Forum › I Want To Spoil You. discussion

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

Ah! Two from this author so close together? YES!

joined Feb 23, 2016

I liked it very much :) so cutee

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

It feels like these are doujins of Different Story rather then doujins of the final timeline.

joined May 10, 2015

It feels like these are doujins of Different Story rather then doujins of the final timeline.

Different story happens before Homura's save point.

So what happened then cannot be changed.

joined Jul 7, 2015

The Different Story isn't canon to the anime and movies. It's an alternate timeline that adapts events from a Drama CD.

last edited at Oct 11, 2017 9:51PM

joined May 10, 2015

The Different Story isn't canon to the anime and movies. It's an alternate timeline that adapts events from a Drama CD.

Even though Different Story is not canon, the Drama CDs are, and the first issue of DS is pretty faithful to the CD.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Even though Different Story is not canon, the Drama CDs are, and the first issue of DS is pretty faithful to the CD.

The PSP game, which was written by Urobuchi too, also corraborates with this fact.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Personally I don't see why whether it's canon in the sense that it's part of the main storyline matters in the first place. It's still an official work, the characters exist there and have a connection to each other, therefore they're 100% valid.

And, of course, eminently shippable.

joined Jul 7, 2015

Boy, wouldn't it be sweet if Sunny Day Life was canon.
Farewell Story was written by Masaki Hiramatsu. Whom also wrote the screenplay for Memories of You. There isn't an explicit answer to whether the CD's are canon or not. Just that they're official to the franchise. Consider everything official canon if you would. But remember, dare I mention that there's a terrible Christmas cake Mami spin-off that's officially published.

The PSP game, which was written by Urobuchi too, also corraborates with this fact.

And the PSP game had a route where Mami becomes an Idol and Sayaka confesses to Kyousuke.

Nez, don't get me wrong. The argument is on canon, shipping has nothing to do with it.

last edited at Oct 12, 2017 4:26PM

joined May 10, 2015

For me, if it's from an official source, I consider canon. However, sometimes they are clearly intended as a joke (Ume's 4komas), or creates inconsistencies/paradoxes/contradictions, so I mostly have to consider case by case.

In the end, it doesn't matter. Unless an official source says if it is canon or not, no one can be sure.

To reply you must either login or sign up.