Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Chikane
joined Feb 5, 2016

mpgpeg

They met at a "party for children of similar backgrounds," as stated by the Team Gaji in an extra episode available on Lezhin.

The way they fell in love has yet to be revealed. Although, this may have happened during the "first snow" of the winter, as hinted in the manhwa.

But those hints apparently mean nothing. XD

In which extra episode, I dont use Lezhin.(´ω`;) And yea they have hinted at it but they surely didn't show it like rest of the flashbacks ( the ring that started the break up) they showed the second part of it like how Seju obtain the ring which we could of guess but yea soooo idk expectations one may have ┐(︶▽︶)

last edited at Sep 11, 2017 11:37AM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Orochi5

It's from the "Special Episode: From the fans. From Team Gaji." which is free if you make an account on the Lezhin website or app.

And yea they have hinted at it but they surely didn't show it like rest of the flashbacks ( the ring that started the break up) they showed the second part of it like how Seju obtain the ring which we could of guess but yea soooo idk expectations one may have ┐(︶▽︶)

Haha Perhaps expectations were too high...

They did not show it. Will they? Last chapter indicates it is not as likely as I thought.

I would love to see it though. :)

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Well, I always knew Sumin will end up with Sungji. It was clear to me right from the beginning so I'm not surprised at all. Just... not like that.

Who said Seju left to USA?

joined Jun 23, 2017

Well, I always knew Sumin will end up with Sungji. It was clear to me right from the beginning so I'm not surprised at all. Just... not like that.

Boy, Izz, you say that like you think you are incredibly smart.

Don't you think most team pink fans thought that too? Because they did and they only hoped for a Seju and Sumin ending.

This was discussed many times before... "Show and not tell", but they may tell next chapter.

last edited at Sep 11, 2017 4:22PM

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Boy, Izz, you say that like you think you are incredibly smart.

Don't you think most team pink fans thought that too? Because they did and they only hoped for a Seju and Sumin ending.

Oh, so others can say they feel betrayed with this ending and I can't say I'm not surprised because I "think I'm smart"?
Some people were pretty sure the ending will be Sumin x Seju which caused many heated conversations a few months ago.

This was discussed many times before... "Show and not tell", but they may tell next chapter.

I don't think she went to USA. I think she went to her mom's villa and it's somewhere in Korea IMO. I hope we'll get to see what's in there and why her brother wanted her to go there so much. I really can't feel this story ending with the next chapter unless it's at least 50pgs long...

I guess I'll be dropping this topic. It's adding more bitterness to my already bitter mood.

last edited at Sep 11, 2017 5:16PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Some people were pretty sure the ending will be Sumin x Seju which caused many heated conversations a few months ago.

There are many team pink fans in this forum, yes, but only 3 people believed it would end Seju and Sumin, unless I'm mistaken. Nora89, Foxy lady, and me.

If you read each of their arguments, they have similar points, but also many different ones. And no, even I didn't necessarily agree with all of them. A common theme though? They cited their arguments thoroughly. Nora knows the manhwa by heart.

I posted my main reasoning recently with the collage/image. The ending was blatantly stated, but now I'm left to wonder what will come of it.

Nora89 said this before and I'd have to agree... I have yet to see one team blonde fan back up their arguments with citations and able to hold a candle to hers.

Maybe it's the optimistic part of me, but I wish to see effort rewarded. The saddest part of all this is that it hasn't. Life is unfair that way. We just have to accept it.

last edited at Sep 11, 2017 5:45PM

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

Izz
yes I feel betrayed! not because it is ending Sumingji, but it took the worst route EVER. for the 1000th time I said,
Sejumin: doesn't surprise me as an ending, but the route will surprise me
Sumingji: Surprises me in both, route and ending.

the feeling of betrayal comes from (let me phrase it nicely) the fucked up way they chose to end it. It comes from the non necessary addition of roughly 19 chapters so far from ch74 onward!

I still can not comprehend the fact that they added so many parts without using them to tie the ending or justify it.. yes yes the same ending. They chose SEX! plain and distasteful. Don't get me wrong, I love nudes.. but this is just too meaningless knowing TG this much.

please explain to me how this chapter is different from 67!! I will listen

AND while you are at it.. explain the rationale behind Sungji's decision.. why did she get so badly drunk in ch84? then questioned Sumin's feelings.. then why did she break up and then got back?? what did Sumin give her other than a finger in **** .. I am at lost of words and this is beyond explanation.

They could've chosen a better more decent way, I can come up with10 ways as we speak to end it Sumin with Sungji without making it so cringey for God's sake!

last edited at Sep 11, 2017 7:59PM

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Nora, I agree with you that the ending sucks and can be enjoyable only for hardcore Sungji fans because THEY got what they wanted. I, as a Sumin fan, got a middle finger solved with sex. That's why I'm bitter about it. But I can't feel betrayed because I knew they'll end up together. I can be pissed and bitter because at the very end Sungji had to play a stupid blondie who hurt Sumin and fixed it with sex instead of words while Seju finally did what she should've done a long time ago. I have no more explanations. I can only hope we'll see more about it and team blonde will finally talk. I'm dropping this story otherwise. Sex is cool but you can't fix what you messed up so much with it. Especially when it was used as a toxic circle between Sumin and Seju for 10 years.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Me, among other people xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Anyway, there are a few hints, but yeah, it was not stated clearly where Seju has gone =)))))

However, I believe its pointless to have Seju leave to some other cities in Seoul though. I think for Seju, she might pick up her study and started her MBA in the States, just like she used to plan long ago.

Because to be completely, totally honest, if Seju comes back and keeping being Sungji's boss, it's really a worst ending for all three, lolllllll. What kind of "From now on, you no longer have to be hurt by me anymore . Good bye, I love you" but then back to be the boss of that ex's lover and continuing waltzing around them , LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

If its really the case, TG really gives another new meaning of "good bye". Literally.

Anway, jokes aside, come on, lzz, not only your favorite character matters in this story, do you think that we, Seju's lovers, can accept the fact that Seju who still loves Sumin to no end, continues to be around the couple and torturing herself? Let her heal, let her have her time alone and let her live her life. In her case, having SuminxSungji as friends are not really sth good for her at the moment.

But werent you the person who said that its better for Seju to leave to foreign country to experience new things and living life long ago xDDDDD?

last edited at Sep 11, 2017 9:32PM

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

^I don't think it was me. I wanted her to let go, move on, find her own happiness but fix her friendship with Sumin and keep her in her life as a friend without benefits.

Seju will remain Sungji's boss unless either Sungji changes her job or Seju sells the studio.

I like Seju although she was never my number 1 so I see her case differently. I'm glad she was able to let go. I'm happy she did that because in the long run it's good for her. She can and I believe she will move on. She will find her own happiness.

As for TG giving another meaning to "goodbye"... Look what they did with Sungji's "I won't let the person I love to get hurt". It worked so well... *Sumin in that store, asking for a pack of cigarettes, she was so not hurt, not at all, a healthy, happy woman... * ugh.

last edited at Sep 11, 2017 10:13PM

Eliz
joined Jul 26, 2017

Well, I always knew Sumin will end up with Sungji. It was clear to me right from the beginning

Oh really, tell me more. Did you flip a coin like I did?

Which was what made this thread fun and 800K+ views. How many views and posts do you think we would have if everyone thinks like Izz?

last edited at Sep 11, 2017 11:15PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Which was what made this thread fun and 800K+ views.

Is that a real count of the views? If it is, how'd you know?

How many views and posts do you think we would have if everyone thinks like Izz?

You crack me up, momo. XD

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

Well, I always knew Sumin will end up with Sungji. It was clear to me right from the beginning

Oh really, tell me more. Did you flip a coin like I did?

If you're trying to be rude, you succeeded. I see everyone can share their opinion unless it's me or someone who has similar pov like me. No wonder some people stopped posting anything.

Which was what made this thread fun and 800K+ views. How many views and posts do you think we would have if everyone thinks like Izz?

I'm pretty sure 4chan would have better statistics if they didn't delete topics. And from all I know they're team blonde.

joined Jun 23, 2017

I see everyone can share their opinion unless it's me or someone who has similar pov like me.

Your opinions have changed over time. I commend you for that.

Eliz
joined Jul 26, 2017

If you're trying to be rude, you succeeded. I see everyone can share their opinion unless it's me or someone who has similar pov like me. No wonder some people stopped posting anything.

So everyone including you is allowed to ask for citations unless it is me. Remember when you asked for citations relating to the house, and I was so busy that I could not help you, and then days later, when I was free, I still remembered to reference it for you in my recent post? Well, if you were trying to be rude, you succeeded. You know what... I always knew that Sumin x sungji will end in a lame sex scene. It was clear to me right from the beginning. I am not surprised at all by the last chapter.

I don't go to 4chan, and I don't know how dynasty has anything to do with 4chan. Are they sister sites?

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I honestly don't mind to get few different opinions, from izz for example...

Nah, I also dont mind, lolll, in fact, I believe in this forum, no one minds xDDDDD, lollll. Honestly, lzz got attacked not because she has different opinions.

Hoping the author can proof my opinion wrong, with remaining 1 chapter.

xDDDD, you know, Vanbun, they have prove me completely wrong by the newest chap, lollll.

I really thought when the story ended, it would end in a very very beautiful note for whatever couple xDDDDD, either under the snowfall(oh my god, snowfall, LOOOLLL, what if last chap is about first snow together between SuminxSungji, LOL) or under some beautiful scenery or some meaningful places of that couple. I really thought that way.

Anyway, my point is, I honest thought I would witness a beautiful scene for the ending couple, whoever that is, definitely not a sex scene. Sex scene maybe is for bonus chap(?) when everything has settled.

I'm completely wrong. And I dont want them to prove me wrong anymore, loll. I would lose my remaining interest for wdtfs if they proved me wrong once again, lollll

Cause right now, I'm hoping for one last chap with Seju, not the SuminxSungji coupe(which is done already, nothing more to tell). Its just the logic, since she is the only one left who hasnt really had a proper ending

Dont prove me wrong anymore. Please.

What's good from wdtfs is the improving art, hot realistic sex, beautiful characters and a cliche story (not my liking, but other like)..
It's an entertaining story in conclusion... still a good story, but could be better.

I agree, its an entertaining story with beautiful art. I appreciate it that way. As for more, I wont xDDDDD. Would've been better if they chose another more meaningful route but well, whatever xDDDDDD.

last edited at Sep 12, 2017 5:17AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

As a person who saw only SejuXSumin ending.. I am in a state that nothing worse could happen NOW but getting SejuXSumin ending in the final chapter or ever. There is nothing that can be done to reduce the damage they made to both couples.. SungjiXSumin or SuminXSeju.

I always thought that WDTFS is more than I can imagine, a story bigger than a mere love triangle.. something challenging and intriguing.. and I thought the author wanted to show the deep meanings of relationships and how to create a strong base for one to survive.

sigh..
at least now you may also guess why I felt betrayed.. the ending was not the problem.. but how we reached it is what really ruined the whole thing.. I can no longer admire my favorite scene as I used to.. because they lost their meanings. (if they ever had a meaning)

last edited at Sep 12, 2017 9:00AM

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

Nora you told me a story is never finished right, only abandoned... Maybe this one got abandoned (in spirit at least) long before Chapter 91 XD

last edited at Sep 12, 2017 9:51AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

Nora you told me a story is never finished right, only abandoned... Maybe this one got abandoned (in spirit at least) long before Chapter 91 XD

sad isn't it..

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I can no longer admire my favorite scene as I used to.. because they lost their meanings. (if they ever had a meaning)

Oh, I didnt know this. What is your favourite scene then, Nora? And why did you like it?

joined Feb 13, 2017

I guess the author just acknowledged their national readers' opinion over internation. Maybe, to most korean readers, the current couple was not possible as most of thoughts, so they rooted for the other but didn't know that the author will use that to trick them, by give hints here and there( as we saw). Yet, some of those readers seem to not pay attention to details much, they didn't even know why Sumin could get to the wedding to meet Sungji that TG had to justify it on their twitter.

last edited at Sep 12, 2017 1:03PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

yoonie

Oh, I didnt know this. What is your favourite scene then, Nora? And why did you like it?

ch 2. Sumin waking up.. smoking and looking at the sleeping Seju
ch 2. "you mean like fate?" "yes.. just like us."
ch 3. Sumin looking at Seju eye to eye.
ch 19: "you are here"
ch 27: "you came"..
"there must've been times when she missed it.. there must've been memories which came to her mind.. those short moments or long periods of time when we meant everything to each other. Pain may fade away, but the scars remain. The Sung Sumin who is a mere trash for you all, is drained from a love that she can't give or receive"
"just like that.. until we die, just the two of us"
ch 33. "I'm not getting married unless it is you"
ch 45: "she always comes back, that was all I wanted.. I love you, I love you.. the distance where I can feel this emotion"
ch 64: "I love you" "you should've said that earlier..when I still wanted someone to hold on to me" "I was scared that you will get mad and leave me if I told you" "I didn't want to admit the fact that I still loved you"
"we can't start over, because we are cowards who couldn't even end things properly"

(wow, I can see that Sumin learned a lot now.. she is no longer a coward who can't face issues. Sumin found the solution for it all.. the one she could not find with Seju.. a smaller boob hahahah, now all her issues are over)
ch72: "the only thing I like among the things I have is you. When I think about losing you.."
ch50: Sumin imagines Seju in an embrace, the only one she thinks would hold her when she is nothing but an empty shell.. she recalls Seju's voice "Sumin-ah, sometimes it feels like you are still in love with me." "you are right"
many many.. what to include what to exclude when they really turned out to mean nothing after all

ah.. but my absolute favorite will be:
the flash back in ch32 .. there I learnt that it was Seju who taught Sumin how to enjoy bitter coffee that Sumin now drinks in 7 shots. cute, simple and innocent .. yet it shows how Sumin's taste is influenced by what Seju liked in life.. up to very recently, her house arrangement looks the same as Seju's both houses when they used to date. (oh wait, I think I made those up.. my bad)

hahahahha.. dammit

Methetruth

HAHAHAHA.. I saw it.
but was that the most important thing that they needed to explain about the past chapter ?
in a matter of fact.. Sumin's phones was on in the end of ch91 to show that she got a text. I am confused, should we read the story in details or ignore the details XD?

last edited at Sep 12, 2017 2:04PM

joined Feb 13, 2017

HAHAHAHA.. I saw it.
but was that the most important thing that needed to explain about the past chapter ?

Well, they also wrote the post which say sth like they couple had broken up for two month and it was a long time, lol

in a matter of fact.. Sumin's phones was on in the end of ch91 to show that she got a text. I am confused, should we read the story in details or ignore the details XD?

I went back the chapter just to see the attention is in a teenie tiny corner of the picture -_-
Maybe we should have just noticed this kind of details (which can be seen on surface) in the very beginning of the story.

ah.. but my absolute favorite will be:
the flash back in ch32 .. there I learnt that it was Seju who taught Sumin how to enjoy bitter coffee that Sumin now drinks in 7 shots. cute, simple and innocent .. yet it shows how Sumin's taste is influenced by what Seju liked in life.. up to very recently, her house arrangement looks the same as Seju's both houses when they used to date. (oh wait, I think I made those up.. my bad)

hahahahha.. dammit

I'm bitter again

last edited at Sep 12, 2017 5:45PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

Methetruth

Well, they also wrote the post which say sth like they couple had broken up for two month and it was a long time, lol

as I understood it, it was 2 months after the baby's shower(or something related to the baby)
even so, say it is a year.. there is a reason behind every breakup.. did the 2 months mend the crack in their relationship? is it any kind of wine or slow cooked dish ??

the burning question is; 2 months and Sungji is surprised that Seju doesn't live with Sumin!!! where is she from the company.. SEJU is her BOSS.. 2 months she did not realise that Seju is out of the country!.
THEN.. over 3 months and Sumin didn't care to find a job.. too early for retirement I guess!
can you see the problems with this logic ?
in my country we say: that's an excuse worst than the sin!
I would love very much to justify this and come up with a clever comment.. but I am at lost of words.

I went back the chapter just to see the attention is in a teenie tiny corner of the picture -_-
Maybe we should have just noticed this kind of details (which can be seen on surface) in the very beginning of the story.

meh

last edited at Sep 12, 2017 6:25PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

So... It looks like everyone has lost all hope. Nora has retired and is at a lost for words.

As there is only one chapter left, I do see the Seju and Sumin end unlikely. One chapter can only be so long and contain so much. One can easily say we have read too deeply into the manhwa. If nothing changes next chapter, I would completely agree that we did.

But... If you read the writer's Twitter, she clarified how Sumin could've received the invitation to the wedding and how it was mentioned previously. From that, we know some details matter...

The pillow mattered, as well as the rings... So why not the chairman's final request in chapter 58? You'd think something like a dying parent's final wish would be important...

Would Team Gaji really leave that hanging or end up brushing it off?

I'm trying to rationalize why Sumin and Sungji's reunion felt so rushed (the writer even noted it). Any Sungji and Sumin supporters actually happy with how they got back together? Or just happy that they did?

Either the ending was changed, Team Gaji aren't as good as we thought, or... that was the point.

The foundation of Sumin and Sungji's relationship has not been shown to be substantial and is largely driven by more superficial factors, as they resorted to sex fairly quickly without talking about the reason why Sungji left Sumin in the first place. What could this mean? Next chapter, the writer could very well show a happy Sungji and Sumin and that their relationship has enough to last. Or...

Remember what Seju said in chapter 91? "Now even if you get together with me, you will miss your other love, rather than the me in the past." She would've been right. With that in mind... Can we really rule out the possibility that Sumin will not think about or miss Seju when she is in a relationship with Sungji? Didn't the manhwa show that that's the one thing Sumin fails do when she is in a relationship with someone else?

Nora, I remember you said previously that Sumin should learn what it is like to not have Seju by her side. Many Team Blonde members wanted Seju out, so Sungji and Sumin can be in a relationship free of her. Well, they got what they wanted.

We now have the chance to see what their relationship is really made of. If they can last forever. I'm curious myself.

To reply you must either login or sign up.