Forum › The Next Big Yuri?

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Hey now, don't undervalue Subtext... Series like Puella Magi Madoka Magica are what get people into yuri more often than not.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

SuperText posted:

Hey now, don't undervalue Subtext... Series like Puella Magi Madoka Magica are what get people into yuri more often than not.

Madoka isn't really subtext though.

last edited at Dec 1, 2019 5:29PM

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019

Madoka isn't really subtext though.

Heh, fair enough.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

If hanigare ever gets past the arc it’s in now and becomes a romance that would for sure be the top yuri.

Honestly, not even counting the whole "it's not a yuri" tweet, I think Nettaigyo totally killed its momentum with the recent chapters. I don't think I've ever read a less enjoyable angst fest.

I dissagree witht the "less enjoyable angst fest" and honestly I still consider it one of my favorite current mangas, but I do have to agree that the really good momentum it had going on in the early chapters got lost thanks to the structure of the last chapters (many chapters with only one of the two main characters and lack of interactions) as well as the handful of breaks it took.

That being said I still enjoy it a lot, and hope it gets an anime at ome point~ will try to get the Viz release when possible as well.

Edit: I just remember but didn't Hanigare made it to third place in a Yuri poll just behind Yagate and Citrus? Dang I wonder if it could still get that high of a place nowadays.

last edited at Dec 2, 2019 2:24PM

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Other than that, I hope AdaShima, Whispering a Love Song and Demon Girl get lots and lots more attention in the future

last edited at Dec 2, 2019 2:20PM

joined Mar 11, 2016

Could be Tsurezure Biyori! Saw its cameo in 2,3 animes already. It ended fairly early tho. May be axed? Wanted to know what happened with the adults and the other pair. Sigh

If Blooming Sequence gets adaptation you guys will forget everything else imo - yes it is that good!

What happened to Comic Girls, Kiniro Mosaic etc?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Could be Tsurezure Biyori! Saw its cameo in 2,3 animes already.

I'm genuisly curious where.

It ended fairly early tho. May be axed?

More like the author don't have anymore idea and decide to cut it short.

If Blooming Sequence gets adaptation you guys will forget everything else imo - yes it is that good!

As much as i remember it, it's not that mindblowing. Yeah it's a good manhwa but nothing big.

What happened to Comic Girls, Kiniro Mosaic etc?

Idk about Comic Girls but iirc Kiniro Mosaic is ending soon.

joined Mar 11, 2016

I'm genuisly curious where.

Don't know if you can call it cameo or not but saw this poster in other animes as well.

More like the author don't have anymore idea and decide to cut it short.

I don't think so.

As much as i remember it, it's not that mindblowing. Yeah it's a good manhwa but nothing big.

In my opinion I said! You cannot disagree.

Idk about Comic Girls but iirc Kiniro Mosaic is ending soon.

What became of AyaYouko ship?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Don't know if you can call it cameo or not but saw this poster in other animes as well.

Probably because the manga was published by the same publisher.

What became of AyaYouko ship?

I don't really know where i can found the raws to begin with and honestly i don't think it wil go further than being friends.

I don't think so.

I mean it was more or less that.

Edit: I just remember but didn't Hanigare made it to third place in a Yuri poll just behind Yagate and Citrus? Dang I wonder if it could still get that high of a place nowadays.

You talking about that https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/15832-yuri-navi-s-best-yuri-series-as-voted-by-its-readers ?

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019
46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

You talking about that https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/15832-yuri-navi-s-best-yuri-series-as-voted-by-its-readers ?

yes that's the one I meant, thanks.

If you take the results and more precisly the votes in count then you see that not a log of Yuri had quite the impact Yagate had. Yagate won and by a large amount 1800 votes as first against 500 for Citrus as Second. Maybe another of the Top10 can be big in the near future but i don't think it will be as big as Yagate.

joined Oct 5, 2016

Adachi and Shimamura has a good chance thanks to the upcoming anime, I guess.

I'm kinda nervous about what direction the anime will go in.

Like if it's a bit more realistic and psychological it could be really good. There's a really nice like slow-burn romance there with both girls enjoying each others company and gradually figuring out why they're so into each other. And the author really is good at writing them flirting-without-quite-realizing-they're-flirting, make the most out of that stuff.

OTOH it could go very cute-girls-doing-cute-things, never really deal with just how gay they are, and be content with basically being a gals-being-pals sort of stereotypical yuri. And that would really suck.

To reply you must either login or sign up.