Forum › The Voynich Hotel discussion

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

Wow, this one was actually pretty good!

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I finally got around to actually reading this. It was surprisingly good. I was expecting something a lot more random and aimless than that.

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Not so many posts for the discussion of this manga, but I reviewed it so I'll link to my review of it all the same:
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/03/02/dowman-sayman-the-voynich-hotel/

This is my favorite of Dowman Sayman's manga. I reviewed two others of his this week. One is Nickelodeon, the other isn't up as of this writing but it's Oddman 11. I would have posted these reviews to the Dynasty forums on the days they went up since I don't like to bump reeeaaally old threads, but it completely slipped my mind that this site hosts basically all of Dowman's works. At any rate, great series.

Panty%20from%20p.s.w.g
joined Jul 10, 2015

Surprisingly I loved this manga. I'm thinking of buying it if I can find it, cause nothing can beat a hard copy y'know.

Ayameamane
joined Apr 22, 2015

This series reminds me of the reasons why I love this author/artist. I just can't imagine a world without this author/artist.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014
Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Whoa this got licensed

AHHHHHHHHHH THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFO.
Aich, I love Dowman Sayman's works in generall but this it's so good ;^;

joined Feb 1, 2013

Whoa this got licensed

Thanks, but I'll stick with the uncensored fan-translation I downloaded. As an American, I've seen first-hand how things are cut and edited for a North American release. Most publishers don't want to show underage smoking, or any level of cursing, so I can't imagine what they'd do to a series that features fake-lolis, drug use, and graphic violence.

Picture%20edit
joined Dec 13, 2016

Honestly one of the best works by Dowman. He does a wonderful balancing the creepy with the sentimental.

__ex_keine_kamishirasawa_keine_and_kamishirasawa_keine_touhou_drawn_by_rebecca_keinelove__dac6b62f1c1ee61618ab14504ccd5a1b
joined May 30, 2018

11/10, will read a thousand more times. every single character has so much personality, and the way that the main and side story intertwine as incredible. very few stories can balance a murder mystery, multiple romances, a yukuza revenge plot, demons, and more while still being engaging and funny. the main romance is incredibly cute and unique, you don't get to see a witch and a yakuza act giddy for each other everyday. the side romance between vixen and leader was also cute. part of me wants this to keep going on forever, but they way it ended with elena and taizou about to go on a trip and all the lose ends getting connected is such a perfect end. what a great series.

To reply you must either login or sign up.