Forum › The Flower And The Star discussion

joined May 22, 2011

my bud directed me to chapter 9 & 10 translated by anons. i figured i'd share w/ you folks:

ch.09
http://safe.yuriproject.org/res/3277.html#3851
ch.10
http://safe.yuriproject.org/res/4252.html#4387

joined Nov 11, 2010

Err, Yuri Project releases are already hosted on the reader...but since it's just the translation, I guess it might be a while before the chapters get released. It's true that you can get a preview of a lot of the series Yuri Project is working on by visiting their boards directly, but I dunno how they feel in particular about their works-in-progress being shared around.

Oh well, I guess this is helpful for anyone who wants an early preview.

MrEngenious Admin
Puff
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 8, 2010

but I dunno how they feel in particular about their works-in-progress being shared around.

It's an open board, like voile and sorta like 4chan. Raws are freely shared with the expressed purpose of sharing them in hopes of getting them worked on.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Haha. On the other hand, I see things like QC versions of new Saki chapters being fully dumped on /a/, so that I never know if the people reading them there bother to go through the final versions. In which case, the extra work and quality added/errors fixed by the QCers are wasted. It's in that sense that I'm sometimes a little concerned about leechers showing a bit more patience or awareness towards the works in progress.

Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

That's only really an issue for Saki and I wouldn't even call it an issue. For a few people the QC is probably wasted because they don't bother to read the release version, yes, but we wouldn't even have this much QC for Saki without the involvement from irregulars. It's a tradeoff and one I happily live with.

Terumoko
joined Feb 18, 2013

Definitely one of the series I get a little obsessed over.
I hope there will be a new release soon.

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

Can i download the chapter 9 and 10 and then put english words in the right bubbles? o_O .. I've started doin' that yesterday. It doesn't look so bad, even thought it's my totally first try. I don't know which program or which style of writing to use, so i'm just doin' it in "Draw" and i choose random style - -'

last edited at Mar 31, 2013 2:05PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Can i download the chapter 9 and 10 and then put english words in the right bubbles? o_O .. I've started doin' that yesterday. It doesn't look so bad, even thought it's my totally first try. I don't know which program or which style of writing to use, so i'm just doin' it in "Draw" and i choose random style - -'

If you are working from the Yuri Project translations, check out their guidelines at http://wiki.yuriproject.net/guidelines, and then post your work back to Yuri Project.

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

Fuck it then :D
I'm almost done with the chapter 9 but i didn't exactly fullfill the conditions for SFXs (Like puttin' the text right beside the SFX and have similiar text of it and stuff) and i don't know how to do the credit page. I looked up the program which i'm usin' it's just a simple "Paint" and i don't have Photoshop or anythin' as good as that.

Terumoko
joined Feb 18, 2013

I looked up the program which i'm usin' it's just a simple "Paint" and i don't have Photoshop or anythin' as good as that.

If you're not afraid of learning new packages I would suggest trying either GIMP or Paint.NET.
They are both quality open source (free) alternatives to Photochop.

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

If you're not afraid of learning new packages I would suggest trying either GIMP or Paint.NET.

Damn.. I would love to edit the manga and have pleasure of the new chapters but.. Aaargh. Okay, i'm gonna learn it sometime. I hope you won't be mad at me for havin' a bad editing skills :D
Btw. Since i'm almost done with the 9 chapter, can i just try to send it to them and later (with the next chapter i'm gonna edit) learn photoshop/GIMP or Paint.NET.?

Terumoko
joined Feb 18, 2013

Damn.. I would love to edit the manga and have pleasure of the new chapters but.. Aaargh. Okay, i'm gonna learn it sometime. I hope you won't be mad at me for havin' a bad editing skills :D
Btw. Since i'm almost done with the 9 chapter, can i just try to send it to them and later (with the next chapter i'm gonna edit) learn photoshop/GIMP or Paint.NET.?

It's great you want to do editing! :)
However, I'm not actually involved with any scanlation teams. I'm just a student who uses lots and lots of different software packages for my projects/labs. But from the requirements posted, I believe you will be able to do all the editing necessary with the alternatives I mentioned. Just in case you want to try editing without having to invest in something like Photoshop.

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Proper editing involves more than just adding text to the page with Paint, it wouldn't take that long otherwise. But it's not that hard to pick up if you want to learn it.

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

Dunno but i'm doin' the last page and i still would be glad if you would look if it's acceptable or not :D .. After all that work. If it's not acceptable then you would have to find someone else until i learn how to Edite properly :)

Done Editing 9 chapter o_O .. What now? :D
How can i uploade to Yuri Project to se if they'll approve my editing or not?

last edited at Mar 31, 2013 11:22PM

Yuru-yuri00055-650x365
joined Mar 31, 2013

Sr for just jumping in. I just want to say this manga has a pretty good story to begin with and till the end. But somehow, I kind of hoping for the adult level or just a little bit more kissing and gasping ( :D ) even though the characters are still pretty innocence.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Dunno but i'm doin' the last page and i still would be glad if you would look if it's acceptable or not :D .. After all that work. If it's not acceptable then you would have to find someone else until i learn how to Edite properly :)

Done Editing 9 chapter o_O .. What now? :D
How can i uploade to Yuri Project to se if they'll approve my editing or not?

Seems like Yuri Project principally works with mediafire...just upload your work there in a zip file, and post the link in the Yuri Project thread. The admins and QC people will take a look over it.

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

Ah, thanks :)

Al%c5%afskd
joined Jul 4, 2012

Sr for just jumping in. I just want to say this manga has a pretty good story to begin with and till the end. But somehow, I kind of hoping for the adult level or just a little bit more kissing and gasping ( :D ) even though the characters are still pretty innocence.

Yah, i know what you mean ^^

Screw that.. Dunno how to upload it - -' :D
And someone is already editin' that so nm :)

joined May 28, 2013

Is there going to be any new chapters? I luv this manga and I have been waiting forever for this to have an update.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Is there going to be any new chapters? I luv this manga and I have been waiting forever for this to have an update.

Short answer: yes. Long answer: yes but you'll have to wait a while more. I think 9 and 10 are both translated and are being edited. With any luck, they'll be finished this year :D

Kavi_1
joined Oct 20, 2010

I really like this series. I've been waiting for an update since the last update. XD Are chapters 9 and 10 the final chapters or are there more?

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

The key phrase being 'with any luck'. Oh well, a series being abandoned isn't the end of the world.

It's not abandoned, just suffering from some kind of mummy curse where every editor drops subpar work and then bails. I'll take care of it next week, this farce is getting on my nerves.

I do wonder though, if Suzukin Kario has any other yuri stuff to her name. Rereading this was really fun and if she does have other stuff out there, I'd like to check it out.

No. She has two older series, one a rather bizarre gag comedy, the other a romantic comedy where the male love interest is a kappa in hiding. How she got from those setups to a rather vanilla schoolgirl romance is beyond me.

joined Sep 14, 2011

Phyis, this really isn't related to this series, though I really like this one...
Your avatar is awesome :) Where's it from. Also, yuri project, along with dynasty, lili, and a few others, are always the places I look for good releases. Some may not be to my taste, but it's the quality of the releases I'm impressed with. Thank you, and every other translator of Japanese manga, for spending your free time on this. It's always greatly appreciated :D

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Phyis, this really isn't related to this series, though I really like this one...
Your avatar is awesome :) Where's it from.

Midori from http://dynasty-scans.com/series/school_police

It's always greatly appreciated :D

That's really nice to hear.

joined May 31, 2013

Is it just me or are tennis, archery, and baseball really popular sports in yuri?

To reply you must either login or sign up.