Forum › Can Watamote become a Yuri manga?

joined Aug 13, 2014

I watched the whole series and cringed badly the whole day as I freaking binge watch it. Not the best show to watch in one sitting. But the manga gets less cringe as it plays through. It became one of my favorite mangas and top mangas I'm waiting for an update. I think that Tomoko is either bi or lesbian that likes to look at anime dud (I've met people like that). She has more of an obsession with the girls in the school than the guys. Yet somehow she attracts the female characters to her even though they know she is a freaking perv around them. I can't decide on who I'm shipping her with now.

There is Yuu, the childhood best friend and Tomoko is attracted to. Megumi, the senior that likes to show her affection to Tomoko and thinks she is cute. Kotomi, a childhood friend-enemy that all has the same hobbies and talks to in the library. Yoshida, a deliquent that would hurt Tomoko all the time because well Tomoko is Tomoko but becomes more gentle(?) in the later chapters. Ucchi, a girl that grows a weird obsession with Tomoko and grows uncomfortable when Tomoko looks at her but would gets jealous when Tomoko looks at other girls. And there is Hina, a girl that sits beside Tomoko that she is sort of friends with and later on has a bit of a rival thing going on in the manga and shows a different personality only to Tomoko compared to her friends and classmates.

I don't know how but for a manga that started with a character obsessing with trying to bang with guy. It turned to a freaking lesbian harem possibility. With the fandom it has now and if the creator is willing to follow the fandom, it can only turn one of three ways. Tomoko bangs one of the girl characters, a random male character comes in play that is the freaking same as Tomoko (or the complete bloody opposite) or Tomoko bangs her brother! And I think the last two (especially the last one) is a harder chance of coming true compared to the first one. I'm not trying to say that Tomoko can't meet a guy that can like her but with the direction on how the manga is going. It is kind of weird and would come bat shit out of nowhere.

Even if does not become a yuri(?) manga, I wish there is more yuri doujinshi for Tomoko.

last edited at Nov 29, 2016 2:13AM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I have totally been feeling the same way for a while now. Can't really think of anything to add except: Yes

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

It would be nice. Especially if it worked that the reason Tomoko isn't 'popular' is because she's trying to be something she's not. So it would be nice if she had some form of revelation and being herself a bit more, which would actually cause her to get popular with a lot of girls and that presses someone with a crush on her to confess and suddenly ~YURI~

Untitled-2
joined Aug 17, 2014

looks like your wish become true.. I mean half true.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Snowave posted:

looks like your wish become true.. I mean half true.

Elaborate?

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

After the trip to Disneyland, it's pretty much cemented itself as a yuri harem romcom.
As for doujins, I do believe one is being typeset as we speak.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

never, it's not published in yuri magazine.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

What we know for sure is that Komisomething is the new old Tomoki

Yes_Cantaloupe
Dia%20mezashi
joined Dec 5, 2014

"become"

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Deep in my heart I am wishing it to go the yuri route.
But reality sets in, and I think the best I can hope for is pretty much Super Friends.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Deep in my heart I am wishing it to go the yuri route.

Pretty much all the possible routes are yuri routes unless you're talking Yuri with a capital Y

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Send a dump truck full of money to the mangaka and you can make it so.

To reply you must either login or sign up.