Forum › Yuri Game discussion

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Yay - I love all chi-rans stuff - realy enjoyed this :) Ofcourse it needs a follow up though!

A few queries tho- on page 13 when she says ' who would want some chicks who throw themselves at guys 'AND' treat them like objects?' That seems like it would make alot more sense if the 'AND' was a 'WHO', given who's saying it, I cant see her caring about the guys.. It could be mistranslated, or even a typo in the japanese?

Then on the next page, whats the gibberish in the background? It dosnt seem to be on a sign, more like a comment, but it cant be an translated right, why would the author put gibberish in?
'The bitter iron that would in fostering the process, of turkey' ?? If thats realy what it says and i was translating this i would of edited it out because its meaningless.

And lastly what does anyone think of the blond girl saying yes she is with someone, a very beautiful girl? She is talking about the main character right, not some girlfriend? I didnt read it that way at first, but when she finishes on the next page with 'then maybe we can start off as friends' - this wouldnt make sense if she had some amazing girlfriend already- and hardly seems like a player given what she said earlier.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

It makes plenty of sense. The girls are treating the guys as objects as well (as in something that belongs to somebody and can be stolen) and she is railing specifically about the girls in that sentence before switching over to the guy.

this wouldnt make sense if she had some amazing girlfriend already

Given Chi-ran's stance on monogamy...

last edited at Apr 4, 2013 12:47PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

this wouldnt make sense if she had some amazing girlfriend already

Given Chi-ran's stance on monogamy...

I'd hardly call that her stance on anything its just a story- and I might point out the ONLY one of her stories that has that veiw- all the rest are nice and monogamous.

Also, in THIS story, the character slags the others off for having exactly that attitude.
Also, it makes sense she is refering to the girl in front of her- all those other point ignored even.

But you might well be right on the guys being refered to- it makes sense to read it as its written- i just thought it made MORE sense the way i suggested. After all- you think guys like these mind being treated like objects by the girls just to sleep around with? Its a situation THEY created and obviously how they want it.

last edited at Apr 4, 2013 1:29PM

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

Yay - I love all chi-rans stuff - realy enjoyed this :) Ofcourse it needs a follow up though!

I don't think she ever did one, unfortunately.

A few queries tho- on page 13 when she says ' who would want some chicks who throw themselves at guys 'AND'
treat them like objects?' That seems like it would make alot more sense if the 'AND' was a 'WHO', given who's
saying it, I cant see her caring about the guys.. It could be mistranslated, or even a typo in the japanese?

I'm used to seeing that the other way around, too, but she really was talking about the guys there. As Phyis said, she was commenting on the "you can't have this guy because he's another girl's property" attitude the girls had. I don't think it's so much concern for the guy as her not wanting to date someone who treats their significant other like their property. It's possible there was a typo in the Japanese version, but I think this interpretation makes sense too.

Then on the next page, whats the gibberish in the background? It dosnt seem to be on a sign, more like a comment, but it cant be an translated right, why would the author put gibberish in?
'The bitter iron that would in fostering the process, of turkey' ?? If thats realy what it says and i was translating this i would of edited it out because its meaningless.

Chi-Ran likes to use bits of English in her backgrounds sometimes. From the content, I'm guessing she gets them from newspaper articles. Some of them are almost poetic but I don't know if that's deliberate or not.

And lastly what does anyone think of the blond girl saying yes she is with someone, a very beautiful girl? She is talking about the main character right, not some girlfriend? I didnt read it that way at first, but when she finishes on the next page with 'then maybe we can start off as friends' - this wouldnt make sense if she had some amazing girlfriend already- and hardly seems like a player given what she said earlier.

I assumed she was talking about another girlfriend, but your interpretation is interesting too.

Untitled2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Good job on pointing that out. I thought at first that maybe she has a girlfriend. ugh damn. sucks that this doesn't have a sequel T_T

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

N-n-no!!! why are they all ending like this... DX man...*sigh*

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

pkChinensis - Thanks for taking the time to clear up some of those things for me :) If there is no sequel then i'll just look forward to future chi-ran yuri then.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Considering this is Chi-Ran, I'm surprised there isn't any sex - or even kissing.

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

pkChinensis - Thanks for taking the time to clear up some of those things for me :) If there is no sequel then i'll just look forward to future chi-ran yuri then.

No problem.
Unfortunately, Chi-Ran isn't drawing much manga at all these days, and her latest books have been BL. But maybe she'll decide to draw more yuri someday!

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

No problem.
Unfortunately, Chi-Ran isn't drawing much manga at all these days, and her latest books have been BL. But maybe she'll decide to draw more yuri someday!

That's a shame. Chi-Ran is one of my all-time favorite yuri artists, because her works pretty much always involve confident, self-assured lesbians. It's at times like these that I really wish we had more insight into the lives and work situations of manga artists.

You must be fairly new to anime and manga. Japanese artists often use meaningless English as "flavor text" in situations like signs, newspapers, T-shirt slogans, and books. They're often from odd sources like technical manuals and suchlike.

last edited at Apr 5, 2013 9:11AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

You must be fairly new to anime and manga. Japanese artists often use meaningless English as "flavor text" in situations like signs, newspapers, T-shirt slogans, and books. They're often from odd sources like technical manuals and suchlike.

LOL- no ive been reading manga and watching anime for 25 years or so.

But i dont recall seeing english that was total gibberish that many times before- maybe a few- and usualy its on a sign as you say not floating in the background unrelated. Maybe im forgetting examples or didnt notice / dont read the right mangas lol.

I think youd be more aware of these things when you have to spend hours working on each page translating.

Tumblr_mw6qvr5yfa1shyngio1_500
joined Oct 25, 2013

That scene where she kicked his behind was awesome.

joined Apr 12, 2014

poor girl getting picked on cause shes super gorgeous! haha shes bad ass though woo

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

yeah I don't think that the super beautiful girl (kotone) would have been ok with cheating on someone, no matter how the writer may have written in other stories, the character written here is different. so when the main character asked "are you with someone?" I like to think that the response "yes a beautiful woman" was talking about the main, and that the main and the beautiful girl get together ^_^ ...though that is a loose interpretation

and monogamy aside (as a social construction) I am of the mind that love can only be dedicated to one person (romantic love) <3

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

hmm so this never got a sequel?

Akko%20x%20mari%2007
joined Mar 20, 2016

Considering the heroine doesn't get a name in this story, I've come to believe she's Mika. Even if that's not the case, it would make for an interesting twist.

To reply you must either login or sign up.