Forum › Junior Highschool Girl x Married Woman discussion

Even if you're not their audience, it's still their intellectual property and they can choose what gets done with it. This applies even to manga uploaded for free to pixiv, which is what I had to deal with.

It is definitely stealing. You can argue it's being transformative that you're translating it to English, but that's a stretch.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Arckuno posted:

Even if you're not their audience, it's still their intellectual property and they can choose what gets done with it.

And I can say it is dumb.

But you can't say it's not stealing.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Arckuno posted:

But you can't say it's not stealing.

Well, I can, but at this point we'll have to just agree to disagree.

last edited at Jul 24, 2018 4:16PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

We don't operate in a vacuum and this situation is very different from business as usual. The market and labor situations on both ends are far more complex and the author's known intentions add a new angle. We're going to proceed as mentioned.

And uh, Nevri, it's stealing by both the dictionary and legal definition. That's something we have to tangle with as scanlators and pirates, we can't just wave it away.

There's obviously multiple ways to view this situation, Arc and I just differ in what we subjectively think is the right thing to do.

last edited at Jul 24, 2018 7:16PM

There's obviously multiple ways to view this situation, Arc and I just differ in what we subjectively think is the right thing to do.

Unless you're talking about when I said you should talk to an artist BEFORE pissing them off, I don't think I ever said anything about the "right thing to do" in this situation...?

joined Jun 12, 2015

After seeing raws of the first story, I'm no longer looking forward to this. It's terrible.

joined Jul 19, 2018

i feel that if the artist doesnt authorize translating this work in english, then we aren't his/her target audience anyways.
So, the artist really doesnt stand to loose nething, so the matter of stealing it is irrelevant. we aren't showing him the middlefinger, he is ... and we are going abt our ways w/o damaging ne1 other than a if you consider a small group of people who know both japanese and english && were gonna purchase the copy but wont now 'cause they're getting it here for free.

joined May 24, 2014

After seeing raws of the first story, I'm no longer looking forward to this. It's terrible.

Terrible how? Het end?

joined Aug 7, 2011

A new tag should be created for this one: "Vignette". It's a collection of 2 or 3 page stories, so it's a vignette.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Terrible how? Het end?

No don't worry.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Terrible how? Het end?

Higschool girl slept with the husband to ruin the marriage and keep the wife.

last edited at Mar 20, 2019 2:56AM

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

Just so you know, the author is selling all 3 volumes in both Japanese and English. First volume is on booth while the rest is on Amazons.
I'm considering buying them but honestly looking at the comment above I'm not so sure anymore. I don't need more drama to make my mental state become even more unstable.

The grammar and writing in English is also not great.

I already support the artist's work in Japanese, but really wish they'd talk to a native speaker about proofreading.

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

I already support the artist's work in Japanese, but really wish they'd talk to a native speaker about proofreading.

Officially sold in English and bad grammar go together very well.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/welcome_to_sangakubu

Seira%20the%20boss
joined Jun 25, 2017

Terrible how? Het end?

Higschool girl slept with the husband to ruin the marriage and keep the wife.

Oh. Shit. That ruined my day.

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

Don't really care about the bad English tbh, since I have friends who know Japanese (I'm also learning but it's a long way to go). Otherwise if I want to mess with it aka editting I would just spend money to hire ppl to translate it, as in the case of Fusoroi no Renri (yes I am a weaboo who spend his money on this)

That said, having an English version is still better, even tho it is bad, it helps me to get the slightest idea of what the author means, so when I scan the Japanese and paste it on google translate I won't be confused.

And yeah I do agree the "official sold in English" and "bad grammar" are ugh... they kinda go together. Some English translations is actually good tho. For example, Itsuki's "Palely and the Witch" series.

last edited at Mar 26, 2019 10:46PM

joined Mar 8, 2019

Just so you know, the author is selling all 3 volumes in both Japanese and English. First volume is on booth while the rest is on Amazons.

Where can I find the first volume? Already got all of the others on Amazon.

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

Where can I find the first volume? Already got all of the others on Amazon.

here
Also, take note, despite what it says, it's the English version only, not the original one, for some reason.

I've read through all of those. The first one is... kinda fucked up but not that bad. wipe sweat
The second one feel kinda rushed but it's actually really cute. And the third one is... somewhat heart-warming I guess?

Anw that would mean I got all 3 volume waiting to be editted. Even though the it's in English, it's pretty bad. Around 60% of the lines are in Japanrisk if you know what I mean. I can provide the raw if anyone's willing to edit it. Second and third volume have the raw coming with it.

I can do it myself since the lines are mostly simple, but I'm not a native English speaker (also university) so I think it'll be better for someone else to do it.

Currently working with the artist to fix and update the language.

joined Mar 8, 2019

I've read through all of those. The first one is... kinda fucked up but not that bad. wipe sweat
The second one feel kinda rushed but it's actually really cute. And the third one is... somewhat heart-warming I guess?

Thanks! I need to give it a read. The second one does feel a bit rushed and the third at least had a decent ending.

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

Currently working with the artist to fix and update the language.

Would it be possible for you to ask the artist to check the inbox on pixiv? I asked her (assuming it's a she, sorry if I'm wrong) for permission to translate it into a 3rd language but she didn't reply yet (I know she doesn't allow reposting and sharing the book, not putting my hope to high but still). I'm pretty sure it's because of the busy life, but at the same time I'm kinda worried since the message is in English.

Contacting them on Twitter would probably be easier.

The first book has been updated with fixes. Second book should be updated as well, but I think Amazon takes a while to change it.

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

Contacting them on Twitter would probably be easier.

Hmm, will do. Have to translate my message into Japanese tho, thanks for the reply.

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

THERE'S A NEW CHAPTER WHICH SERVES AS A PREQUEL TO THE FIRST COUPLE!

To reply you must either login or sign up.