Forum › I'll Cheer On My Yuri Onee-chan discussion

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

I hope little bro can find himself a nice boyfriend by the end of the series.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

As if the fact that my place ran out of water wasn't bad enough, my blood sugar levels are rising because of this chapter. Help!

Flowers-le-volume-sur-ete-screenshot
joined Nov 22, 2018

The point being that the title could well accurately describe the contents of the story without necessarily literally describing the relevant character's awareness of his role in it - at least initially.

Then the title would be in third person if thats the case, but its on first so the author's intention should be pretty obvious, he wants the reader to know that it's a manga about a person cheering on her sister fully knowing that the sister is into yuri.

Ch 3 predictions Alright, time to buy a double ended dildo for my onee chan! that should speed things up lo/

I have no idea how you ended up writing this disgusting comment about a grade schooler buying sex toys but ok.

last edited at Jun 17, 2019 12:33AM

joined Apr 6, 2013

Hello, I'm Wilford Brimley, and I'd like to talk to you about managing your diabeetus.

I'm fine, I read on the internet you just need to add to big scoops of sugar to everything you eat

joined Jul 26, 2016

The point being that the title could well accurately describe the contents of the story without necessarily literally describing the relevant character's awareness of his role in it - at least initially.

Then the title would be in third person if thats the case, but its on first so the author's intention should be pretty obvious, he wants the reader to know that it's a manga about a person cheering on her sister fully knowing that the sister is into yuri.

You do realise you pulled that rule out of your hat right. The title can be whatever the Hell the author, editor and/or publisher think good and however abstract they want.

To illustrate the point invoking the herein oft-mentioned but sadly unhosted It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular should be enough as the title is patently false on multiple counts and for reasons that change over the course of the story...

last edited at Jun 17, 2019 12:37AM

joined Mar 29, 2019

More please, and hoping for gae development xD

joined Nov 22, 2018

You do realise you pulled that rule out of your hat right. The title can be whatever the Hell the author, editor and/or publisher think good and however abstract they want.

They choose a title base on what they wanted to imply, theres a lot of LN/WN that has the same title structure, its a famous structure since it's a really straightforward way to describe your work, you can take it as face value. The title here literally means and implies that the brother knows her sister is into yuri so i will take that as a fact.

To illustrate the point invoking the herein oft-mentioned but sadly unhosted It's Not My Fault I'm Not Popular should be enough as the title is patently false on multiple counts and for reasons that change over the course of the story...

But thats the point of that manga, the protagonist denies that it's not her fault that she's not famous even though it clearly is. The author wants to imply that the protagonist is in denial about her unpopular personality.

last edited at Jun 17, 2019 1:06AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

They choose a title base on what they wanted to imply, theres a lot of LN/WN that has the same title structure, its a famous structure since it's a really straightforward way to describe your work, you can take it as face value. The title here literally means and implies that the brother knows her sister is into yuri so i will take that as a fact.

Well... there are some titles that have nothing to do with the work... and there are others that describe their work waaaay too accurately... That's the kind of thing I learned from the only 2 Gigguk videos I watched.

But thats the point of that manga, the protagonist denies that it's not her fault that she's not famous even though it clearly is. The author wants to imply that the protagonist is in denial about her unpopular personality.

From what I understood from the fanarts and comments to them, the protagonist (I think her name is Tomoko? Correct me if I'm wrong) isn't at all popular with the boys at her school, but is very popular with the girls. I remember one commenter to one of those fanarts half-jokingly saying that the manga should be renamed "It's not my fault I'm a chick magnet!"

joined Jan 11, 2019

That boy is less a wingman and more a Suppression of Enemy Air Defense mission

joined Oct 22, 2018

That boy is less a wingman and more a Suppression of Enemy Air Defense mission

The CAS Aircraft one or the on-land sabotage one?

joined Jul 26, 2016

It certainly can mean, and be read as, that. But it is under no obligation whatsoever to actually mean it at least in such straightforward sense.

Early in the story it is indeed abundantly obvious that it to a very large degree is Tomoko's fault she has no friends, as she only too readily acts weird, creepy or plain jerkish - though in spite of the denialist tone of the title she's actually fairly sardonically self-aware about it. This gradually flips the other way as she grows as a person and develops a growing circle of genuine friends (of whom at least three or four seem to have varying degrees of interest in her beyond that, IYKWIM, whence all the "harem" jokes and shipping around the manga) and more distant pals; point being that in all stages the title of the story is A) an ironic and blatant lie B) reflective of themes of the story, mainly the MC's early jerkass tendencies. (The latter never entirely disappear, mind, but start being balanced out by genuine efforts to try and be a decent damn person.)

joined Nov 22, 2018

Well... there are some titles that have nothing to do with the work... and there are others that describe their work waaaay too accurately... That's the kind of thing I learned from the only 2

And it should be pretty obvious that this manga's title is literally the premise of the story.

From what I understood from the fanarts and comments to them, the protagonist (I think her name is Tomoko? Correct me if I'm wrong) isn't at all popular with the boys at her school, but is very popular with the girls. I remember one commenter to one of those fanarts half-jokingly saying that the manga should be renamed "It's not my fault I'm a chick magnet!"

I only watched the anime and she sure as hell aint famous with anyone. I heard it started becoming a yuri manga in the later chapters though.

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

MY HEART CAN'T TAKE HOW CUTE THIS LITTLE BOYO IS I THINK I'M GONNA DIE

Images
joined Apr 13, 2018

I hope little bro can find himself a nice boyfriend by the end of the series.

Indeed

joined Nov 22, 2018

It certainly can mean, and be read as, that. But it is under no obligation whatsoever to actually mean it at least in such straightforward sense.

It can only mean as that, theres literally no other reason why would the author implies that the brother knows her sister is a yuri with that title. Its a first person pov title where the protagonist himself describes the premise of the story which means it will never be false unless it was shown that the protagonist is a liar (or unless the author wanted to mess up with the readers and started making it as a het series or incest) and your other example,while it has a fp pov title, is about the protagonist's personality which could change depending on the development, both are not comparable.

last edited at Jun 17, 2019 2:01AM

joined Mar 3, 2017

Aw, bless~. Such a good little bro.

last edited at Jun 17, 2019 2:27AM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Mio may be unaware of what Saki means by "like" for now, but I feel like he'll at least understand it before Shizuku herself finds out, lol. Maybe he'll still have to help her out a bit more even after Saki and Shizuku get together.

joined Dec 18, 2018

It can only mean as that, theres literally no other reason why would the author implies that the brother knows her sister is a yuri with that title. Its a first person pov title where the protagonist himself describes the premise of the story which means it will never be false unless it was shown that the protagonist is a liar (or unless the author wanted to mess up with the readers and started making it as a het series or incest) and your other example,while it has a fp pov title, is about the protagonist's personality which could change depending on the development, both are not comparable.

Have you considered the fact that the title might reference a point of time ahead of the current point in the story.

Honestly it's pretty clear that up until this chapter the little brother didn't consider the two girls as potentially being romantically involved, but rather just wanted to help his sister make a friend.

joined Nov 22, 2018

Have you considered the fact that the title might reference a point of time ahead of the current point in the story.

So the chapter 3, because thats literally what we are talking about. The title implies that the brother knows her sister's a yuri and chapter 3 shows that with the scene where the brother ask if saki likes her sister, and the fact that he can asked that question so casually in the first place means he's not a stranger when it comes to girls liking other girls. He was even wondering why saki wants to keep it a secret when it was so obvious that her sister also feels the same way(im honestly wondering too).

joined Oct 10, 2016

I have a weird feeling that now that dark haired want the little brother.

I'm weird.

Overall I don't even remember if girls have something in common.

joined Oct 22, 2018

^^ I don't remember the chapter being chapter 3. I think this one is numbered 2.5?

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

So the chapter 3, because thats literally what we are talking about. The title implies that the brother knows her sister's a yuri and chapter 3 shows that with the scene where the brother ask if saki likes her sister, and the fact that he can asked that question so casually in the first place means he's not a stranger when it comes to girls liking other girls. He was even wondering why saki wants to keep it a secret when it was so obvious that her sister also feels the same way(im honestly wondering too).

No, I'm almost certain he was asking if Saki liked Shizuku in a friendly way. In the raws, Saki asks Mio to keep it a secret, but she says it in a way where she's treating Mio like a child (which... he most definitely is, lol). On the next page where Mio is asking, "Shh...?", it's actually showing that he isn't clear on why it needs to be kept a secret from Shizuku at all. This isn't an interpretation from the English translations, but rather how it comes off to me in the raws themselves. Plus, this kind of misunderstanding is a very common trope in romance manga. Also, the official Pixiv description for this series says something about how everybody's different definitions of "love" will slowly come to light, which, to me, makes it clear that Mio, Shizuku and Saki have different ideas of it for now.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I’m sorry if any of that comes off as standoffish. I know it’s more likely that you haven’t seen the official description for the series or the raws, so I’m just trying to be informative!

Off topic from this argument, but the next chapter release (raw) is slated for June 28th.

last edited at Jun 17, 2019 4:07AM

joined Nov 22, 2018

No, I'm almost certain he was asking if Saki liked Shizuku in a friendly way.

If this is true then i stand corrected but can you ellaborate why you think that's the case. Personally i have no idea why he would need to ask Saki if she likes her sister in a friendly way when the answer is already so obvious especially for him since he was literally observing them all day.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I’m sorry if any of that comes off as standoffish. I know it’s more likely that you haven’t seen the official description for the series or the raws, so I’m just trying to be informative!

Not at all, thanks for the info!

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

No, I'm almost certain he was asking if Saki liked Shizuku in a friendly way.

If this is true then i stand corrected but can you ellaborate why you think that's the case. Personally i have no idea why he would need to ask Saki if she likes her sister in a friendly way when the answer is already so obvious especially for him since he was literally observing them all day.

Not at all, thanks for the info!

Most of my reasoning comes from the official description, but other than that, I believe that Mio’s goal right now is to get Saki to like Shizuku (platonically), since Shizuku’s never had a friend before apparently. Mio knows Shizuku is completely foreign to the idea of friendship - there’s almost no way he’s going to think about love. Both of them were also extremely worried about the amusement park date going well, so Mio asking Saki about whether or not she likes Shizuku at the end was a good way to gauge if their efforts have been a success so far.

There’s also the idea that Mio himself doesn’t even know what love is. He’s 10 years old and doesn’t know what a sister complex is, whereas his classmates his age already know, LOL. Kids these days.

last edited at Jun 17, 2019 5:32AM

joined May 24, 2014

Handholding, how lewd

To reply you must either login or sign up.