Forum › Anime season

joined Dec 4, 2016

Are all Yuus just bound to suffer? Halfway through Koizumi-san and she has shown nothing but emotions for ramen. I know that's the point of the show, but Yuu sure is fighting to contradict it, in vain.

Why. I think Yuu enjoy herself just fine, stalking Koizumi is good enough for her.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Tama having 2 yuri grandmas lets us know the Kirara-verse has IPS technology,

Good news for the Sakura trick girls!

joined Dec 4, 2016

Takunomi is pretty good. I enjoy the show for what it is, even without subtext or yuri content.

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

what the hell is happening is fate last encore... this episode was bad

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Slow start was super gay this week! Not just Eiko and Kamu - did you see how they slept? But Tama-chan was even gayer with that dating game etc! Also I wanted to ask about how she lives with BOTH her Grandma's right?

How did that come about? I totally got the impression they were a couple - anyone else? At a guess one of them is not actuary a grandma but the others partner, who she just calls that.

p.s Kamu is voiced by the same actress who did Kanna (Kamu)i from Kobayashi's dragon maid right? They sound very similar.

last edited at Feb 13, 2018 12:26PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

How did that come about? I totally got the impression they were a couple - anyone else?

Yeah, I think everyone would think that.

joined Jan 21, 2015

Also I wanted to ask about how she lives with BOTH her Grandma's right?

How did that come about? I totally got the impression they were a couple - anyone else? At a guess one of them is not actuary a grandma but the others partner, who she just calls that.

They're both her grandmothers (from her mother's and her father's side), but that information is a small note in the margins of a manga page so I think we should all feel free to consider that Tama lives with her yuri grandmas.

p.s Kamu is voiced by the same actress who did Kanna (Kamu)i from Kobayashi's dragon maid right? They sound very similar.

Yup.

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

Are all Yuus just bound to suffer? Halfway through Koizumi-san and she has shown nothing but emotions for ramen. I know that's the point of the show, but Yuu sure is fighting to contradict it, in vain.

Why. I think Yuu enjoy herself just fine, stalking Koizumi is good enough for her.

She still gets upset after being rejected, though. Not that it really matters considering Koizumi is ramensexual and Yuu's obsession is for the comedy effect, but still.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

TB posted:

Yup.

Imagine being the seiyu like "I just finished character; purple hair loli that speaks with few words and likes to eat! let's see what's new in my career... A purple hair loli that speaks with few words... and likes to eat, but check this out, this one... is human"

Also another very emotional character for A place further than the Universe! THANK YOU MADHOUSE!

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

TB posted:

Yup.

Imagine being the seiyu like "I just finished character; purple hair loli that speaks with few words and likes to eat! let's see what's new in my career... A purple hair loli that speaks with few words... and likes to eat, but check this out, this one... is human"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocg62MF9A84

last edited at Feb 14, 2018 10:21AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nevri posted:

Serenata posted:

TB posted:

Yup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocg62MF9A84

Yup! pretty much Kanna is a new case.

WOW Slow star really took it to another level this week, it was soooooooo good SO GOOD!!!

joined Jan 21, 2015

On Märchen Mädchen, the main character literally rewrote the ending of Cinderella so that Cinderella didn't end up with the prince. I had a good laugh about it but it was actually a great idea!

Slow Start: The mangaka was hyped for this week's episode and sure enough, it was because it focused on what I would argue is the manga's main appeal. It was good. Since most of the yuri we get is either subtext or more on the cute side I'm not used to seeing sexual tension in anime form. I'd actually recommend watching this episode even if you're not following the show.

%d0%91%d0%b5%d0%b7-%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%b5%d0%bd%d0%b8-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

Slow Start is seriously dangerous. I never had an urge to rewatch whole episode just after its ending.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I can't believe that Blanco was memed into existence in Dragon Ball

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 7:37PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Kyonne posted:

I had the dumbest laugh at the dumbest comic today http://i.4cdn.org/a/1518894412217.png

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Huh, yeah, that was easily the best episode of Slow Start so far

The stuff involving Eiko really feels like it should be it's own story, though. It's just so disconnected from the rest of the series

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hylarn posted:

The stuff involving Eiko really feels like it should be it's own story, though. It's just so disconnected from the rest of the series

Maybe it was the main plot, a harem girl falls for a teacher who is not interested (...yet?)and lewd things happen, and then the editor said "too strong for kirara!" so they made it a side dish and instead we get a very average main character worrying probably for nothing at the end of the day.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Yay, another goddamn recolour

Maybe it was the main plot, a harem girl falls for a teacher who is not interested (...yet?)and lewd things happen, and then the editor said "too strong for kirara!" so they made it a side dish and instead we get a very average main character worrying probably for nothing at the end of the day.

Eh, it really feels like this part was created later. Eiko was introduced with Kamu, and this whole thing is a bit too tonally dissonant

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Hylarn posted:

A yuri magazine would be Hakka-ya's true calling.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

It was super good! It felt more like a yuri anime than a slice-of-life!

And Gintama's latest episode... wow. That was a lot of Penises.

last edited at Feb 19, 2018 4:08AM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Thinking about how Hellshake Yano is one of the most entertaining & creative things to come out of anime.

last edited at Feb 19, 2018 5:14AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

One last none yuri point for Slow start 7 - Did anyone notice the problem with the teachers giant clock / art piece?

Whoever drew it doesn't know roman numerals very well lol.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Gudetamago posted:

Thinking about how Hellshake Yano is one of the most entertaining & creative things to come out of anime.

That's AMAZING

About the clock, the same thing happened with one of the latest episodes of Shakugan no Shana, it was a xmas date I think? and there was a big tower with a clock and IIII

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

My understanding is that using IIII instead of IV for clocks is an older style that remains common in Japan

joined Nov 26, 2017

This has been one of my favorite Manga novels. It’s a typical story of a girl who is so timid and a popular boy. Sawako kind of remind me of not just Sadako of The Ring, but so as Sunako Nakahara of Yamato Nadeshiko. My favorite part is when they have found a dog with a red leash
on their way to school. They have adopted him and named him Maru and that is where their friendship begins. It is actually a typical love story wherein Mr. Popular meets Ms. Nobody. I am still waiting for the continuation of the story as the last update from Karuho Shiina as I don’t think that the story is not yet finish.

last edited at Feb 21, 2018 5:49PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.