Forum › Under the Ceiling 4 discussion

Zen%20facce
joined Feb 3, 2013

oh my gosh this story why did it just end when the yuri just started T.T

Photo-thumb-19381
joined Nov 6, 2013

I wanna know if she really did have as many relationships as she said.

last edited at Feb 25, 2014 9:42PM

joined Jan 30, 2013

Dang. This calls for a continuation.

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

Kinda pissed at this ending. But I knew I would be disappointed once I realized how quickly it was moving and they graduated just like that.

Yya%20background
joined Feb 2, 2015

An interesting story with a nice development of the relationship from hatred to a begrudged friendship to love. The ending was a bit rushed, though. I would have liked to see the protagonist's reaction to being kissed since she was so set on a guy for so long.

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

Bisexual tag's missing!

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

I liked it, even though there wasn't much yuri. But that open end was just plain mean.

yurinaissance
56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

Aaah.... What the??

joined Apr 16, 2022

I regularly reread this, it's one of my favorite oneshots ever. There's so much that's conveyed purely through implication and metaphor, from the obvious (Kobayashi's issues with her father being the likely cause of her relations with men) to the more subtle (Kobayashi acting the way she does because she perceives Nakano as "mysterious" and thinks that is what Uchida is into). It's legitimately a masterpiece of complex character writing in a limited number of pages.

I understand why the open end upset people in this thread, but it's clearly a deliberate decision by the author. "Does sympathy lead to love?" is what Uchida asks Nakano, and the manga is explicitly leaving the answer up to the reader. (Although the fact that Nakano does end up falling for Kobayashi suggests to me what the manga's own answer is.)

To reply you must either login or sign up.