Forum › Arknights!

I got my Hellagur to E2 lvl 35, now I should be able to clear a lot more content (and I will be able to use E2 lvl 35 supports, that will be very helpful)

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Wow. Already an E2 with less than two weeks since you started. Nice.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Yeah, just like Makisu. 5-6* at such low level is crazy fast progress.
I started e2ing around level 65, I just used all my 3-4*s all the time lol
That's why Shirayuki was my 1st e2.

I bought Skyfire from shop. Time to farm for another swimsuit Kappa. actually, I know skins come back and at 15 originium instead of 18, I think I'll wait

That freaking clue 5! I'm going to have to rush e2 Istina and Indra for consistent 4 and 5.

last edited at May 15, 2020 8:17AM

joined Apr 30, 2020

I did not get my first E2 until the Grani event 'cause I got the mats I needed from there. I think Skyfire's swimsuit costs 18 btw. Also my thanks when you E2 Indra and Istina. I could use surplus clues 4 and 5 :D

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I meant when the skin comes back at later, I know it's 18 ori rn. At least, that's what I've heard.

Those E2s will take a while, I need to farm red certs and dualchips + I just E1d Indra rn aaand she also needs T3 polyester which I just ran out of lmao!

joined Apr 30, 2020

I meant when the skin comes back at later, I know it's 18 ori rn. At least, that's what I've heard.

Oh. Didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Tho I bought all the summer skins... No regrets lol. I will keep the future discount in mind for other skins.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I just E1d Indra rn aaand she also needs T3 polyester which I just ran out of lmao!

I AM SPEED!
Almost done, just need LMD.

Oh. Didn't know that. Thanks for the info. Tho I bought all the summer skins... No regrets lol. I will keep the future discount in mind for other skins.

NP! I'm glad I did extra research since the game doesn't have in game chat.

joined Apr 30, 2020

Just went down to 1k LMD after E2 Firewatch then I lost more mats to mastery 1 her skill 2. But worth it for triple nukes.

Also wanted to share art of my favorite Arknights family

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Me, not paying too much attention to the game: oh, some potions are running out. Guess they are left over from the big event. Gotta use 'em up. Let's see how many ...
... 17?!
Whelp. That's going to be some level-ups too, just for that bit of extra sanity I clearly need right now :D

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ you didn't farm hard enough!

E2d Indra she can kick my butt anytime and I'm out of sanity burgers, will put her to work when the other 2 get tired. Instina is almost done...I just need red certs again...and LMD again. Guess I'll E2 Exusiai and Myrtle too since I just need LMD for them.
Uh...Skill mastery is gonna be a bitch of a farm.

Texas and Lappy will stay E1 for a while longer. And so are my Healers/Defenders. Nightingale is also almost ready but haven't farmed dualchips.

....speaking of Firewatch, I'm still salty her tag got crossed out when I got it >_>

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I became curious about this game cause of the recent outpour of related uploads. So far barely five hours in it seems like a decent gacha game. So two questions: is there anything approaching actual yuri in this game? And how fair is the game to new players?

joined Apr 30, 2020

I became curious about this game cause of the recent outpour of related uploads. So far barely five hours in it seems like a decent gacha game. So two questions: is there anything approaching actual yuri in this game? And how fair is the game to new players?

I think it is relatively fair. When I started on my sister's account during the summer event, I was able to clear prologue, clear Annihilation 1, level units to elite 1 level 30-40, clear annihilation 2, then clear event (except EX stages and challenge modes). Almost every map can be cleared with the 3 stars and 4 stars you are given. The notable exceptions are hell modes and challenge modes. Also, relatively good timing, starting tomorrow/day after tomorrow, free 100 sanity and all the dailies are available every day so good opportunity to catch up.

As for actual canon yuri

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Pretty much what myrrh said. I used 1-4 stars for the entire story mode 'till ch 4 because all the events happened and I just upgraded to golds.

Not as F2P friendly as AL in terms of collection but just as F2P friendly gameplay wise. Good luck!
You can read all the posts here for beginner tips. Or just ask away :)

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

You can read all the posts here for beginner tips. Or just ask away :)

I took a look at the shop guide which was helpful as the shop is confusing as fuck. I did wonder though, the costumes provide no gameplay benefit right? As a F2P, I don't want to spend any gacha currency on things outside of the gacha. XD

As for actual canon yuri

Oh well that's something. Do any of the more common ships I see on here (eg. Texas x Lappland) have any canon backing?

And going off of that, what would be your evaluations of the main story, world lore, and/or character stories? So far the prologue and chapter one have started off with some interesting world-building elements, though I'm not a fan of the amnesiac self-insert protagonist and I'm wondering if the characters will get more depth to them.

joined Apr 30, 2020

I took a look at the shop guide which was helpful as the shop is confusing as fuck. I did wonder though, the costumes provide no gameplay benefit right? As a F2P, I don't want to spend any gacha currency on things outside of the gacha. XD

No, skins are purely cosmetic. The ingame effects you might read about are just cosmetic too like visual effects during skills. Yeah as a fellow gacha player, best to resist the temptation.

Oh well that's something. Do any of the more common ships I see on here (eg. Texas x Lappland) have any canon backing?

Texas and Lappland are childhood friends or rivals depends on how you interpret it. Lapp's stalker like tendency does get interpreted as a crush so it does fall in subtext, arguably very subtext. There is more subtext for Texas x Sora at least on Sora's end since her whole motivation for joining Penguin Logistics and by extension Rhodes Island is to be with Texas for saving her from kidnapping. Schwarz x Ceylon also has, imo, strong subtext there. I'd advise looking up their lines and more especially, the chibi animation for Schwarz's Xmas skin. And then Saria x Silence, well canon is that Silence hates Saria but Silence's token, her feather, indicates possible past positive feelings, and Saria has one feather (so does Ifrit), indicating an emotional connection among them. Also, one of Ifrit's lines is basically just "Why are mom and dad fighting?"

And going off of that, what would be your evaluations of the main story, world lore, and/or character stories? So far the prologue and chapter one have started off with some interesting world-building elements, though I'm not a fan of the amnesiac self-insert protagonist and I'm wondering if the characters will get more depth to them.

Generally there is a ymmv on the main story as it does not get "good" until chapter 5 or 6 depending on who you ask. Imo, I liked it and the general direction it's taking. Yeah the world of Arknights is fucked and it' should not be a clear good vs bad thing. Like it does try to show the motivations behind Reunion and why they do bad things in world that hates them and basically has judged them to die inevitably. While it also shows that Rhodes Island is taking the positive outlook by trying to find a cure, it nevertheless allies itself with "enemies" of Infected since it needs to maintain a neutral stance and not get powerful enemies. As for character depth, I think the main focus is primarily on the main protags. Sadly the other characters that show up do not get much and you'll have to rely on actually getting the characters and reading their profiles. And yeah seems Doc is just self-insert as you play as a passive audience who is just watching the stories unfold. There are spoilers regarding the Doc's past that he may be or was something more but whether that plays into the present is doubtful. It will probably just be used to reveal more about Kal'tsit, Amiya and background lore. I doubt the Doctor will be an active protag of any kind

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

The shop is harder than CC tbh don't @ me.

As a F2P, I don't want to spend any gacha currency on things outside of the gacha. XD

Actually, the originite conversion into orundum is horrendous. Rolling with originite is kinda really expensive, just buy the lvl packs(which give you mlre rolls) and skins just like everyone else says.
TL;DR: 2 skins = 1 ten roll...which will probably be a purple bag anyway Kappa.
Up to you in the end, of course.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Story as far as I got was pretty stupid. Reunion clearly have the right idea, and I have no clue why Rhodes Island are supposed to be good in any sense of the word. But I suppose it's also meant for Asian market - social compliance is a virtue on it's on, I guess ^^

joined Apr 30, 2020

Interesting take, cause the common complaint I've seen (which I assumed was a Western bias) is that Reunion is all complete monsters and terrorists (not necessarily wrong). They don't get the motivations of why Reunion resorted to such bloody methods, completely missing the persecution of being Infected, and saying that if it was that bad being Infected, why not just join Rhodes Island the good guys instead of Reunion the bad guys.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I mean, sure, Reunion has too many of those typical anime-style "mwhahaha I'm such evil look at the edgy rubbish I say HA HA HA" characters so you can't really sympathize with them. But their motivation in principle makes sense to me. And wishy-washy Rhodos with, sure, an admirable goal of "we want everyone to get along!" but a rather nebulous plan on how to achieve it is ... weird to me.

If you fought both sides as some sort of human-infected alliance that'd be against either extreme that'd make some sense to me, I guess. But just firmly sticking it to Reunion seems like a stupid course of action.

I just find it weird since usually I wouldn't expect much of a story from this type of game anyway. Just some really basic plot. Instead they went for something that certainly has some "shades of grey" but it's just not working for me.

joined Apr 30, 2020

I mean, sure, Reunion has too many of those typical anime-style "mwhahaha I'm such evil look at the edgy rubbish I say HA HA HA" characters so you can't really sympathize with them. But their motivation in principle makes sense to me. And wishy-washy Rhodos with, sure, an admirable goal of "we want everyone to get along!" but a rather nebulous plan on how to achieve it is ... weird to me.

I feel like only Mephisto is the outright FOR THE EVULZ Reunion member.

If you fought both sides as some sort of human-infected alliance that'd be against either extreme that'd make some sense to me, I guess. But just firmly sticking it to Reunion seems like a stupid course of action.

I've always thought of Rhodes Island as the neutral middle ground between the radical Reunion and the anti-Infected state governments. And I do think the latter will prove to be the bigger bad when the Reunion arc ends. Seems to be the direction we're going too given that Reunion is merely a proxy by Ursus and Kazdel

I just find it weird since usually I wouldn't expect much of a story from this type of game anyway. Just some really basic plot. Instead they went for something that certainly has some "shades of grey" but it's just not working for me.

Oh well. Ymmv. I do like the morally gray aspect of it... nothing like leading a pharmaceutical company with the goal of curing Infected and then getting asked "How many Infected have you killed today?" The answer is at least 2000 for that weekly orundum >:D

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Actually, the originite conversion into orundum is horrendous. Rolling with originite is kinda really expensive, just buy the lvl packs(which give you mlre rolls) and skins just like everyone else says.
TL;DR: 2 skins = 1 ten roll...which will probably be a purple bag anyway Kappa.

Yeah I don't care about cosmetics unless it's essentially free or doesn't use up anything that's hard to get, so I'll either save it for orundum or if I see something that really catches my interest, I'll use it on that and resign myself to having less characters. XD

Generally there is a ymmv on the main story as it does not get "good" until chapter 5 or 6 depending on who you ask. Imo, I liked it and the general direction it's taking.

I'll stick it out then. Right now I've actually become more interested in the gameplay part of it because it does require some strategy, and I'm not automatically blowing through the first five chapters as sometimes happens in games like this.

And yeah seems Doc is just self-insert as you play as a passive audience who is just watching the stories unfold.

That's disappointing, the prologue sets up the story with the entire group rushing into dangerous territory to save the doctor, and they're never going to reveal why? Or the attachment Amiya, Ace, etc. seem to have for the Doctor? I mean they're just eagerly throwing themselves into the fire trying to protect the doctor. Would be nice to have more in-universe rationale than just "the doctor is a great strategist".

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I prefer the mute self insert over a bad MC gets a FE Fates PTSD flashback
Yeah, uh...
I like getting credit when I beat a stage in games, a simple "congrats you got gud" puts me in a dopamine trance....which says a lot about me, I suppose.

I forgot I came to post about the new ops. I like the fact I can max them out for free, I hate how much time/sanity that will take.

Indras clue skill is a lie. I got 2-7-4

last edited at May 21, 2020 9:12AM

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I prefer the mute self insert over a bad MC gets a FE Fates PTSD flashback

Mm true, it is a more neutral alternative than a bad character. Though at that rate they might as well not have the character be in the story at all, whereas here the crew talks about the doctor all the time.

Indras clue skill is a lie. I got 2-7-4

Is there an equal probability of getting any of the 7 clues? Or is there more to it than just that?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Check gamepress on base skills. supposedly Indra's e2 gives higher odds of getting clue 5. Otherwise it's completely random, its just clue 4/5 seem to drop less often.

Istina is almost done, e2 Exusiai first. Have to 2 Texas next for that sweet threesome boost.

last edited at May 23, 2020 8:31AM

joined Jul 26, 2016

I feel like only Mephisto is the outright FOR THE EVULZ Reunion member.

P much. So far their other commanders (aside from Faust, whom he's close with apparently thanks to shared history) we've seen interact with him have done so with open disgust and revulsion - or as icicle bunnyFrostnova greeted him, "I should have left you freeze to death like the psychopath you are."

The others, whatever you now think of their methods, seem to be various flavors of Well Intentioned Extremist (Patriot judging by his event convo with Hellagur, Frostnova) and/or out to avenge legitimate enough grudges (original Skullshatterer), or plain old Punch Clock Villain hired help (W and the other Sarkaz mercs). Crownslayer and Talulah are so far anyone's guess.

As far as the setting goes do keep in mind that as far as can be discerned from the assorted Operator bios etc. Ursus treatment of the Infected is from the harsest end of the scale (likely an unsubtle allusion to Imperial Russia's track record with antisemitic pogroms) - and Chernobog is suggested to have been vicious even by their standards, which is probably why it was Reunion's first target once they moved to open armed revolt. Other societies are implied to be more tolerant though the Infected are still very much pariahs - which is actually understandable if you think about it and keep in mind this world has had to live with it presumably since before the dawn of history; the disease is effectively untreatable (even RI's cutting-edge medicine can only halt its progress and alleviate symptoms), inevitably lethal untreated (see previous), the victims' corpses become virulent infection nodes themselves, and as icing on the cake side effects can include diverse dramatic, ghastly and/or dangerous physical and mental changes.

Against that background it's not really surprising even the most tolerant communities are inclined to exclude the Infected from polite society (Op bios suggest many duly make their living in or outside the margins of law); it's an only too obvious social mechanism for both isolating an inherently dangerous element and creating emotional distance to what are for all practical intents and purposes dead people walking. Which of course doesn't stop families with the means to do so from doing what they can for afflicted relatives (this being how several Ops ended up at RI in the first place) for example, and Oripathy seems to be something of an accepted occupational hazard in certain fields - including Disaster Messengers, a for fairly obvious reasons highly-respected job. It can be assumed the disease carries considerably less social and cultural stigma when associated with such inherently hazardous occupations - Blacksteel referring Franka to RI for treatment after her infection is probably a good example.

Returning to Reunion, the fundamental problem with what they are doing is twofold. First, it's basically only a matter of time until their rather aimless uprising gets crushed by the organised states of the world - IIRC the Lungmen bigshots are already finding the lack of overt military response on part of Ursus both puzzling and highly suspicious - and the only real question is how much damage they manage to do before going down, including to Infected status in the wider world.
Which brings us to the second point which is probably the big reason Rhodes is so opposed to them (leaving aside whatever convoluted X-Files business may be involved in the whole mess and Kal is keeping locked up in her desk drawers) - it automatically polarises and aggravates Infected-Uninfected tensions everywhere. States that so far have to varying degrees tolerated the Infected in their margins now have to start viewing them as potential fifth columns for revolutionary violence which can only result in unpleasantness and major uptick in mutual distrust. (Which is ofc one of the oldest tricks in the extremist playbook; remove the middle ground so "their" people have to flock to their banners for protection and lack of alternatives.) This is immediately evident ingame in the Lungmen segments and also comes up in some Op bios - a riot by Reunion supporters was the proximate cause for the rather bizarre reason Skyfire and the rest of the King's Wand research society signed up with Rhodes to fight the movement, for one standout example. On the other side of the coin Ethan used to be a Reunion activist; he presumably bailed once the movement started getting alarmingly militant.

...probably best keep him well away from Zima and the other Chernobog survivors, just to be safe. >_>

To reply you must either login or sign up.