Forum › Hakumei & Mikochi discussion

BokujouMonogatari
joined Aug 27, 2017

this is so awesome, but i really hate the yuri bait, come on, give me a mini yuri family or nothing pls. But to be honest, the atmosphere in this is really ...nostalgia? 1 of the best SoL i ever read, 9/10. should rate 10/10 if not the yuri bate, sometimes bestfriend is fine.
DS has lot of manga i havent read yet. Should dig more.

last edited at Oct 26, 2017 10:43PM

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

I really wouldn't call it yuri bait, they're just two women living together. Platonic friendships are fine, and I'm saying that as a big yuri fan. Yuri bait would've been if there was any kind of will-they-won't-they, and the closest to that has been when they were mistaken for a married couple once and their adorable bug neighbor kinda wondered what their relationship was. If you had read it on some other site, it probably wouldn't even have bothered you, but you (understandably) expect there to be more because it's on a yuri site.

I liked this chapter, the whole boys night/girls night thing is fun. It's also interesting that this is the first mention of interspecies couples, and it seems society is fine with them.

last edited at Oct 27, 2017 8:01AM

joined Jun 30, 2015

Everyone's so earnest that it's adorable. I'd happily read four or five chapters about them just corralling ideas to help them make up with each other. Or four, five, chapters of guinea pig illustrations, that'd work too.

BokujouMonogatari
joined Aug 27, 2017

I really wouldn't call it yuri bait, they're just two women living together. Platonic friendships are fine, and I'm saying that as a big yuri fan. Yuri bait would've been if there was any kind of will-they-won't-they, and the closest to that has been when they were mistaken for a married couple once and their adorable bug neighbor kinda wondered what their relationship was. If you had read it on some other site, it probably wouldn't even have bothered you, but you (understandably) expect there to be more because it's on a yuri site.

I liked this chapter, the whole boys night/girls night thing is fun. It's also interesting that this is the first mention of interspecies couples, and it seems society is fine with them.

ya, looks like my words were too harsh, but since i know 2 girls can love each other, het romance seem uhm.. gross? I know, i know that way of thinking is so wrong, but it's like i am brainwashed. Back to the story, the couples in recent chapters are so adorable, i still cant like het things but i dont hate them, maybe coz they are not "human"? Kawaii sure can cure everything i guess.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm in a similar relationship with my roommate. Close and supportive, but not romantic in any way. And yes, people have mistaken us for being married just like them.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

And I'm still not 1005 sure if the president actually mistook them for a lesbian couple, as it's implied he might have actually thought Hakumei was a guy. Which I can sort of cut him some slack for: aside from the occasional facial hair, the males and females of this species (5 volumes in, and we still don't know what they call themselves) look very similar.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

"IMPORTANT NOTE: Yes, this is chapter 39. No, that does not mean we skipped a chapter! The last chapter before this one is chapter 34! The reason why the numbering changed is because we switched to using magazine scans, and the chapter numbering used in the magazine releases of H&M and the tankobon releases is different. I believe that’s because for multi-part stories (like the Honey Home arc), they are numbered as multiple parts of one chapter (15.1, 15.2, 15.3…) in the tank release and as separate chapters (15, 16, 17, etc) in the magazine release. Or maybe not! It beats me!

Either way, we are going to switch to magazine numbering from now on because we’re using the magazine releases and we don’t want to try and guess how Takuto is going to number each chapter in the tankobon release. Sorry for any confusion!"

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Hakumei looks adorable with her hair tied back <3

Yuri
joined Aug 16, 2016

oh god i'm enjoying the anime so much

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I'm a little disappointed that the song with Konju was just the ending theme, but it was a really nice episode.
It's kind of weird too how they're rearranging the various chapters. So far we have:
Ep 1: Ch. 1, Ch. 6
Ep 2: Ch. 2, Ch. 3, Ch. 23
I'm guessing the next ep will probably have 4, 5, and maybe 7. Get their new house and introduce Iwashi.

BokujouMonogatari
joined Aug 27, 2017

top manga. great anime, what a time to be alive.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

ep3 the carpenter implying they're a couple? rather than just roomates?

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I hope they don't finish it with that long mint julep story and go further - I can't wait to hear Koharu's voice acting. I hope she'll be super-cutesy.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I'll be fairly satisfied as long as we get to see Koharu and Jada. I'd love to see the entire manga animated, though. It's been so good so far <3

edit:
As many times as I've read this, it took rewatching the first anime episode over and over for me to realize..there's a talking penguin at the sailors' market. So it's not that birds can't talk in their world, only certain types. I'm so confused~

last edited at Feb 13, 2018 11:25AM

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

And now we have Jada! Her voice is very different from what I was expecting, but I like it!

(also, Koharu is in a piece of offical art from the anime, so we'll almost certainly be seeing her soon)

edit: Looks like chapters 8 and 21 (Warm Hearth and Gambling + Screw and Bed) are gonna be in an OVA included in one of the boxsets.

last edited at Feb 16, 2018 6:14PM

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Omg, both Koharu stories and Mimi in one episode!

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Surprisingly, Honey Home story fit into just one episode, I expected two...That means, more stories to see!

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

So many cute hairstyles in the new chapter! Mikochi is almost unrecognizable without her hime cut, wow.

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Mikochi looked a bit like her sister in this chapter

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Welp, the anime is over, and I'm actually a bit satisfied. I loved seeing all the characters again and hearing a bit more of the end theme.

And some news I just saw: Yen Press has licensed the manga! Now if we could get some Nendoroids of the two, my year would be made.

joined Dec 4, 2016

I regret reading the manga before anime.

BokujouMonogatari
joined Aug 27, 2017

i need my 9 cm lesbian, why they give me a cool guys?

The_Dog_Lives
Rnbl
joined Sep 2, 2013

Yes! A Jada chapter!

joined Jun 30, 2015

I didn't like how they re-arranged the chapters in the anime either.

I'm probably being too picky, but the fact that Hakumei meeting Iwashi and Hakumei getting accepted by the chairman was separated by only one episode made me feel that it was a bit too compacted. Which might've been a necessity, given the number of episodes they had to work with, but still. I had an impression that Hakumei and Iwashi were working together for awhile before Iwashi formally recommended her to the chairman, which is how Hakumei's name in the carpenter's union got spread. Before that Hakumei was the new guy in town, and Michiko was introducing her to everything.

Also since when Michiko have a thing against bugs? She spends more than a few chapters riding on beetles that delivers her stuff and transports her to places.

last edited at May 6, 2018 1:11AM

joined Dec 4, 2016

I changed my mind. Turn out alot of het ship in this manga, it's all my fault.

To reply you must either login or sign up.