Forum › Yuri Yuri (ELEGY SYNDROME) discussion

joined Jan 30, 2013

The first chapter was totally, ahem, inspired by a-channel... Well, I don't mind ^^

Icon
joined Jun 1, 2013

I love the MiwaXSempai pair the best <3

joined May 10, 2013

i love namori

Riko
joined Jun 13, 2013

much of cool short and nice soft cute yuri... I like it :)

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I think the third chapter is the cutest couple.

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Chapter 1 is definitely my A-channel headcanon on Tooru/Run.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Really like these :D

"you've got a nice ass as usual." bites lip

33730122%20(1)
joined May 24, 2014

The 4th chapter was the best.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

So here i am doing everything i can (holding on to what i am) pretending i'm a superman reading this again, i generally hate moe in general, but this is so cute that it transcends my cuteness phobia and becomes a ascended form of cute

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Am I the only one who'd rather see more of this from Namori than more Yuru Yuri?

joined Jan 30, 2013

I agree. Yuru Yuri kinda goes nowhere which makes sense considering how eternally young they are.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Am I the only one who'd rather see more of this from Namori than more Yuru Yuri?

Yeah, wished they got this one to animate rather than yuru yuri.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I agree. Yuru Yuri kinda goes nowhere which makes sense considering how eternally young they are.

I'm fine with the other series as far as it goes, it's a comedy and I can respect that. But the endless holding pattern with no real payoff ever is a bit much.

The eternally young bit reminds me of Usotsu Lily, a quite fun crossdressing (het) romance manga, which actually takes on "we are eternally in the same year of school" trope and makes it part of the story, many of the characters are perfectly aware they'll never age or graduate. It's an overt part of the joke, so it works.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I'm fine with the other series as far as it goes, it's a comedy and I can respect that. But the endless holding pattern with no real payoff ever is a bit much.

The eternally young bit reminds me of Usotsu Lily, a quite fun crossdressing (het) romance manga, which actually takes on "we are eternally in the same year of school" trope and makes it part of the story, many of the characters are perfectly aware they'll never age or graduate. It's an overt part of the joke, so it works.

Really? This makes it worth checking out

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Haven't read it for a while, in fact I only remembered it just now. But it's a lot of fun, about a girl who falls for this really high level guy, to find out the next day that he hates men so much that he can't stand to even see one in the mirror (he's broken several by punching them), so he dresses in female clothes. It's a good romantic comedy, as hetstuff goes.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Haven't read it for a while, in fact I only remembered it just now. But it's a lot of fun, about a girl who falls for this really high level guy, to find out the next day that he hates men so much that he can't stand to even see one in the mirror (he's broken several by punching them), so he dresses in female clothes. It's a good romantic comedy, as hetstuff goes.

Doesn't it have a lesbian side couple also? I haven't read it in a while either.

Pretty certain it does, but I can't remember for sure. It was well drawn as a shoujo series goes.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Doesn't it have a lesbian side couple also? I haven't read it in a while either.

Pretty certain it does, but I can't remember for sure. It was well drawn as a shoujo series goes.

Yes. They receive some nice development, and are a little bit of a focus in some of the middle volumes. There was also a special(!!) about them in one of the summer issues of whichever Shoujo magazine it's in, about same-sex marriage.

If it wasn't so long, I'd probably re-read (and catch up), and possibly upload it. But it's just so hard to justify setting aside that kind of time...

last edited at Oct 23, 2014 9:41PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yes. They receive some nice development, and are a little bit of a focus in some of the middle volumes. There was also a special(!!) about them in one of the summer issues of whichever Shoujo magazine it's in, about same-sex marriage.

If it wasn't so long, I'd probably re-read (and catch up), and possibly upload it. But it's just so hard to justify setting aside that kind of time...

Any idea where I could download it from? I originally read (most of) it at the accursed Mangafox and I don't really want to go back there. Besides, I'd like to put it on my tablet.

last edited at Oct 23, 2014 10:31PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

You can get it from the scanlator's website if you want to download. Or read it on Batoto. The little special is "Sisters Lily" and was released on October 16th.

AFAIK, there aren't any more convenient places to download a full volume, like MangaTraders was in the past.

last edited at Oct 23, 2014 10:20PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You can get it from the scanlator's website if you want to download. Or read it on Batoto. The little special is "Sisters Lily" and was released on October 16th.

AFAIK, there aren't any more convenient places to download a full volume, like MangaTraders was in the past.

I'll probably download it, so i'll have a copy of my own. Thanks!

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Does anyone know who was the artist of Elegy Syndrome who drew this:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_yuri_elegy_syndrome_ch05#33

I'd love to see more from them

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Does anyone know who was the artist of Elegy Syndrome who drew this:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_yuri_elegy_syndrome_ch05#33

I'd love to see more from them

Okay, I looked over all the artists listed on this page:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuri_yuri_elegy_syndrome_ch05#34

And concluded that the artist who drew the image I posted about previously is Vivit Gray, also known as Shinoasa
I looked up their webpage and although most pics I foundwere all cutesy touhou doujins, the faces and the ears were most similar, so I have concluded that Vivit Gray is the artist I was looking for, if anyone else wanted to know

Okay I just scrolled through more pages and I found a drawing of the blonde, fuck yeah im really happy
http://vivit-gray.jugem.jp/?page=6

I really wanna know the story behind these two:
http://vivit-gray.jugem.jp/?page=11 (scroll down a little)

last edited at Aug 17, 2015 8:39AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Keeping in mind that we have a pile of Vivit Gray's doujin work right here on the reader that you might want to check out.

http://dynasty-scans.com/authors/vivit_gray

joined Jun 12, 2015

Yep. It's still better than Yuru Yuri.

To reply you must either login or sign up.