Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Both sides here are ideologically fueled. One is an anarchist, the other is a right wing conservative. If neither cared about politics that much this wouldn't matter, but clearly that's not the case. Ultimately if political activity is a defining trait of the partners, political alignment can be a good reason to end a relationship.

Of course, the way she acted according to BV's words is inexcusable. And if it took 4 years to come to this conclusion it sounds far more like she was talked into it recently. I'll withhold any uninformed theories though.

Either way, my condolences. Only the future knows how this will work out BV.

last edited at Jan 5, 2020 6:06AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Sharing this here for posterity, etc.: https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/16307-yuri-kabe

But whatever, as long as I have my family, relatives, friends and the communities both here and on the CBR subreddit, I will be able to slowly move on.

It takes time, but you'll get there.

My only political concern rn is what OrangeMan did 2 days ago. We gon die...at least the memes keep coming. it will probably NOT escalate into a proper WW btw I hope

I thought you meant me for a second there...OrangeMan...lol. Don't worry, there will not be a world war over Iran. Be safe, tho!

last edited at Jan 5, 2020 11:49PM

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

I'm writing from the future. 2020 is not worth it guys, you should skip it.

It's only 6 days into 2020, and I have a sneaking suspicion that maybe Nevri is right

last edited at Jan 6, 2020 1:54AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I'm writing from the future. 2020 is not worth it guys, you should skip it.

It's only 6 days into 2020, and I have a sneaking suspicion that maybe Nevri is right

What with a direct war between the US and Iran being a stark possibility and a meteoroid that, if it comes at the right (or, depending on how you define it, wrong) time could blow up in Earth's atmosphere, AND climate change becoming so pressing of an issue over that Non-Compete yesterday made a video calling for revolutionary, rather than reformist, action against it... It ain't impossible. Yet these six days also featured the penultimate video of the History of Famana by the Sunset Productions, so it still remains to be seen.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Eh still not as bad as 2019, the universe fecked me pretty hard last year.

I thought you meant me for a second there...OrangeMan...lol. Don't worry, there will not be a world war over Iran. Be safe, tho!

I wrote it like that intentionally when I saw your comment~ sorry XD

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

People keep saying 2019 was really bad, but I don't really see how. People keep saying that every year though, so I'm not too surprised.

Negative events often leave a bigger lasting impression than positive ones. Simultaneously our faulty memory becomes nostalgic of anything going more than 10 years back or specifically to our childhood, so we tend to fall into the "Everything was better in the past" pit.

Personally, my 2019 was just fine. I hope 2020 will be better than what these first few days indicate haha...

joined Oct 22, 2018

Merry Christmas!
Falls asleep after wasting time making a High Quality Christmas meme only to accidentally delete it and being forced to make a shitty one along similar lines in a rush

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

@BugDevil
I'm not just meming about 2019 or even 2018 for that matter. There's a reason why I'm not as active here as I was in '17.
I've been vague because I don't really want to open up about it.

Sorry for killing the chat with that. I won't delete it because it be weird. I feel a bit better today if anyone is curious.

last edited at Jan 10, 2020 4:24AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I don't really want to. I said all I wanted to say already and topic is over for me.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Well, I welcomed 2020 with a present from a friend - a self help book... I hesitate between being worried and being thankful ..... xD”

Anyway, I think it’s more important how the year will end for us, hopefully on a positive note ... meow

joined Oct 22, 2018

hopefully on a positive note

I don't know why, but when envisioning a positive note, I just imagined a bunch of leftist YouTube channels collectively known as BreadTube saying "The revolution has begun!".

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

... f*ck politics... the revolution will begin when the meteorite hits the earth...

joined Oct 22, 2018

... f*ck politics... the revolution will begin when the meteorite hits the earth...

Aaaannnnd... Now!... I thought of Crab Rave, beginning with something along the lines of "Humans are gone!". Which would be a shame if it happened by year's end, we didn't even get to construct non-experimental fusion reactors nor non-experimental skyhooks, let alone Moon and Mars bases and doing whatever we should to achieve type 1 civilization. Bummer!

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Sorry for killing the chat with that. I won't delete it because it be weird. I feel a bit better today if anyone is curious.

You didn't kill the chat, people have shared way worse in here before. Glad to hear you're doing a bit better. Hang in there, Rye!

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

I second what OP said. Plus, this place was created with the idea of sharing whatever occupies one's mind so everyone has always been welcome here. It used to be quite busier around here, but regardless, the core idea remains. Perhaps life didn't treat you fair but you've made it this far so I'm positive you can go through it! Too bad no nice song comes to mind..

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Thanks, I'm not used to sharing this kind of things.
Things happened and years of ignoring my own mental health hit me really hard. The constant migraines don't help either. I miss my dogs, they were my best emotional support.

Alright positive, positive! Uh...
I got some new games. Uh...
I got a new mattress and it's very comfy.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Too bad no nice song comes to mind..

I dunno if it's nice, but a Lithuanian war song (dating back to at least the 17th century, probably earlier) has been on my mind for days now: Oi, šermukšnio!

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

BV
I don’t know either, but I like how melodic the song is, it brings energy with it.
Thank you.

Rye
I’m not used to sharing either, but from time to time I do it here.
A comfy mattress isn’t a bad start at all ^^ you don’t want some back pain added to your headache .. from experience, make sure your pillow is on par with it the mattress...

I miss my cats so I adopted 3 goldfish... it’s not quite the same, but at least they didn’t end up in the toilet ..

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Rye
I’m not used to sharing either, but from time to time I do it here.
A comfy mattress isn’t a bad start at all ^^ you don’t want some back pain added to your headache .. from experience, make sure your pillow is on par with it the mattress...

I miss my cats so I adopted 3 goldfish... it’s not quite the same, but at least they didn’t end up in the toilet ..

Eh...my pillows are the "ol' reliable" type and I don't feel like changing all 8 of them yet.

As for pets, well....I can't hug a fish. Both me and my mum suffered a lot from their loss. It was one after the other. We do feed a cat that shows up every once in a while, he's kind of a dick tho lol, he's a no touching! type.

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Just saw Weathering With You. It was really good

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Yesterday I went to the movies and saw Djumanji. It made me laugh a lot so it definitely was worth the time.

Rye
8 pillows .. lol
I’m sorry for your loss, I know what it feels like. Why don’t you try having another dog? It’s nice of you to feed stray animals but cats can indeed be unreliable.

joined Oct 22, 2018

It’s nice of you to feed stray animals but cats can indeed be unreliable.

Unless the cat in question is my cousin's cousin's orange and white chonky boi Mišo. That slightly overweight and pretty hairy tom cat is by far the calmest and most domesticated cat I've yet seen.

(And, no, I didn't accidentally write "cousin's" twice. I really meant that the cat in question is the pet of a cousin of my cousins, that I have no direct familial ties or recent common ancestry with.)

last edited at Jan 16, 2020 4:34PM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

white chonky boi Miško

Does Misko mean 'mouse' in Serbe? xD

last edited at Jan 16, 2020 3:14PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

white chonky boi Miško

Does Misko mean 'mouse' in Serbe? xD

Well, I have several points to make now:
1. "Miško" was a typo, I meant to say "Mišo"
2. The Serbocroatobosniomontenegrin word for "mouse" is "miš"
3. His owner (possibly uniquely among all of us) calls him "Mišolov", which roughly translates as something along the lines of "mousetrap", "mouse hunter" or "mouse hunt", tho I myself can barely imagine that chonky boi ever having as much as encountered a mouse.
4. Only tangentially related: When, the day before yesterday, he escaped from Medo (one of my cousins' dogs) into a forest behind my aunt's backyard, and after Medo left to lie down in the frontyard, before returning, Mišo for some effing reason started digging amongst the leaves, as if he was trying to find some sort of escaping prey or something.

last edited at Jan 16, 2020 4:35PM

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

We're back baby. Reader back up.

To reply you must either login or sign up.