Forum › Welcome To The Ballroom discussion

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

Ha, great.

joined Mar 18, 2016

Lol, "why are you so hot!?"

joined Sep 11, 2014

A bit off-topic, but what happened to these two in the manga? Haven't read it for quite some time.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

A bit off-topic, but what happened to these two in the manga? Haven't read it for quite some time.

Historia became queen after killing Rod Reiss and Ymir got devoured by another titan shifter.

So basically no happy ending for these two :,(

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

Last image damn sexy. Nodding my head like that guy in orange in the meme he mimes shoving away something, then nods. Have no idea what it's called or how to find it.

Zen%20facce
joined Feb 3, 2013

fun

joined Sep 11, 2014

Historia became queen after killing Rod Reiss and Ymir got devoured by another titan shifter.

Oh. That's quite sad. Guess I'll need some fluffs to balance it out. Thanks for the heads up.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Oh. That's quite sad. Guess I'll need some fluffs to balance it out. Thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, seconding that.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Ahhhh, it's been a while since we got any yumikuri

joined Aug 11, 2014

Ymir's death is somehow made worse by the fact that it basically happens offscreen. It's mentioned in an offhand comment, and another character has a flashback about it later, but for such an interesting character, with such a significant name, her actual death is given almost no emotional or dramatic weight whatsoever.

Rather than dying, it's more like she was written out of the story, and the author killed her off as an afterthought because he still needed her blood more than he needed her character. The connection she had built up with Historia gets unceremoniously dropped because the author wants a whole new character to have her power instead.

The fact that Historia also hasn't been a major character in forever makes me super suspicious, too. Like, the only two members of the old recon corp to get unceremoniously pushed out of the story happen to be the couple fans latched onto for being super gay? Hmm. It could just be a coincidence, but it's a pretty unfortunate one, at that.

Anyway that's why Ymir/Christa fanart is the most tragic shit ever and even when it's great it makes me want to cry, the end.

last edited at Mar 18, 2018 6:27PM

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Thanks for the spoilers, seems I should not bother with s3, can't be bothered if those things happen

joined Sep 11, 2014

Ymir's death is somehow made worse by the fact that it basically happens offscreen. It's mentioned in an offhand comment, and another character has a flashback about it later, but for such an interesting character, with such a significant name, her actual death is given almost no emotional or dramatic weight whatsoever.

Rather than dying, it's more like she was written out of the story, and the author killed her off as an afterthought because he still needed her blood more than he needed her character. The connection she had built up with Historia gets unceremoniously dropped because the author wants a whole new character to have her power instead.

The fact that Historia also hasn't been a major character in forever makes me super suspicious, too. Like, the only two members of the old recon corp to get unceremoniously pushed out of the story happen to be the couple fans latched onto for being super gay? Hmm. It could just be a coincidence, but it's a pretty unfortunate one, at that.

Anyway that's why Ymir/Christa fanart is the most tragic shit ever and even when it's great it makes me want to cry, the end.

All I could think about was the trope "Bury Your Gays".

Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

He likely didn't realise Ymir and Historia would become as popular as they did after the arc he wrote. He was gonna kill Sasha off when she encountered the Titan while protecting the little girl and chose against it after seeing how much his editor loved her. It's sad really, since just about every side character in the manga is more interesting than Eren, Mikasa and Armin. I'm still pissed Armin survived while Erwin died.

416213._sx1280_ql80_ttd_(2)
joined May 3, 2017

Aw man, that really blows. There goes my plan to catch up on the manga anytime soon.

To reply you must either login or sign up.