Forum › Hakamada Mera discussion

joined Oct 15, 2014

I love all of your work. Hope you make more manga/doujins :-)

joined Jan 11, 2015

I love you(r works) Hakamada Mera!

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

God the art is so bad. I can't focus on story.

joined Jul 6, 2014

Is Hakamada Mera a guy or a girl?
I'm assuming a girl but it would be cool to know if there are any yuri mangaka that are guys.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

MaartenAr posted:

I'm assuming a girl but it would be cool to know if there are any yuri mangaka that are guys.

She's a girl. From what I recall she's friends with Morinaga Milk. One of the afterwords of one of Hakamada or Morinaga's mangas (I forget which) talks about them and one other mangaka going to a strip bar or something like that and specifically mentions them all being girls.

As for authors who are guys I know the authors of these two mangas are:
http://dynasty-scans.com/series/chatting_at_the_amber_teahouse
http://dynasty-scans.com/series/wife_and_wife

Those are the only two who immediately come to mind though.

Dynasty9
joined Aug 21, 2016

Stories by her outweighs hundreds of other artists. Despite her simple art, I wouldn't hesitate to choose her works over those that are all art with an empty story. Hope to see more of her works!

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I think the art looks decent, that's probably one of the reasons I like their work, and also the stories too

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I love her art, not only because I think it's nice to look at, but because of how how she uses it for her stories, which happen to be very well written.

last edited at Jan 8, 2017 6:36AM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Ok I take that back. She is good

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

MaartenAr posted:

She's a girl. From what I recall she's friends with Morinaga Milk. One of the afterwords of one of Hakamada or Morinaga's mangas (I forget which) talks about them and one other mangaka going to a strip bar or something like that and specifically mentions them all being girls.

She's not of the same generation of yuri mangakas that did that (Fujio of Under One Roof, Amana Shuninto of Feelings We All Must Endure, Morishima Akiko of Yuri Kuma Arashi, Aoki Mitsue of Princess Princess).

Hakamada Mera is of the Morinaga Milk generation. Among other things they've done together, She and Morinaga once hit a hot springs together and Hakamada wrote about it in one of her comics.

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Carol%20grigg
joined Jun 20, 2020

Her book Fairy Idol Kanon was translated to English. It's a fantasy story for children with an openly gay (male) character. No blatant yuri, but a lot of subtext.

To reply you must either login or sign up.