Forum › Slow Start discussion

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Bold to you to think fans give Kamu any chance with Eiko. Everyone think Kamu is just Eiko's pet when she might be more serious than Sensei in loving Eiko but hey it's more fun to think Eiko has a chance with someone who constantly scold/reject her,.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, even Sensei noticed that Eiko's life revolves around Kamu. ;)

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

And yet peoples will told you that she is only Eiko's pet and have no real romantics interest whatsoever. Meanwhile Sensei who is just rejecting, scolding Eiko and find her annoying seem to have romantics interests. I'm sorry but i can't find any appeal of the Eiko x Sensei ship.

joined Jul 26, 2016

And yet peoples will told you that she is only Eiko's pet and have no real romantics interest whatsoever. Meanwhile Sensei who is just rejecting, scolding Eiko and find her annoying seem to have romantics interests. I'm sorry but i can't find any appeal of the Eiko x Sensei ship.

Aside from the detail that Eiko quite enjoys that tsundere treatment do keep in mind that Enami-sensei has a certain professional (nevermind legal) obligation to try and stay aloof of her student's rather blatant flirting - difficult as it is proving to be.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

do keep in mind that Enami-sensei has a certain professional (nevermind legal) obligation to try and stay aloof of her student's rather blatant flirting - difficult as it is proving to be.

If she really had any feelings, she should have already told Eiko to wait after graduation but she didn't. I will always see that as a one sided crush as for me,nothing prove any feeling from Sensei's side. For me she just sometime play along because Eiko is so insistent that she can't ignore it all the time.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Everyone think Kamu is just Eiko's pet

Don't be silly. Eiko is Kamu's pet. :P

Kamu has even said she has no problem with her dog straying so long as it's back in her yard in the morning, or something similar.

Regardless, Eiko is clearly much more interested in Sensei in a romantic sense, yet still chooses to revolve her life around Kamu. Obviously, once the two students graduate, the three of them will have to more actively decide how their relationship shall work.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I think it's the first time i haven't been call off for not liking this ship.

joined Jul 26, 2016

If she really had any feelings, she should have already told Eiko to wait after graduation but she didn't.

Probably because she's responding to Eiko's persistence way more than she strictly speaking should or is willing to admit. Sensei's basically trying to be a far more responsible and morally upright adult (nevermind now educator) here than she actually is and duly struggling, and Eiko is well aware of it.

On a whole different note I find the way Kamu, completely deadpan, casually joins Tama in messing with Eiko endlessly amusing.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Hasn't she be always strict regardless of who ?

joined Jul 26, 2016

Your point?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Your point?

That she is always that strict and don't try to do more than she is.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Your point?

That she is always that strict and don't try to do more than she is.

Yeah well the thing is she's a lot less strict with Eiko than she probably should be and certainly far less so than she could. If anything she's letting the girl get away with a fair amount of stuff that could potentially land herself in quite some hot water were it to become more public knowledge without raising more than decidedly half-hearted objections...

It would be downright trivial for her to simply stonewall her young admirer if she only found her a bother - but that's not what she does at all.

last edited at Oct 5, 2019 5:24PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Dunno,she seem to be strict enough towards Eiko to me.To my opinion, she had cut some slacks because of Eiko's persistence and the fact that she know Eiko won't stop that easily.So she play with it some time but i still think she don't had any feelings.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Well she sure as shit ain't treating her as just another student nevermind now a pest at that.

Methinks you're too caught up in her baseline curt and blunt manner to notice how many exceptions she's making regarding Eiko and her advances.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I rather think that is because i don't like this ship

joined Jul 26, 2016

I rather think that is because i don't like this ship

Yeah well digging foxholes like that doesn't make for fertile grounds for a discussion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I already know the discussion won't be fertile when it come to this ship. I'm biased by my hate boner. I'm okay with being called an idioton that one.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Since we're apparently debating ships now, I'm going to add my two cents no one asked for.

Eiko and Kamu are cute, sure. I can see why people like them. They're also typical Kirara fare–chaste, harmless and 100% never going anywhere. At least that's the feeling I get from them, feel free to disagree. People who have read enough Kirara series know what to expect from them yuri-wise: one-sided crushes, occasionally more serious subtext that gets played for laughs or forgotten, but with the odd exception like Sakura Trick or shorter manga, Kirara yuri rarely becomes canon.

Once in a while though, a series comes along that does things differently, and I like monitoring them. Slow Start is one of those. Eiko and Enami's relationship is wildly inappropriate and obviously Enami's behavior can be off-putting, but when you look at where they started there is a clear sense of progress. The first-name basis (when they're alone), the teasing, the touching. For once I get the impression that it's actually going somewhere. I don't feel like I'm being treated like some thirsty yuri-obsessed fan who will be happy with scraps and fanservice.

Now I'm not expecting them to actually get together. But I'll be legitimately surprised (and disappointed) if they don't get a scene before the end where they have a serious and honest discussion about their relationship. It's come to the point where I think it's something we can reasonably hope for. I believe that at some point, a long-running Kirara series will have its obvious subtext turn into actual romance. I just don't know which one it will be. Slow Start has surprised me before, so who knows?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The only thing where Slow Start surprised me is how little the original set-up matter right now. I mean, sometime we need to remember that Hana is suposs to be a Ronin and hide it because she thought everybody gonna hate her for that and right now if nobody told you she is suposs to be one year older, you barely notice it. I don't said it should be treated in each chapter but at least be treated at all,now it seem even Hana doesn't care anymore. One day Hana will said it while laughing and everyobody will be like "OK and ?". If you put a set up, try at least to keep it lke it matter a bit, not use it at a random gag every 10 chapters.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Kamu is Eiko's daughter and in this chapter they were separated too long, hugging air Kamu is almost sad.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Kamu is Eiko's daughter and in this chapter they were separated too long, hugging air Kamu is almost sad.

Feel like the opposite in the end. Also i can relate to the president as i have also bad memory when itcame to names.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Eiko was having serious Kamu withdrawals... :D

Meanwhile Kamu was quite eager to strip Eiko.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

Aww. Air-Kamu. Eiko going through withdrawals feels so sad.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Every now and then I begin to suspect Miki is running some kind of extended private deadpan joke on everybody.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Every now and then I begin to suspect Miki is running some kind of extended private deadpan joke on everybody.

I shall learn from this.

To reply you must either login or sign up.