artois anticline and by the remaining glacier mass in the north - around the end of the last glacial maximum.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Quick search gave it a formation date of only ca. 16 kya so...

As I understand the feature was connected to the general weirdness of the area - ie. being a huge glacial meltwater lake dammed in the south by the Weald-Artois anticline and by the remaining glacier mass in the north - around the end of the last glacial maximum.

Huh. Interesting. I should look more into that.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Okay this is some cool shit. Interactive globe map going back 750 million years that lets you search for the contemporaneous location of present-day places - want to know where your neck of the woods was hanging out when dinos went extinct or life started colonising dry land?

brb nerding out with this for the next hour or two (≧▽≦)

Neat, thank you!

To reply you must either login or sign up.