Forum › Kakegurui - Yorozu: Official Comic Anthology discussion

Steam%20picture%20eclipse
joined Jan 9, 2017

Woah....Kakegurui is officially yuri

Damn....i was wrong.....NICE!!!!!

I mean, there IS yuri in Kakegurui, it's just sadly not focused on.

seriously? I didn't know that , could u point out to me where is the yuri exactly?

In the manga, instead of the bet between the president and Yumeko, there is a bet between Sayaka and Yumeko, in which the loser give up what she treasures most: gambling for Yumeko, her bond with the president for Sayaka. They have to make it from the top of some tower, which the president had made for the exclusive purpose of gambling, to the bottom and back first to win, bringing a lily from the first floor as proof. Yumeko wins, and the president, in her infinite generosity, offers Sayaka an alternative to trying (and failing, no doubt) to not think about the president for the rest of her days: jumping out of one of the 6 doors to the outside of the fifth floor of the tower. Sayaka accepts. She outright confesses, then jumps. Then, the president jumps after her, and hugs her in midair, and they land on a safety mat hidden under the lilies that surround the tower, because that door she chose was the correct one that said she would fall 5 stories. Then the president says she reciprocates Sayaka's feeling, invites her to be part of the student council again, and licks this wound her forehead. Sayaka then kisses the president's hand.

SniperPumpkin
joined Dec 26, 2015

Woah....Kakegurui is officially yuri

Damn....i was wrong.....NICE!!!!!

I mean, there IS yuri in Kakegurui, it's just sadly not focused on.

seriously? I didn't know that , could u point out to me where is the yuri exactly?

Besides what Titanoktonon said there is also the fact that there is a sub plot between Mary and Yumeko that you can´t just ignore unlike its anime counterpart the Indian poker arc was more of a beginning to the current development in the manga Mary though she hasn't resized yet has now more then you would call a crush on Yumeko as she is all she can think about right now and wants to do everything in her power to protect her.

last edited at May 14, 2018 7:10AM

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

I'm sorry if this question comes across as ignorant, but the anime is het right? Just wanted to make it clear before I hastily try to watch it.

Titanoktonon
joined Jan 9, 2017

I'm sorry if this question comes across as ignorant, but the anime is het right? Just wanted to make it clear before I hastily try to watch it.

I suppose it's ignorant in the same way asking someone's name the first time meeting them is ignorant.
It's kind of like Saki: there is a male used as a segue to introduce the actual main character, but whose value diminishes as time passes, except for the occasional explanation. The last episode of the anime tosses him back in, whereas the corresponding chapters of the manga (which I mentioned above) entirely eschew his presence.
Also, Yumeko tells some male students they aren't her type, which I choose to interpret as "males aren't her type."

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

I suppose it's ignorant in the same way asking someone's name the first time meeting them is ignorant.

Just trying to be safe. I got flamed once or twice before for asking because people got angry that I assumed their male led story=het.

Back to the question, so the story doesn't really focus on yuri much then? More like a side dish to the main duo's main course? Thats what I got from your brief synopsis. Saki on the other hand was blatant u-friendly though.

Titanoktonon
joined Jan 9, 2017

Back to the question, so the story doesn't really focus on yuri much then? More like a side dish to the main duo's main course? Thats what I got from your brief synopsis. Saki on the other hand was blatant u-friendly though.

I'd say all interpersonal relationships (except for spite) take a backseat to gambling (and psychological manipulation and cheating that come with it). On the other hand, almost all tears shed by girls are over girls.
In conclusion, though there has yet to be any mention of IPS technology, in the anime or manga, they are both rather yuriffic, the manga notably more so.

joined Feb 27, 2017

Yeah, that's about what you'd expect from Yoshimura Kana

Terumoko
joined Feb 18, 2013

I need more of this lesbian gambling school!

joined Apr 2, 2013

I'm trying to watch the anime but maaan, it gets a bit creepy. Nail-collector girl and eye-remover girl. Had so many hopes from the OP but sounds like I should read the manga instead.

Unknown%20(1)
joined Jan 30, 2019

fantastic

Rumia_full_1227580
joined Oct 10, 2018

So anybody read the side story?

Evavatar
joined May 8, 2018

I did just read Kakegurui Twin and it's totally gay. Too bad Yumeko isn't on this one

joined Jan 27, 2020

I did just read Kakegurui Twin and it's totally gay. Too bad Yumeko isn't on this one

Good, she’s the most annoying character.

joined Apr 9, 2013

Mary is totally a girls magnet!

I need some MaRiri works too...

TheYuriReviewer
Profile_picture_by_theyurireviewer-d5lqbnw_(4)
joined Mar 24, 2013

The farther you go, the more you realize Tsuzura X Mary is a god tier pairing. Alas, Mary X Yumeko is basically canon mangawise now. I love it.

Blye_Flamsteed
Evavatar
joined May 8, 2018

The farther you go, the more you realize Tsuzura X Mary is a god tier pairing. Alas, Mary X Yumeko is basically canon mangawise now. I love it.

I agree, Mary x Tsuzura is so good together ! I know Mary has 3 (4?) ships but my favorite is probably with Tsuzura and I hope she will return on the main story and be happy, but I'm not very hopeful (let me dream T_T)

joined Jan 19, 2021

I'd like to see them play that next match in full detail

joined Nov 26, 2020

Wait so is this actually official? It doesnt seem like it was produced by anyone on the main writing crew so what's the deal?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Sceptile posted:

Wait so is this actually official? It doesnt seem like it was produced by anyone on the main writing crew so what's the deal?

It's official in the sense that it's published by Kakegurui's publisher, probably has a little involvement by the original creator(s), and has "official" in the name. They're not canon, but something more like approved doujinshi side stories.

joined Oct 25, 2010

Kirari and Sayaka love each other very much! It is just a feeling that I get from reading this story !

To reply you must either login or sign up.