Forum › Yuri That Starts From Intimidation discussion

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Redemption by love is like the most seriously adorable trope in the book of tropes.

And of course, to make the trope work, you need a character who needs to be redeemed. For example, someone who is bad, rough, violent, dominant and doesn't show proper respect to girls... that's the whole Heathcliff set, you can't go wrong with classics, lol. Once the heroine makes them see the light with the power of love, voilà: all the problems are solved and all's right with the world!

I laughed at the Heathcliff reference. ^.^
I guess we girls have been fantasizing since like forever about meeting a cool bad guy and then healing their wounded heart with love...

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=202

Oh, this is good.
Like really, really good.
Thanks for the link! I didn't know about this webcomic -- or the author, Kate Beaton. And she has published? I'm definitely gonna check it out.

Btw, The Tenant of Wildfell Hall is my favorite Brontë novel. Just thought I should mention it. :P

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=202

Oh, this is good.
Like really, really good.
Thanks for the link! I didn't know about this webcomic -- or the author, Kate Beaton. And she has published? I'm definitely gonna check it out.

Btw, The Tenant of Wildfell Hall is my favorite Brontë novel. Just thought I should mention it. :P

Kate Beaton is awesome. Follow her name up on Google/Amazon--you won't be sorry.

(And perhaps will also discover that Canadian historical references can be just as esoteric as Japanese ones, at least for a US person.)

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

Wow can’t believe I missed this gem. Wonderful!

Icon3
joined Dec 17, 2017

Would have helped to have the 'foiled rape attempt' tag, to be honest.

Filed a tag request. Not condemning people that like it or anything, but it's definitely there (page 13-14, specifically), and the tag is vague enough to not spoil what is going to happen, because it could be from another delinquent, or the delinquent saving, etc. Then people can be better prepared reading this - or avoid if they so choose.

That way, everyone wins, nobody loses anything.

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

that smile can melt a devils heart

Rabu2
joined Apr 22, 2019
Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

It's criminal that things just stopped after this. I dunno why but I really enjoyed reading and wanted more. XD

To reply you must either login or sign up.