Forum › Saki discussion

joined Apr 1, 2017

Playing Mahjong is easy to understand, the actual hard part is calculating score when you win. As for this manga, you probably shouldn't read too much into a setting where lesbians use JoJo level superpowers to play harmless games with no real stakes.

Ritz needs to finish this already so we can get back to the damn main plot instead of just upgrading everyone's tits every chapter.

K2
joined May 22, 2014

Finally next week the last chapter before the finals. So many years of waiting

Hopefully Ritz already has it drawn and there won't be long delays from here on out

last edited at Oct 9, 2017 3:52AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

It looks overly complex to me. It's fine and all. But I'm not willing to pay that entry fee.

Personally I found it funny before I got the rules. Then I started playing mahjong in the Yakuza games, just to kind of figure it out (digital mahjong is easy to play as it won't let you make illegal moves). It does emphasize the incredulity of what they are doing - I've got precisely 1 rinshan kaihou, ever. Getting two in a row would be like winning some lottery - and that's why I like the audience reactions in the earlier matches quite a bit. They are great to show that.

But I don't think you really need to know the rules for the manga. Those later matches that don't involve Saki are hard to care about, either way. Also, the series changed from "one or two people are crazy" to "everybody has superpowers!" ^^;

joined Mar 17, 2017

whats the scottish fold boobs power again?

joined Mar 17, 2017

Still dumbfounded every time I read a Saki chapter. What the hell are they playing so seriously like their life depends on it?

I think to really appreciate this manga, you need at least to learn the basics of Mahjong.

It looks overly complex to me. It's fine and all. But I'm not willing to pay that entry fee.

I understood Sangatsu no Lion's shogi and Hikaru no Go better than this jargon.

mahjong is a VERY intense game, every tile you discard you just pray "please dont ron me!" x10 especially when opponent is riichi or you know they are in tenpai or when you are the one riichi and have to discard all the tiles you draw no matter what until you get your winning tile.
just learn it, besides the calculation score, it's pretty easy to learn and really fun to play

last edited at Oct 9, 2017 4:44AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015
Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Kinky.

The "no chapter next issue" part? More denial play? Personally I'd claim it stopped being a fun tease 3 years ago ...

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

... Well we already knew before, but that first page really confirms the no panties thing, eh?

joined Feb 1, 2015

Sorry, minor tweak in page 15: "I can go in pursuit by discarding a perfectly safe tile...!!"
She's specifically referring to the 7-man, which is the tile Mairu discarded before.
I just updated the version on my blog.

last edited at Dec 2, 2017 1:00PM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

This is like "just in case there was someone left in denial" episode... There's not even a slightly intent to hide it anymore hahaha and oh yeah there was also a match going on I think? just kidding, I'm really excited to see the captain's match

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

The captain's match? What, already? I am worried Ritz is rushing things here.

In all seriousness though, literally the only reason I still bother with this is because I want the Miyanaga sisters backstory. Too many characters, I have no idea who is who anymore, the mahjong (which I enjoyed very much in the beginning) became ridiculous with all the 'powers' and rare hands all the time. And, of course, the glacial pace of the whole thing.

I just want to see Teru reconnecting with her imouto... ;_;

Edit: Though, on second look, the first page is kind of glorious. Strategically placed tie. Alright, you get points, Ritz. Cheap points, but points nonetheless.

last edited at Dec 2, 2017 3:23PM

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

This is like "just in case there was someone left in denial" episode...

My very same thoughts after the first page.

joined Aug 23, 2013

That first page tho

last edited at Dec 4, 2017 1:08PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Imagine a world where everyone goes commando.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/saki_ch182#7 : "It's all the government's fault"

Wat?

last edited at Dec 5, 2017 10:39AM

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

The skirts are getting shorter, and the boobs are getting bigger. The story is still progressing at a snail's pace. I'm getting disappointed.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

Imagine a world where everyone goes commando.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/saki_ch182#7 : "It's all the government's fault"

Wat?

Its a government conspiracy against Shindouji.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Those boob physics on page 12 ... well, I suppose in a bra-less universe.

I'm really only following to see whether she'll accidentally draw underwear on someone at some point.
Oh yeah, and to see Saki vs Teru ...oh,wait, they aren't playing each other in the team finals. So sometimes in the single tournament final in 2028.

Stay stronk.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

I'm questioning whether the manga should even be titled Saki at this point... When was the last time we saw her (play)?

%d0%91%d0%b5%d0%b7-%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%b5%d0%bd%d0%b8-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

I'm questioning whether the manga should even be titled Saki at this point... When was the last time we saw her (play)?

Ahah. It is so true.
I miss times when this manga was about girl with name Saki and her school club. You cant even follow story at this point, I mean, is there even a story? So many characters. Why main cast is not used anymore. Chapters are short. It would be okay, if battles were 2 chapters max long. But wth is this...

Kinda disappointing.

Now I fast travel through chapters just for info about big sis reason. You all know what I am talking about. I bet only this keeps most of us here.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

... and it's going to be tremendously disappointing when we learn what that whole Saki/Teru drama is about. It can't possibly be as a good as a decade of anticipation would imply ;)

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

The battles would be more interesting if there wasn't a 1,5 year between the release of the vanguard match and the captain match, and I didn't already forget how the score kept changing during that time. But we are finally at the captain match, so if we are lucky they'll throw us a bone with the Saki/Teru situation before they start the final. Even if they don't, they'll at least show more of Teru and the main cast during the match this year. :)

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

It's over? The finals are actually in sight? I never thought this day would come!

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

Playing Mahjong is easy to understand, the actual hard part is calculating score when you win. As for this manga, you probably shouldn't read too much into a setting where lesbians use JoJo level superpowers to play harmless games with no real stakes.

Ritz needs to finish this already so we can get back to the damn main plot instead of just upgrading everyone's tits every chapter.

"Ritz needs to finish this shit already"
Icouldn't agree more dude, ure fucking Right!
Imean, it's been 84 years already nd yet we still didn't really get anywhere u know lol

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Fucking finally!

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Is this real life? Will I finally be able to read about characters I actually care about soon?

To reply you must either login or sign up.