Forum › Mahou Senki Lyrical Nanoha Force discussion

[hachimitsu_scans]_sweet_magic_syndrome_v01_c07_04
joined Aug 22, 2013

30 chapters in a day... NEED MORE~!! thanks for uploading!

p.s I hope this would turn into anime :D

X
joined Jan 6, 2014

Nanoha's running Harem genre this time ?... uggg...

joined Feb 7, 2013

Doesn't seem so. MC's "suu-chan" is actually Subaru. Their relation is similar to Nanoha and Teana. Isis (the random OP shopkeeper) seems to have her own backstory.

Pairing is probably Touma / Lily, but it could end up like Agito and Signum. Touma / Isis is still possible, but I don't think its likely.

EDIT: Alright, fine, I admit the Grendel family has alot of that harem thing going on. What with the "summon three naked girls" ability of his... =/

last edited at Jun 1, 2014 3:35AM

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Manga is on infinite hiatus anyway. Stupid MC idea. Wannabe edgy. Stupid plot. Nice try to kill the Nanoha franchise.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Bleh.

Did someone ask for this to be uploaded? 0_o

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Did someone ask for this to be uploaded? 0_o

Yeah, multiple people actually. Though, it's Nanoha, so it was probably going to end up here eventually anyways.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Manga is on infinite hiatus anyway. Stupid MC idea. Wannabe edgy. Stupid plot. Nice try to kill the Nanoha franchise.

I actually think this and all the other manga series were quite sucessful in killing the Franchise. It has been on a decline since Strikers, but this was just too much.

In Force they tried to copy what they did in A's, portraying the Wolkenritter as noble enemies who were just victims of the circumstances, but it just backfired. The Huckebein family is little more than a bunch of overpowered assassins trying to act cute/cool while having way to many pages dedicated to them. I think that even Thoma, who is supposed to be the main character of this almost Nanoha-less aberration, has had less pages than the Huckebein.

last edited at Jun 1, 2014 2:55PM

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I actually think this and all the other manga series were quite sucessful in killing the Franchise. It has been on a decline since Strikers, but this was just too much.

Vivid isn't really that bad. It has its good moments, especially when it is focused on Vivio and Co only.

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

BURN THIS ABOMINATION!

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

hahaha so much hate classic, its no THAT bad guys

I like to compare Nanoha lately to the Resident Evil series specially cuz of the fan base, the franchise hasn't been the same since 3 etc

Never fear Nanoha will not die! cuz the fanbase is big and creative so maybe with a little patience(and fan doujins) the series will be good again like fire emblem for example! after that hiatus makes that glorious comback

Yandere%20=%20423182%20-%20copy
joined Nov 29, 2013

Is this the shit of the shit, I mean the king of trash?! It ruins a whole NanoFate series :v

joined Nov 14, 2014

Why some people hate this series? I admit I was worried at first for the male protagonist and its possible implications (harem, etc.) but after reading a bit realized that it's just good old nanoha. And striker's style which I love the most.

Tumblr_mmzjekkrdw1qlpahho1_1280
joined May 8, 2013

Just learned that Nyan-Type closed its doors in 2017. The chances for this series to come back have have been decreased. For me, from when I last read this series, I had a hard time getting through the chapters, its not that its dull or boring, its just that it wants to be dark and edgy, but can't bring itself to kill off established characters, especially with the Signum and Hayate fights, they get wtfpwned, with gore-ish results, but they turn out fine, like nothing happened. And the villians are just unlikable, I know they're supposed to be unlikable, but my issues is the fact that they are overpowered, to the point where I just don't care what happens to them, even if they have a redemption arc. Again, I haven't read this series in awhile, so I might sound super biased, but that's my thoughts on this entry.

last edited at Jul 2, 2019 1:58PM

E
joined Feb 8, 2014

Nice to see Nanoha and Fate but this manga sucks.

joined Oct 16, 2017

And after this, every depiction of Nanoha as either a remake or a alternate universe

Because for whatever reason, they decided they couldn't depict anything in the Nanohaverse that might contradict Force.

"I don't understand! Why the hate?"

The haters were right.
Screw Force, it killed the Franchise.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

And after this, every depiction of Nanoha as either a remake or a alternate universe

Because for whatever reason, they decided they couldn't depict anything in the Nanohaverse that might contradict Force.

"I don't understand! Why the hate?"

The haters were right.
Screw Force, it killed the Franchise.

IMO it's the "fans" who hated Force who did. Force itself was just the pretext. :-) To me, Nanoha was all about experimenting with the magical girl formulas from the very first season onward, so some missteps have always been expected. I had my gripes with Force at first, but after accepting it for the experiment that it was, I've grown to like it. It still had that old Nanoha feel to it. But the backlash it received was excessive IMO, and that, more than anything, made the authors wary of doing anything but to rehash the old plots from TOS and A's ever since. This backlash killed the franchise's readiness to experiment with new tropes and, because the latter was such a central part of it, the franchise itself.

last edited at May 19, 2022 5:26AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.