Forum › Poisoning the Sweet Apple discussion

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Ewwwwwww... She's like 'you gotta love me but sorry I love someone else' and then how can she dare say she's worried about her... Ewww.

last edited at Jul 16, 2018 9:54PM

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

People change huh...I've never really trusted Asuka, but I guess Kaori doesn't have much choice...

joined Apr 12, 2015

What an unhealthy and toxic relationship..

Etqyggh6mxyi1klo3fwjrwrwicpboh
joined Feb 7, 2015

You know what they say? Love comes in different shapes and flavours.

Sans%20titre
joined Feb 8, 2014

If I remember right, it wasn't that she loved somebody else

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

I could read this as canon, it's so true to the characters. Even with the Euph MC getting involved in everyone else's drama was totally true to hibike haha.

I really liked this, Asuka's character is always a weird one to place and I think she's been done really well here. Kaori's dependence on her was also pretty great. I like that it's not this usual relationship and it's unhealthy, but Kaori is still along for the ride even though she knows it's bad for her.

Just great stuff, could totally read more doujins from this mangaka

Unnamed%20(1)
joined May 12, 2015

The characters are on point

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Asuka's character is always hard to read. I don't call her weird though just maybe Asuka doesn't wanted to be controlled or being under even if it's love. Perhaps because of the way her mother raised her. Like what Asuka called it, it was a shackle.

One thing I like about this doujin is that the characters are so on point from Eupho anime. The way Kumiko always appear. The way Asuka talked in a sing song. And the way how Kaori was so obsessed with her.

joined Mar 25, 2013

Poor Kaori, that is all.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

So, I was gonna ask about that Liz to Aoi Tori thing 'cause I thought it featured these two characters, but apparently it features two other characters. Goes to show how little I know about Hibike... well, still, I am kinda curious. How overt is the yuri in that movie, if there's any at all? Does it continue the tradition of bullshit bait from the anime, or is it a legitimate relationship? I remember reading someone hailing it as a revolution for the yuri genre, but I've probably just hyped myself up too much over one person's ramblings...

Anyhow, I thought this thing was pretty good even though, again, I never watched the anime. Their relationship was pretty messed up, but it is fun to read about messed up relationships every once in a while.

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015

So, I was gonna ask about that Liz to Aoi Tori thing 'cause I thought it featured these two characters, but apparently it features two other characters. Goes to show how little I know about Hibike... well, still, I am kinda curious. How overt is the yuri in that movie, if there's any at all? Does it continue the tradition of bullshit bait from the anime, or is it a legitimate relationship? I remember reading someone hailing it as a revolution for the yuri genre, but I've probably just hyped myself up too much over one person's ramblings...

Anyhow, I thought this thing was pretty good even though, again, I never watched the anime. Their relationship was pretty messed up, but it is fun to read about messed up relationships every once in a while.

The movie hasn't been subbed yet, it was released in theaters in April so it might take a while. But as far as I know the pairing has more potential than Kumiko x Reina since it doesn't have guys involved.
It's definitely not the revolution of yuri but it does have a lot of subtext pairings, Mizore x Nozomi (the ones from Liz to Aoi Tori) being one of the gayest ones and Asuka x Kaori too since the latter seems to be canon in the novels.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

The movie hasn't been subbed yet, it was released in theaters in April so it might take a while. But as far as I know the pairing has more potential than Kumiko x Reina since it doesn't have guys involved.
It's definitely not the revolution of yuri but it does have a lot of subtext pairings, Mizore x Nozomi (the ones from Liz to Aoi Tori) being one of the gayest ones and Asuka x Kaori too since the latter seems to be canon in the novels.

That's sure a relief. I wouldn't want such a seemingly promising relationship to end with one of them dating a terrible teacher (Reina does date whatever-his-name-is-Sensei, right?). It's a shame that it's just subtext, but I didn't really expect anything else from this movie... still, I think it would have been a legitimate revolution if it were truly confirmed yuri. Like, if they confessed their love to one another and kissed. Apparently, the director's pretty popular and I'd assume the movie has a big budget (as expected from a KyoAni film), so it would have been amazing if an actual big budget yuri movie was made rather than a subtext movie... but it sadly seems like it's not meant to be.

And, wow, I had no idea that there was a canon lesbian relationship in the novels. Based on how the writer apparently treated Kumiko and Reina's relationship, I didn't really have high hopes for anything else... I'm still probably not gonna read them, but that's pretty cool nonetheless.

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015

(Reina does date whatever-his-name-is-Sensei, right?).

Uhm, no, I'm almost sure they never date.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

(Reina does date whatever-his-name-is-Sensei, right?).

Uhm, no, I'm almost sure they never date.

Oh okay, well that's good to hear, at least. I need to stop saying random things I thought I know about this show 'cause I know nothing about it haha.

Terumoko
joined Feb 18, 2013

That's my Asuka senpai! Poisoning the sweet apple indeed.

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

I never thought Asuka would be this dark a character. I mean, I watched some clips of her from Hibike anime and I understand how damaged her psyche is considering how she's (as heavily and explicitly implied) psychologically and physically abused by her own mother.

And damn, I love how Asuka Tanaka's been reinterpreted as a dark and sinister romantic.

To reply you must either login or sign up.