Forum › Citrus discussion

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Sweet, new chapter.

I don't really see like unnecessary drama since Yuzu and Mei really have to work out their issues and I think than Matsuri will help to that (I still stand by my estatment of Mei's dad being an dick though), welp now to wait another two months for more.

Still creating a character just for plot purposes is a big NO for me

Adding new elements for the sake of prolonging it's own existence is how mangas lose their spark.
(For me this one never had a spark tho...)

last edited at Apr 9, 2014 11:31AM

%d0%a1%d0%bd%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%be%d0%ba
joined Nov 10, 2013

Actually, I like this new girl much more than Mei. At least she is being sincere with her feelings.
I'd like if it was a romance between Yuzu and Matsuri, but, of course, this will never happen.

last edited at Apr 9, 2014 11:36AM

Sensei
joined Nov 28, 2011

NO! NO! NO! STAY AWAY! WTH MATSURI?! STAY AWAY! NO ONE WANTS YOU! GTFO! Yuzu telling Mei she'd cook wtv Mei wanted was so cute ;____; <3 OTP. STAY AWAY MATSURI! STOP ADDING MORE DRAMA! AS IF THEY DON'T HAVE ENOUGH ALREADY!

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Sweet, new chapter.

I don't really see like unnecessary drama since Yuzu and Mei really have to work out their issues and I think than Matsuri will help to that (I still stand by my estatment of Mei's dad being an dick though), welp now to wait another two months for more.

Adding new elements for the sake of prolonging it's own existence is how mangas lose their spark.

Not trying to be an smartass but not every character is created for plot purposes?

Besides guys, we don't really now what is thinking the author to claim than Matsuri was a last moment addition to pad the story. I'd say that we just have to chill and keep reading.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Sweet, new chapter.

Pretty much, and the reason i say she is a plot character is because she is EXACTLY THE SAME as every other yuri plot character used to create drama ever:

things are going at a steady (but slow) pace for 2 leads "better seduce one of them causing drama!
One of them doesn't want to admit their feelings "Better kiss the other mc right in front of the denial one because drama"
I was secretly helping the mc's all along, you all like me now right?

she is just so generic >.<

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Sweet, new chapter.

Not trying to be an smartass but not every character is created for plot purposes?

Besides guys, we don't really now what is thinking the author to claim than Matsuri was a last moment addition to pad the story. I'd say that we just have to chill and keep reading.

NO a good character exists for more than just plot, they grow and feel alive, they are not just a plot tool they are a person

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Actually, I like this new girl much more than Mei. At least she is being sincere with her feelings.
I'd like if it was a romance between Yuzu and Matsuri, but, of course, this will never happen.

Did you not read the previous chapter?

All she wants is to get in the middle of couples and break them apart.

Why? Because drama!...

-_- ugh I am pissing myself off, time to drop this generic crap.

last edited at Apr 9, 2014 11:40AM

joined Mar 29, 2013

I think things are getting better. After how many months of waiting. worth the wait and still looking forward to the next one. I won' get tired reading this. i absutely love this one. :))

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

TBH i wasn't paying attention to that so she just went from generic yuri plot character to generic yuri villain character.....yay?

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

TBH i wasn't paying attention to that so she just went from generic yuri plot character to generic yuri villain character.....yay?

FOR DRAMA

joined Mar 12, 2014

HOLY SHOOOES! AN UPDATE! YAYY! SENSING LOVE TRIANGLE SOON! I agree I like Matsuri being sincere with her feelings but idk if I can like her tho. btw she's really pretty and cool..
oh man this gonna take hundred years to update again T.T

joined Mar 29, 2013

Saburato's art + the story. so unressistable.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

FOR DRAMA

When will yuri manga learn: drama is good......when it is set up, executed and handled well, otherwise it comes off as forced so readers will not get bored plus why the extra drama? there was already enough with the denial plot in the first place!
Ugh now im reminded of aoi hana's "lets go on a break because i just now have doubts about us for no reason!"

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Well, the "first arc" is done, it really looks like that chick was added to be the driving point of a new arc, her addition plus Mei being a pain in the buttocks once again really gives me a bad vibe

She did look wicked in chapter 8, but is that really implied?

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

NO a good character exists for more than just plot, they grow and feel alive, they are not just a plot tool they are a person

We've seen the character for just one chapter is way too soon to assure if will only be a plot tool. Take Mizu-chi or the Vice President, they've gotten character development since their first appearances.

I can understand if you don't like this series but you're jumping the gun dismissing every development like worthless and mere padding (it could be of course but we won't know for sure until the series is finished). Personally I like this series because the characters feel realistic, heck, I've known people just like Yuzu or Mei on school.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

girls school! girls school! tired of that cliche. at coed school there's both gguys&ggirls!

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

She did look wicked in chapter 8, but is that really implied?

Honestly... it's very easy to tell >_>

Lol, now I see how this manga has so many pages of comments... xD

last edited at Apr 9, 2014 11:51AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Honestly... it's very easy to tell >_>

Well i... Whatever

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

We've seen the character for just one chapter is way too soon to assure if will only be a plot tool. Take Mizu-chi or the Vice President, they've gotten character development since their first appearances.

I can understand if you don't like this series but you're jumping the gun dismissing every development like worthless and mere padding (it could be of course but we won't know for sure until the series is finished). Personally I like this series because the characters feel realistic, heck, I've known people just like Yuzu or Mei on school.

I'm basing this off the character i see, and believe me i have seen this character HUNDREDS of times, its the go to for yuri, hell even yaoi writers if they want to cause drama easily, the character RARELY (and i mean very rarely) becomes anything more than a wrench in the gears and is just sort of left ok with everything at the end of the series, sure there have been time where the wrench actually DID care for one of the MC's but staying nothing but a wrench still was there even if they had slightly legit motivations beyond "im gonna fool around so they can
A) get together (if the good type)
B) Split up (villain type)
C) I dont care i just want to fool around (Basic chaos type)
D) This was just a test by some cosmic power (this is more common than you think -_-)

joined Dec 18, 2013

SO
FUCKING
BORING
0/10 points for originality

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

SO
FUCKING
BORING
0/10 points for originality

That is a little harsh it gets a 7/10, good but could use work at least its a lot less gener-).......until this love triangle crap happened in which case 5/10 (Average for generic elements)

Oh btw,love triangles can also work.....when done less generically

last edited at Apr 9, 2014 12:02PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Now I'm not exactly a Yuri scholar but I've read a lot of it here and well, most Yuri is pretty generic: All-girls school, lonely MC than is smitted but a mysterious/genki classmate, drama, more drama, they finally get together and the series ends.

Citrus at least seems to be a long series and the character dynamics are interesting, the characters themselves are well defined and mainly are fun (when they're not angsting of course)

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Now I'm not exactly a Yuri scholar but I've read a lot of it here and well, most Yuri is pretty generic: All-girls school, lonely MC than is smitted but a mysterious/genki classmate, drama, more drama, they finally get together and the series ends.

Citrus at least seems to be a long series and the character dynamics are interesting, the characters themselves are well defined and mainly are fun (when they're not angsting of course)

Which is why i don't read a lot of generic yuri, see yuri can have familiar settings without being generic (akuma no riddle is set in a school and one of the leads is genki yet that is far from a generic yuri anime.......at the moment anyway......plus it has the problem of trying to be a bit TOO edgy but never mind that!)

Plus as a actual scholar on yuri i can tell you now that what you said is not (completely) true, most yuri that did this was back in the days when yuri was young and people could not think up plots that didn't scream boring at your face, now the yuri like this are fewer in number (even ST that was called generic by a ton of people didn't do this as both girls could be described as energetic (haruka a little more so...also a lot more lewd) and did things quite differently)
Yuri is moving forward which is why i get annoyed when i see plot elements from 90's yuri find their way into modern yuri

joined Jun 5, 2013

Ugh, I hate love triangles. I was expecting it but I was hoping it wouldn't use such a cliche plot device. Argh.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Ugh, I hate love triangles. I was expecting it but I was hoping it wouldn't use such a cliche plot device. Argh.

Can be really called Love Triangle though?

Yuzu's so naive to realize what the hell Matsuri wants with her, Matsuri could be serious or just messing with Yuzu and this could force Mei to face her feelings towards Yuzu.

To reply you must either login or sign up.