Tbh this is exactly how I am with hugging my dog

You make out with your dog?

Capture
joined Feb 5, 2017

How long must i wait for the vn to get an English translation D:

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Kotonoha Amrilato~

I played this game around a month ago and wanted to translate it, hah. I have the script extracted (shh), but I can't for the life of me do any programming, which has proved to be problematic. (If anyone wants to hmu, let me know ;))

Rin's hentai side is really showing in this doujin though. :^)

Also, for anyone in interested in the game, Juliamo (a portmanteau of "yuri" and "amo", which literally means "yuri love") is a parody of Esperanto, as mentioned in the notes section, but learning the language is not essential to progressing with the story. While Kotonoha Amrilato incorporates all of these mini-games to help you learn the language, you actually have the option to skip it altogether. The idea of learning a new language in a visual novel can be off-putting at first, especially with all of the weird letters in the alphabet, but the main reason why it's there is for the characters and their story.

It's super cute, and although it's a bit plain, I'd highly recommend checking it out. Ruka is adorable, and Rin is an absolute riot.

last edited at Jan 16, 2018 9:24PM

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

The game seems really cute! I remember hearing about it on the Korean side of twitter a while ago, but guess I just completely forgot about it, haha.

last edited at Jan 16, 2018 9:54PM

545be4200a30c5abe156ef8a90933007
joined Dec 1, 2017

Pretty surprised to see this VN getting attention, i am happy!

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

An actual Kotonoha Amrilato doujin, here.
My life is complete.

I can't for the life of me do any programming, which has proved to be problematic. (If anyone wants to hmu, let me know ;))

What specifically are you having trouble with? Putting the text back in, encoding troubles, font display troubles, transforming it into a more convenient form for TL?

Also, I would imagine this to be a little annoying to translate, given that Rin often makes remarks on how Japanese works differently, and with English and Esperanto being much more similar than Japanese and Esperanto.

Sailor%20moon%20crystal%20-%2027.mkv_snapshot_18.10_[2016.04.14_00.25.11]
joined Jul 21, 2015

I played Kotonoha Amrilato a month ago and it still got me hooked up because I could actually learn Esperanto (through Japanese but that's okay) via VN. Then I started to look up Russian and realise that Esperanto is actually quite an easy one once you grasp the vocabulary and the grammar.

Seeing an actual Amrilato doujin might have been one thing I didn't expect let alone for it to be posted in Dynasty. I'm still thinking how the scene in this doujin would fit in the actual story.

last edited at Jan 17, 2018 9:59AM

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

Actually, Ludwik Lejzer Zamenhof was Polish who spoke native Russian, besides just knowing a hell of a lot of (mostly European) languages, so there are quite a number similarities with Slavic languages as well as Western European ones. As a native Russian speaker myself who learned some German a lifetime ago, it was indeed rather easy for me to pick up a number of words and basic grammar as I was playing the game.

14cfe1a9-a4f3-4cf0-9523-8f2b4dae54e8
joined Sep 4, 2017

Ahhh cute af

joined Dec 10, 2017

Kotonoha Amrilato~

I played this game around a month ago and wanted to translate it, hah. I have the script extracted (shh), but I can't for the life of me do any programming, which has proved to be problematic. (If anyone wants to hmu, let me know ;))

Rin's hentai side is really showing in this doujin though. :^)

Also, for anyone in interested in the game, Juliamo (a portmanteau of "yuri" and "amo", which literally means "yuri love") is a parody of Esperanto, as mentioned in the notes section, but learning the language is not essential to progressing with the story. While Kotonoha Amrilato incorporates all of these mini-games to help you learn the language, you actually have the option to skip it altogether. The idea of learning a new language in a visual novel can be off-putting at first, especially with all of the weird letters in the alphabet, but the main reason why it's there is for the characters and their story.

It's super cute, and although it's a bit plain, I'd highly recommend checking it out. Ruka is adorable, and Rin is an absolute riot.

How do you skip the language in the game

Muveil22
joined Feb 26, 2017

My life is complete.

Pretty surprised to see this VN getting attention, i am happy!

Seeing an actual Amrilato doujin might have one thing I didn't expect let alone for it to be posted in Dynasty. I'm still thinking how the scene in this doujin would fit in the actual story.

Happy to know that people enjoy this. I found more but didn't have the time to work on them yet. Also a 28p long doujinshi. Not sure if I should ask for help about that one.
I suppose it takes place sometime at the end, before the ending where they grew up and decide to stay in the parallel world. The other ending where they get back to their world doesn't make much sense here since they have Juliamo on TV.
Glad to see some people here who've played the game too.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

I've never been more grateful for a TL note page. That just answered all of my questions. Hopefully the game gets licensed - it will also be awesome if fan translated. I'll take anything.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

My life is complete.

I can't for the life of me do any programming, which has proved to be problematic. (If anyone wants to hmu, let me know ;))

What specifically are you having trouble with? Putting the text back in, encoding troubles, font display troubles, transforming it into a more convenient form for TL?

Also, I would imagine this to be a little annoying to translate, given that Rin often makes remarks on how Japanese works differently, and with English and Esperanto being much more similar than Japanese and Esperanto.

Yeah, putting text back in. I'm absolutely illiterate when it comes to tech, to be honest.

They do explain how to use Esperanto in Japanese, so it's not that bad. I basically skipped the Esperanto mini-games, but I still managed to understand what things meant based off of Rin's remarks (obviously, I couldn't keep up with Rei or Ruka though... thankfully, they have translations after your first clear). Almost, if not, every time Rin makes a mistake, it gets cleared up by Ruka as well.

@z471: I'm basing this off of my memory, but I believe it's the last option in the config menu. There's a button that says "I'm busy, I'll do it later" for the mini-games.

last edited at Jan 17, 2018 11:30AM

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

What did you use to extract the scenario?

Found a tool for you that works with Amrilato: https://github.com/xmoeproject/KrkrExtract - instructions at https://xmoeproject.github.io/KrkrExtract/

In short:
* Make sure to download the latest game patches
* Download a zip of the repository
* Throw KrkrExtract.exe, KrkrExtract.dll and KrkrFilePacker.exe in KrkrExtract/Release/ into the game folder
* Change your locale to Japanese if you haven't (Locale emulator won't help)
* Drag kotonoha.exe on KrkrExtract.exe
* Drag patch.xp3 (it overwrites everything or almost everything in scenario.xp3) inside the window, files will be extracted to a folder KrkrExtract_Output in the game folder
* Edit *.ks scripts
* Select the KrkrExtract_Output/patch folder in KrkrExtract, select patch.xp3 as source archive, patch2.xp3 as destination archive
* Run the game, check results

You can also backup and remove patch.xp3 and rename patch2.xp3 to patch.xp3.

If KrkrExtract crashes or misbehaves, right-click on it, Properties, try setting "Run as administrator" in "Compatibility" tab and/or try Windows 7 compatibility. It's a bit buggy, I had to use admin mode for extraction and non-admin for packing files back due to different bugs.

(I'll also note that I'm generally available for help, I know some moon and some coding)

last edited at Jan 17, 2018 3:53PM

Muveil22
joined Feb 26, 2017

@Seira: if you need any help with VNs, you can try ask the fuwanovel (https://forums.fuwanovel.net/) community too. I'm not deeply involved with the community there but I believe there's a good chance to get some members like hacker, editor or QCer over there. Good thing Kotonoha Amrilato uses the KiriKiri engine and not some self-developed one.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

@Artemiy: Thank you. I will give it another try when I get home. When I attempted it before (putting the updated patch.xp3 back and the whatnot), it worked the first time, but not on subsequent tries. It would tell me something about ASCII and Unicode (again, computer illiterate, hah), so I went into every single .ks file and saved it as Unicode. Still didn't work, sadly. For the most part, I've got the unpacking and repacking down though.

Although if you (or anyone else) want to get in touch, I frequently use Discord at Mayuri#0089.

EDIT: I've tried my hand at it again, but I'm still getting some errors related to being unable to read the script due to certain characters. I'm no longer getting the "you can't mix ASCII and Unicode together!" error, but something else entirely. I made a post on Fuwa about it just now to see what kind of answers I might get, haha. For the time being, I can just translate until I can get this fixed, ahh.

@Catria: I could definitely give Fuwanovel a try once I'm home. Yeah, thankfully lots of krkr extraction and repacking resources exist, haha.

last edited at Jan 18, 2018 3:35AM

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

@Seira: You need to save files with the Shift-JIS encoding (a.k.a. cp932), I would presume. If you use e.g. Notepad++, it automatically recognizes it and saves the file correctly. I think Sublime can do it as well with a Convert​To​UTF8 plugin installed.

The error you're getting seems to mention the apostrophe symbol, but I just tried ' and " and it works perfectly fine when saved as Shift-JIS.

Also, well done getting Crage to work, I had some trouble with that one until it worked for me.

last edited at Jan 18, 2018 10:40AM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

@Seira: You need to save files with the Shift-JIS encoding (a.k.a. cp932), I would presume. If you use e.g. Notepad++, it automatically recognizes it and saves the file correctly. I think Sublime can do it as well with a Convert​To​UTF8 plugin installed.

Yes, I'm using Notepad++, but the game is giving me an unable to launch due to an unknown character (" or ' or ,) error ;(

Dynasty_shii4
joined Jun 18, 2013

Try manually setting the encoding to Shift-JIS in Notepad++ if it shows something different on the bottom right.

Otherwise, try unpacking and repacking the original patch.xp3 and run the game. If it doesn't run, the the problem is on the repacking side - perhaps it's not getting encrypted and the game expects it to be. In that case you can either try KrkrExtract to repack - it most definitely works - or unpack and repack every xp3 and remove xp3dec.tpm, which should make the game accept unencrypted xp3-s.

Edit, for posterity: I fiddled around, and kotonoha.exe also contains some scripts inside so for going full unencrypted it needs to be extracted as well and rebuilt with Kirikiri official tools. That also lets you translate the... grand total of six game window's menu items.

last edited at Jan 18, 2018 1:15PM

joined Dec 4, 2015

Does anyone know where i can download this for free ?

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

(Ignore the 訳 part - I still haven't figured out how to remove the character from the script :P)

It's working! Huzzah! Making progress!

last edited at Jan 20, 2018 1:34AM

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

Does anyone know where i can download this for free ?

If you mean the game, I do have download link for it in case you need it.

@Artemiy I'm trying to mess around with the tool but it's kinda confusing for non-IT-ppl like me... Would you mind if I ask you to do a quick image tutorial or something like that?

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Man, I want this game to be licensed, but at the same time, I don't want MangaGamer to axe my silly little translation project like, tomorrow or something, LOL.

To reply you must either login or sign up.