Forum › Girls Und Panzer discussion

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

It was nice to watch the story again but in manga form. The artists are just amazing at drawing all the tanks in such detailled way, although it seemed like they were more skilled at doing this than drawing the characters..

joined Aug 5, 2013

. . .The manga and the anime almost have little or no relation to each other.
I never expected Yukari to be the first person narrator. . .

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

. . .The manga and the anime almost have little or no relation to each other.
I never expected Yukari to be the first person narrator. . .

I love the anime but only just got round to reading this- it is a lot different but it has most of the same events, and many of the same scenes as the anime.

I really enjoyed it- we see some things that were not in the anime such as the battle with the Italian team. Its also very interesting to have Yukari as the narator- we get to hear her thoughts- and in the manga she is even more supportive and 'there for' miho- and seems to really care for her more obviously- wanting to be her strength etc.

Makes me understand why those doujins pairing miho and yukari were made.

BTW- on the scanlators web page the next 2 chapters are up- 13 & 14 - if someone wants to put them on the reader?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

^Thanks for the heads-up, they're up here now as well.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^Thanks for the heads-up, they're up here now as well.

That was fast! Thanks :)

Did you see the other thing on the scanlators web page? Girls un Panzer little army?
Its a 8 chapter finished story about Miho's earlier life prior to high school making her first friends in panzer craft- she seems to be about 10 or something? Only read ch1 so far but seems good.

Dunno if you can / want to have it on the reader too but thought id mention it.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yeah, I noticed it right when I uploaded the other two series, but never got the chance to read it. I'll check it out if I get a free moment this week, thanks for the reminder.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Yukari is so cute the manga is definitely worth reading even after watching the anime Miho x Yukari OTP!
It's all fixed now thanks.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

i really like when the manga (book) and anime (movie) are different it makes both worth the watch/read and its not the same thing both times

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Are the regular "fucking" accurate ? 'Cause somehow, they feel really out of place and keep bugging me. -.-

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I wanted to get into this series but I basically like 80% of the characters......except the main ones, and here I thought that with so many animations and ovas, at least one would be different but noooooOooOooooOo.... sigh

But sometimes I read this https://mangadex.org/title/13423/girls-und-panzer-ribbon-no-musha

and now I found this! https://mangadex.org/title/46175

joined Oct 29, 2019

Damn, Darj sure is tall!

Miho in early chapters feel more decisive as befitting of a commander, I like it. Seeing the same events in the anime from Yukari's perspective is also neat, and giving her a tank of her own (albeit temporary) is definitely a right choice in my opinion. I do think that despite the name you should watch the anime first.

Also thank you for the translation

last edited at May 2, 2021 3:26AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.