Forum › Suggestions for Improvement V2 + FAQ

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

This link was posted in the comments for Cuddle Me More: http://gleichan.blog138.fc2.com/blog-entry-47.html

Upshot is that Blue Muffin is upset that people are scanning their stuff and posting online, so I believe it falls to the mods to take those releases down per the author's wishes.

Not making any commentary on whether their reasoning is right or not, their wishes are the important part.

What a thing to wake up to. Thanks, removed and all that.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Finally figuring out these admin tools, and belatedly listed My Admired Beloved as the first chapter of a series in addition to being in the anthology. Which is fine, but the comments' thread is still chapter specific. Is there a way those could be merged over to the series?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Oops (could've sworn I posted something about this already...).

Unfortunately, when a chapter is made part of a series, the original discussion no longer applies (since all series' discussion is one topic, and each anthology chapter gets its own). In this case, the original topic points to My Admired Beloved, but My Admired Beloved, now part of the My Beloved series, points to the My Beloved discussion [which doesn't exist yet]. As far as I recall, there is no easy fix for this.
However...Since it is presently just the one chapter, that may not be the case. I'll go ahead and message omnscient0 about it, and I'll let you know if we come up with anything.

For now, I've manually screwed with things a bit to keep the topic and chapter pointing to each other. If we can't fix it, then we can decide how to handle that chapter afterwards. Hopefully I was okay in doing that.

Lastly, if you need any help getting familiarized with anything, the Moderator tab has topics on some stuff, or you can always ping me or drpepperfan on IRC.

last edited at Sep 25, 2014 2:08PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

omnscient0, being the awesome and wonderful person he is, has fixed it! It's not a feature built into the site, but if it comes up again, he can work his magic again.

last edited at Sep 25, 2014 2:14PM

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

omnscient0, being the awesome and wonderful person he is, has fixed it! It's not a feature built into the site, but if it comes up again, he can work his magic again.

Awesome, thanks! I'll keep in mind the existence of an IRC channel in the future, too...

joined Nov 11, 2010

New chapter of Tomodachi Login seems to have been overlooked? In the same release post as Murcielago 12, here: http://cxcscans.com/?p=47

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

New chapter of Tomodachi Login seems to have been overlooked? In the same release post as Murcielago 12, here: http://cxcscans.com/?p=47

Completely forgot about that series, forgot we uploaded it/I read it. o3o Uploaded.

New%20pic2
joined Jul 6, 2012

Only a small thing but it would be nice to be able to browse images with just one click without having to go back to the image page/favourites page and then clicking on the next one

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ It would also be nice if everyone could upload to the image gallery but since most people wouldn't ask permission to the authors even if they just saved it from deviantart it can get chaotic, maybe a little restricted function could work.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

^ It would also be nice if everyone could upload to the image gallery

The eventual idea is to allow everyone to upload in a limited capacity.
Users (or whoever) will upload images to the board that will go to a moderator-only section(?), and uploaders will review images (filtering out stuff we don't want, fixing tags and sources, etc.) before officially adding them to the site. "Eventual" is the key word though, not 100% sure how it will actually work in action.

last edited at Oct 5, 2014 12:09AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I'm not too worried about how well it would work I mean as long as all the rules show up when the option is clicked, maybe add an annoying confirm button that shows up 3 times, around 10 image limit per week and other things like that so you guys don't have to deal with so much stuff. I'm confident that having a lot of rules will keep trolls/spam to a minimum.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Just going to bring your attention to User1's comment here. I don't think I need to explain the problem, should be clear.

http://dynasty-scans.com/images/2554

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

So...

How to search for non-doujin works? Excluding every single doujin is really bad solution...

How to search for works that are not part of any series? Anthology: Oneshots doesn't include one-shots that are part of other anthologies. Or standalone doujins.

How to search for Chapter that is not part of any Series, but is a part of any Anthology?

last edited at Oct 10, 2014 8:49AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Seems that "Tit for Tat" thinks that tossing about ableist (specifically autism) slurs is just a grand idea here:

http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/5500-in-the-rain-and-cold-discussion?page=4#forum_post_58111

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Seems that "Tit for Tat" thinks that tossing about ableist (specifically autism) slurs is just a grand idea here:

http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/5500-in-the-rain-and-cold-discussion?page=4#forum_post_58111

It was Data Score who said it, but yeah, I deleted that sorry mess.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It was Data Score who said it, but yeah, I deleted that sorry mess.

Oh, my mistake. Thanks for deleting my earlier comment, I was going to do that and you saved me the trouble.

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

^ It would also be nice if everyone could upload to the image gallery

The eventual idea is to allow everyone to upload in a limited capacity.
Users (or whoever) will upload images to the board that will go to a moderator-only section(?), and uploaders will review images (filtering out stuff we don't want, fixing tags and sources, etc.) before officially adding them to the site. "Eventual" is the key word though, not 100% sure how it will actually work in action.

How about we have two sections for images: the uploaded pics (the one we currently have) and a 'pending' section. The Pending section will show all the images uploaded by users which cannot be found in the images section at the moment, and to decide whether it'll be part of the images section, there will be two options below the pic: a thumbs up and a thumbs down (not the most original idea, but I think it'll do) and if it gets ten thumbs up (ten is just an example, the admins should decide how many they think is logical), then it'll be moved to the images section from the pending section. If ten thumbs down, then it's deleted.

To make sure that the pending section is not flooded, each image uploaded should only have a three day lifespan. After three days, if it doesn't reach ten votes for either option, it should be automatically deleted from the pending section.

Edit: the voters could be just the mods or the mods and the users. .

last edited at Oct 11, 2014 3:28AM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I was thinking, how about an option that let you view what discussions you are taking part in.

I say this cause I started a general discussion and now I can't find it too see if anyone responded. I would like to have a little area in the profile menu or somewhere where you can see which discussions you have started/taken part in and from there you can click on the link and it will take you to that discussion.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

There's "28 posts" link under your name on the right.
But it probably would be a good idea to add same link to profile page

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

There's "28 posts" link under your name on the right.
But it probably would be a good idea to add same link to profile page

I didn't notice that before...

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

New chapters of 14-sai no Koi are out that haven't been uploaded here. Is it one of those situations where the scan group has set a cool-down period after release before the chapters can be uploaded elsewhere?

Nah, PROzess doesn't care about that kind of stuff. I just missed them because I've been away for most of the last month. If it happens in the future, you're welcome to just put in a little upload request for whatever is missing (delayed groups are shown on that page as well).

joined May 24, 2014

Hey whatever happened to the chatroom option in the site? All of a sudden it was gone, just like that

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Hey whatever happened to the chatroom option in the site? All of a sudden it was gone, just like that

chat room? there was one of them thar thingies on here? or do you mean the irc link?

joined May 24, 2014

chat room? there was one of them thar thingies on here? or do you mean the irc link?

Yeah I meant the irc link, it's nowhere to be seen now

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yeah I meant the irc link, it's nowhere to be seen now

The little horn thing, that's irc.

To reply you must either login or sign up.