Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

I really enjoyed the Deadpool movie, It captures his character perfectly. I found the action scene's, characters, and the jokes to be really good. I'd definitely give it a 5/5, Easily one of my favorite marvel movies. I pretty much just like Deadpool in general lol.

last edited at Jun 17, 2017 11:11AM

joined Jun 11, 2016

Also, I'm very hyped for Spiderman: Homecoming.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Easily one of my favorite marvel movies. I pretty much just like Deadpool in general lol.

Speaking of that, I genuinly think it would have been a worse movie if Marvel had the rights to it.

joined Jun 11, 2016

^ That would never happen, Marvel has definitely learned from their "X-Man: Origins" mistake ;P

last edited at Jun 17, 2017 1:01PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

You seems to confuse Disney Marvel with Fox Marvel. Both Origins and Deadpool were made by 20th Century Fox, because they have copyrights for X-Men (and Spiderman) and don't want to lose them. Disney Marvel is the MCU and OriginalGengar suggests that if Fox would lose copyrights for X-Men and Disney Marvel got them and were the ones to make Deadpool instead, it would probably be worse movie (at least I hope I got it right).

last edited at Jun 17, 2017 1:07PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

^ That would never happen, Marvel has definitely learned from their "X-Man: Origins" mistake ;P

Wasn't that a Fox movie too?

Edit: Ah, yep, what Nevri said. Spiderman is back to Marvel though, right?

last edited at Jun 17, 2017 1:11PM

joined Jun 11, 2016

You seems to confuse Disney Marvel with Fox Marvel. Both Origins and Deadpool were made by 20th Century Fox, because they have copyrights for X-Men (and Spiderman) and don't want to lose them. Disney Marvel is the MCU and OriginalGengar suggests that if Fox would lose copyrights for X-Men and Disney Marvel got them and were the ones to make Deadpool instead, it would probably be worse movie (at least I hope I got it right).

But I highly doubt that Disney would even touch Deadpool. If they made a PG-13 version of Deadpool then kids would probably be curious to finding out who the hell Deadpool is and would read the comics. And the Deadpool comics are much worse then any scene in Deadpool that would get it an R Rating.

last edited at Jun 17, 2017 1:16PM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

But I highly doubt that Disney would even touch Deadpool. If they made a PG-13 version

That's pretty much what I'm talking about. Doubt they would have commited to the R-Rating, they seem pretty comfortable with the PG-13 audience. As much as I would love to see Deadpool interact with other Marvel heroes outside of the ones Fox has access to, I don't think Deadpool fits into their MCU.

Generally really interested in what's gonna happen to Fox's Marvel movies in the future though. With Deadpool and Logan, and Deadpool 2 too, seems like they might start focusing on more mature stuff.

last edited at Jun 17, 2017 1:26PM

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Spider-Man was never Fox. It was Sony. This is why there we no Spider-Man and X-Men crossover films.

Marvel basically made some shitty deals to start so that's why X-Men, Spider-man, and Fantastic Four are in a funky limbo. I believe Marvel approached Sony about getting Spider-man back into MCU.

Sony still has like a lot of the rights to Spider-man films and stuff. Marvel and Sony have basically agreed to have Spider-man in MCU, but Sony can still do their own Spider-man stuff, which is why they are working on a Venom movie and a Black Cat movie and they have nothing to do with MCU or their previous Spider-man stuff. The Venom movie is targeting an R rating too.

This was Marvel's official announcement of the deal:
"Under the deal, the new Spider-Man will first appear in a Marvel film from Marvel's Cinematic Universe (MCU). Sony Pictures will thereafter release the next installment of its $4 billion Spider-Man franchise, on July 28, 2017, in a film that will be co-produced by Kevin Feige and his expert team at Marvel and Amy Pascal, who oversaw the franchise launch for the studio 13 years ago. Together, they will collaborate on a new creative direction for the web slinger. Sony Pictures will continue to finance, distribute, own and have final creative control of the Spider-Man films."

Also, Marvel gets NO MONEY for the Sony made films (so Homecoming, and the potential 2 sequels) is all money for Sony, while Sony gets no money for Spider-man showing up in Marvel Studios films (So Civil War, Infinity War, and I guess the last Avengers film) is all money for Disney and Marvel.

The question is does Sony throw in Spider-man into their new Sony Marvel Universe at some point? I think they should just do Miles Morales if they do and not try to somehow use the Tom Holland one.

Well you don't really watch DP for character growth or plot. You watch it for jokes, gore and breaking the forth wall. DP was always more of parody/satire of superheroes and never took itself too seriously. The biggest strength of this movies was that it was finally a R rated superhero movie that didn't have to play it safe and could be fully for adults. DP humor from the beginning was very specific so not everyone will like it.

The first half of the movie was good, then it puttered out. The jokes were good in the first half then it became just like oh yeah this is his schtick it's really repetitive in this film.

I've never read any of the comics, but I have enjoyed Deadpool's appearances in Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Spider-man: Shattered Dimensions.

At least it was under 2 hours long because then I would've lost my mind.

Yeah, pretty much this. Seems like it's not as much about you not liking the movie as it is about you not liking Deadpool in general.
Speaking of character growth though, Deadpool actually goes through a lot of it in the later comics. Sadly that probably won't ever make it into the movies because it mostly involves characters that Fox doesn't have the rights to. One of his best storylines heavily involves Thanos, for example. Another gem involves Loki and Thor, though mostly for comedic reasons.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But I highly doubt that Disney would even touch Deadpool. If they made a PG-13 version of Deadpool then kids would probably be curious to finding out who the hell Deadpool is and would read the comics. And the Deadpool comics are much worse then any scene in Deadpool that would get it an R Rating.

Never say never. I mean, the guys making Rouge One were worried Disney would tell them to make the ending different but that did not happen. Plus, the Pirates movies always seemed darker than normal Disney stuff. Yeah, all of that is PG-13, but who knows.

They could do it and just not plaster Disney anywhere on it. I had no idea Pirates was a Disney film the first time I saw it. Disney has other studios that they use for more adult films and regular people don't know who owns what studios most of the time.

last edited at Jun 17, 2017 1:43PM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

SF posted:

I really enjoyed the Deadpool movie, It captures his character perfectly. I found the action scene's, characters, and the jokes to be really good. I'd definitely give it a 5/5, Easily one of my favorite marvel movies. I pretty much just like Deadpool in general lol.

The problem isn't his character. It's the story itself. This is just my opinion but personally I found the entire movie to be pretty boring overall. Even the action scenes manage to come across as completely lackluster and boring. The character of Deadpool though seems to be fairly well written and they chose a perfect actor to play the role.

joined Jun 11, 2016

The problem isn't his character. It's the story itself. This is just my opinion but personally I found the entire movie to be pretty boring overall. Even the action scenes manage to come across as completely lackluster and boring. The character of Deadpool though seems to be fairly well written and they chose a perfect actor to play the role.

I don't think many Deadpool fans really watched the movie for the plot but rather for how well the character was brought to the big-screen. The execution of his signature jokes like the 4th-Wall break and the action. Imo the movie succeeds at both these factors, but I do think the Plot will improve in the sequel though, as well as the action scenes. I think the sequel will pretty much fix all of the problems that the first film had.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Well, if we're being honest, there are very few super hero movies that don't have a somewhat lackluster plot. And if I'm not mistaken, the next Deadpool movie involves Cable and I don't think his stories with Cable were all that plot heavy. The best thing about those was always the dynamic between the two of them.
Though I guess at least part of the plot could be pretty interesting if they involve Copycat.
But the action scenes are definitely gonna be a step up compared to the first movie, Leitch being involved and everything.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I don't think many Deadpool fans really watched the movie for the plot but rather for how well the character was brought to the big-screen.

This is the same reason lots of people went to see Suicide Squad and then excuse the movie for being shitty by saying the characters were OMG SO GOOD! OMG DID YOU SEE HARLEY AND JOKER AND OMG. Yeah, movie still was terrible. (Not saying that Deadpool is bad. Suicide Squad was shit, Deadpool was a good movie but I did not enjoy it).

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

ZuljinRaynor posted:

Spider-Man was never Fox. It was Sony. This is why there we no Spider-Man and X-Men crossover films.

My bad. Mixed those two up.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

OMG DID YOU SEE HARLEY AND JOKER AND OMG.

Didn't everyone hate the Joker? As far as I've heard, every character but Harley and the boomerang guy was shit, but I haven't seen it, so I don't know.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

I wish everyone hated the Joker.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

I hate the joker but I also enjoyed Suicide Squad so take that as you will

Wonder Woman...... Tried far too hard. It was an okay movie but there was probably more I can complain about than praise tbh

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I wish DC would stop forcing Harley back into the same damn abusive relationship again and again and bloody again!

Also, the Joker is pretty boring by now. He's been wrung dry of dramatic potential way too many times. But that's a fault of superhero comics in general.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Wonder Woman...... Tried far too hard. It was an okay movie but there was probably more I can complain about than praise tbh

Tried far too hard with what? It was basically like every Marvel movie. The third act was weak, though (like most superhero films).

I wish DC would stop forcing Harley back into the same damn abusive relationship again and again and bloody again!

Same.

last edited at Jun 19, 2017 12:14PM

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

I wish I cared about DC and Marvel, or any American superhero franchise at all. I see stuff about it so often that I wish I could engage in the topic too at times. Just not for me though, sadly.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Tried far too hard with what? It was basically like every Marvel movie. The third act was weak, though (like most superhero films).

It was mostly the obnoxious slow mo shots that made me think that. They would have been bad enough if they slowed down to show new things but when they really didn't need to slow down her deflecting bullets with the bracer again at the end, she'd been doing that most of the movie ffs.

joined Jun 11, 2016

Haven't seen Wonder Woman yet. Hell, I haven't even seen Batman Vs Superman yet, but it got lots of negative reviews so it looks like I might've dodged a bullet. So I don't really trust DC anymore, Marvel is pretty much leaving them in the dust.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

It was mostly the obnoxious slow mo shots that made me think that. They would have been bad enough if they slowed down to show new things but when they really didn't need to slow down her deflecting bullets with the bracer again at the end, she'd been doing that most of the movie ffs.

Oh the dumb Zack Snyder-style slow downs.

I forgot about them since they were dumb. lol

Yeah they were stupid.

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ OriginalGengar

Damn, you ranked Earp higher than Orphan Black? That's pretty surprising to hear.

I'm kinda surprised too. ^^ Never would have thought I'd ever say something like that while watching the start of Wynonna Earp. But it's one of those shows that seem to get better with every episode (so far at least, we're only at season 2). And I was only talking about the first episode of the new season as well.
Overall I find it pretty hard to compare Wynnona Earp with Orphan Black. Two completely different shows. But entertainment wise, yes, the season opener of Earp beat Orphan Black in my opinion. On a fun-to-watch scale ;)

But yeah, definitely gonna wait this time. Waiting for the Wentworth finale is killing me right now haha.

… tomorrow is the night! ^^
I still totally hate Vera for bringing the Freak back to life... O_o
WHY???
I so hope they're going to kill her again in the final episode.
After everything she's done she'd deserve to die twice t(-__-t)

Speaking of OITNB though, felt it went kinda downhill when they decided to focus on the drama over the comedy in the later half (though the horror-themed episode was amazing). Still pretty enjoyable and a really nice season finale, even if the cliffhanger felt kinda meh.

True, they did kinda neglect the comedy factor near the end... But I still liked it very much. I feel that the drama started to get heavier ever since season 3. I actually kinda liked that change. Season 4 sometimes even felt too real, drama wise. Too painful... T_T
The horror theme was fun to watch until Piscatella started to cut Reds hair - the fun ended right there... But it was a cool idea.
And I agree, the cliffhanger at the end wasn't needed. That's what I loved so much about season 2 – that ending was awesome. It wrapped all the drama up nicely and still managed to make you look forward to the next season. Perfect!

So... say! Who was your favorite riot gang? ;)

But Deadpool though.

By now I've even seen Deadpool! (^∇^)
I definitely don't regret watching it.
Before the movie came out I'd never even heard of that character before, so I can't say anything about how good the actual adaption is but it was fun to watch. Didn't disappoint.
The story wasn't really deep, true, but it is a movie based on a comic book about a weird not-superhero so yeah... I also agree that I wasn't expecting anything like a overwhelmingly deep storyline. The comedy never made me laugh out loud but I had to smile a lot and I never felt bored.
It was a really nice change compared to some of the other movies based on comic books. The bad guys got what they deserved and not just a slap across the butt and a nice prison cell that they can break out of in no time. ^^
Definitely one of the better (not) superhero movies. Pretty diverting overall! d (^‿^ )

last edited at Jun 19, 2017 4:13PM

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

I wish I cared about DC and Marvel, or any American superhero franchise at all. I see stuff about it so often that I wish I could engage in the topic too at times. Just not for me though, sadly.

Same here for me even it comes to car racing or related genrem

To reply you must either login or sign up.