Forum › Kissing Mars discussion

Srztiub
joined Nov 5, 2017

Wow. I just love love LOVE this manga. The art? The character development? Love it all.
Of course I’d love a happy fairy tale ending, but this one felt so real that I really liked it. (also helps that I just assume they finally realize their feelings get together in the end.)

2_copy
joined Jan 27, 2015

So I revisited this after 4 years and I gotta say, it's exactly how I remember it. Back then I related to Yukari with her family situation and the frustration it caused her. I understood the feelings she had for Miki and the struggle it was to have them. But having gone through a serious relationship between then and now, I appreciate them more than ever. I love the jealously and the conflict she had in trying to maintain her own AND Miki's happiness. It's just so real. Good stuff!

Derp%20gal
joined Jan 19, 2019

My heart just completely melted.

joined Mar 28, 2019

This is real character development. The author is a genius at accomplishing this within just four chapters, while certain Shounen artists whom I will not name cannot even do this with over 200+ chapters lol.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

I'm not crying!!! YOU'RE CRYING!!!! EVERYONE ELSE BUT ME IS CRYING!!! SEE?!?!
sobs

last edited at Apr 4, 2019 11:21AM

joined Mar 15, 2019

No

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

YES

Dq96tyidseq-min%20(6)
joined Apr 29, 2019

Read it years ago. Liked a lot.

joined Jun 28, 2018

"Do you want to be expelled..."

Over a damn phone? This has to be one of those cases where manga exaggerates shit, right? There's no way they're that damn strict in real life, right?

joined Aug 26, 2018

"Do you want to be expelled..."

Over a damn phone? This has to be one of those cases where manga exaggerates shit, right? There's no way they're that damn strict in real life, right?

This is not exaggerating. I remembered when I was still in high school students would be expelled if they got caught more than 3 times using cellphone in class (forget to turn on vibration counts too). It's believed that minors are too young to possess one, which obviously distracts them from lectures and stuffs. It sounds somehow strict but it's done for the students' sake.

last edited at Aug 29, 2019 4:42PM

Ao3
joined Apr 23, 2019

I am always really sad over the end but...well written

Lastpersimmondrops
Chi3c
joined Apr 22, 2020

So good, one of my favorite mangaka. If you haven't encountered maka-maka do search it out.

last edited at Jun 23, 2020 8:02PM

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2020

This is a really nice story :)

joined Dec 13, 2018

...better than I thought it'd be

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

it hurts me more knowing that this is too realistic and i relate to yukari so much. although with the open ending, this is so well written. i love it. i'll keep going back to this manga.

To reply you must either login or sign up.