Forum › Anime season

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

evangelion 4 you can re do.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

SF posted:

Reminder that there's this to look forward to. Hope they don't delay it any further.

I honestly couldn't care less after watching 3.33 and the horrible transition between 2.22 to that, I'm WAAAAAAAAAAAY more excited with the Eureka 7 movies

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

I actually enjoyed how nonsensical 3.0 was, I really only saw the Rebuild series as blockbuster action films and I'm pretty excited to see how it's going to conclude.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I liked 3.0 way more than the earlier movies, personally. It was doing it's own thing instead of being a watered-down version of the original series

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hylarn posted:

I liked 3.0 way more than the earlier movies, personally. It was doing it's own thing instead of being a watered-down version of the original series

Here's my problem with 3.0, in the end of 2.22 Shinji goes full sync God with the eva and "saves" Rei, all that after feeling down and finally find his resolve to pilot the Eva again, but oh Geez he is about to make the third impact!! Thankfully, Kaworu comes down from the sky like an Angel with the lance and stop that from happening.

3.0: Holy fucking damn Shinji you stupid brat! you ruined everything with your third impact and shit! REI IS DEAD!!! is all your fault!!! everyone in that ship hates him so he leaves (and for some reason, they can't believe he did it) and start some yaoi piano with Kaworu and then KAWORU IS DEAD! Holy fucking damn Shinji you stupid brat! is your fault too, now move your ass back to the Ship, I don't care if you're feeling down you gotta fight!!

What the fuck ? Why Evangelion can't continue without making him feel like trash? is that the point of the series from start to end?

It looks like they will re-launch the movies with a few new scenes in bluray, here's the trailer for "Promotion Reel"

2.22 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEycMVLttAU
3.33 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpwbcPW6GD0

last edited at Jul 26, 2018 7:27PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Here's my problem with 3.0, in the end of 2.22 Shinji goes full sync God with the eva and "saves" Rei, all that after feeling down and finally find his resolve to pilot the Eva again, but oh Geez he is about to make the third impact!! Thankfully, Kaworu comes down from the sky like an Angel with the lance and stop that from happening.

3.0: Holy fucking damn Shinji you stupid brat! you ruined everything with your third impact and shit! REI IS DEAD!!! is all your fault!!! everyone in that ship hates him so he leaves (and for some reason, they can't believe he did it) and start some yaoi piano with Kaworu and then KAWORU IS DEAD! Holy fucking damn Shinji you stupid brat! is your fault too, now move your ass back to the Ship, I don't care if you're feeling down you gotta fight!!

See, I haaaaaaaated the end of 2.0. That sort "Look at the main character be a badass! He screws the odds and saves everyone!" thing runs exactly counter to what I like about Eva. If I wanted a power fantasy I have so many other options

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Yeah, I think it sucks Anno decided to trash the script for 3.0 because.....Why again? Because he didn't like the dub or something? Whatever, I just enjoyed 3.0 because of the pure batshit insanity of it all. From that weird giant ship to the weird new Nerv headquarters run by only Gendo, Fuyutsuki, Rei, & Kaworu. I just stopped taking it seriously at that point. Maybe 4.0 will bring back some of the focus that 2.0 had, I'm not holding my breath though.

last edited at Jul 26, 2018 9:31PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hylarn posted:

See, I haaaaaaaated the end of 2.0. That sort "Look at the main character be a badass! He screws the odds and saves everyone!" thing runs exactly counter to what I like about Eva. If I wanted a power fantasy I have so many other options

You can concede him one victory, and that would be fine ... But you can't deny what happened only because you (or Anno) likes to see Shinji fail over and over again and fight without a single motivation to do so, seriously the confrontation in the ship was so bad, confusing and awkward that it made me see the movie feeling really bad thinking "They will eventually explain what happened... any moment now... You almost got me there Hideaki..." and then the credits rolled .-. that's why I only saw the movie once and really disappointed, and if I watch it again I'll sure skip the confrontation because it only serves to make him feel miserable and then once again I won't be able to enjoy the visuals, fight or the scattered bits of plot here and there.

joined Dec 16, 2013

Harukana Receive is all just subtext!!!

last edited at Jul 28, 2018 12:40AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

koneko posted:

I love how the grandma smiles at that

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

Fuck.... Fate once again chooses the male mc......

last edited at Jul 29, 2018 4:16AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

F/GO already had anime using the male protagonist, so this shouldn't be a surprise

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

F/GO already had anime using the male protagonist, so this shouldn't be a surprise

i know but i was holding onto hope that they would use the female mc at some point.....

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

i know but i was holding onto hope that they would use the female mc at some point.....

Ahahhahahaha. wipes tears Good one, good one.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

That really is some very heavy subtext, particularly in the manga. I mean they aren't being subtle about it.

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

That ending to Last Encore looked ascended, watching it live was great. I doubt it would make much more sense when it gets subbed. Watching them stand and talk there for 30+ minutes straight is hilarious. That excuse to have Nero's outfit get ripped apart is also hilarious. Gawain and Leo were the real heroes, goodbye zombie edgy Hakuno.

last edited at Jul 29, 2018 8:31AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Another Fate I'm gonna ignore I guess, I liked apocrypha ... I guess that's the end.
Following with more bad news, I really really reeeally don't like hanebado anime what the heck is so edgy and full of friction, I just don't care anymore... I prefer Major 2nd even if the animation is half as good.

Just reading the manga about the events today, this isn't just an adaptation this feels like a reboot in a total different direction, in the manga everyone is having a good time, they laugh they joke with each others and Hanesaki and Connie say goodbye with a smile promising to play again... But the anime? "I will ntr your mom away from you because your team is useless (remembering that the night before she was sorry about ditching her team mate so it doesn't make any sense?)... What a waste, truly.

Harukana is beautiful!!! and asobi asobase too!!

last edited at Jul 29, 2018 1:40PM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

So Yuri on Stage... I means Revue Starlight... Is it just me or this anime is really Ikuhara~esque? The lack of tragedy and symbolism aside.

Not really like the main pairs honestly. But like the support cast a fair bit. The erotic Kansaiben girl. The love-struck roommate (who got ntred by Hikari and Junjun). And the hardworking ojou sama, in order.

The main pair however is just too one-dimension for my liking

last edited at Jul 30, 2018 9:48AM

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or5A_ZzB6YI

Nice meme type-moon. Props to not including kaleid as essential ;)
Also shout-out to the one true essential: Fate Labyrinth on minute 4:44. Blink and you'll miss it. The one type-moon story with surprise gay.

How about not having a high school boy next time or a two week old cardboard I mean homunculus, I feel like that would spice things up a bit. Just a thought.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So Yuri on Stage... I means Revue Starlight... Is it just me or this anime is really Ikuhara~esque? The lack of tragedy and symbolism aside.

You just noticed this?

Not really like the main pairs honestly. But like the support cast a fair bit. The erotic Kansaiben girl. The love-struck roommate (who got ntred by Hikari and Junjun). And the hardworking ojou sama, in order.

The main pair however is just too one-dimension for my liking

Yeah, Karen and Hikari are very archetypal, and Hikari in particular hasn't been fleshed out at all. Particularly annoying when the rest of the cast isn't nearly as beholden to the standard CGDCT archetypes

joined Dec 16, 2013

2 episodes of heavy yuri in Jashin Dropkick!!!!
Medusa manipulating Jashin!!!!

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Jashin has probably the most toxic yuri couple in anime since anime became a thing.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I just saw the movie of Take On Me for the Nibutani x Dekomori moments, it was an okay movie but just seeing these girls together being silly and cute makes it a very good movie too bad there was no confession or another kiss but they belong together and stay together the whole film

joined Dec 16, 2013

Basilik got some yuri.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

I just saw the movie of Take On Me for the Nibutani x Dekomori moments, it was an okay movie but just seeing these girls together being silly and cute makes it a very good movie too bad there was no confession or another kiss but they belong together and stay together the whole film

Just watched this as well and honestly I don't know whether it's worth to watch it just for Nibutani x Dekomori....

Like considering the amount of screen time they had, the OVA resorted to turn them into gag characters for the whole movie. The only times that they feed us with few seconds of the DekoMori goodness are just these three screens:

https://imgur.com/a/dALx8W2

last edited at Aug 5, 2018 10:59AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.