Forum › Rainmaker discussion

Download
joined Aug 8, 2013

That was.. something. O_O

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ComedicSociopathy

If you took this violent, mindless shoot-em-up game series, The Touhou Project, and its fragmentary background 100% seriously, I think this is what it would be like to live in it. You have to really cutefy it to get the fan-fiction and doujin version. Everyone is absurd and violent. Rumia really DOES "eat humans" and "think[s] her job is hunting them."

Ava
joined Dec 25, 2013

Wow, that was amazing. Looking forward to the next chapter.
The rapid change in art style is quite impressive.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Should this not have a yuri tag? Reimu and Marisa definitely seemed to be kissing on page 6, and there were other coupley moments.

Certainly an interesting take on Touhou, which is not normally a favored franchise of mine, but seen through this lens...very enjoyable art, as well.

last edited at Jan 13, 2016 7:13PM

joined Aug 10, 2015

^ i would let the tag just be there, 'cuz they are definitely coupely

But something other now, i always pushed this doujin away from me - as a loyal ReiMari reader, i read everything on this pairing, but i was kinda afraid of this doujin here - most likely because of the damn tags.Buuuuut, i have to say: me likey.Sure, it was creepy and i usually hate Creepy things, but it was such an interesting take-on, and the concept was brilliant.Even though Reimu freaked me out with her smile sometimes xD but i'd like to see more of this, and see where the story goes.
Hopefully it will all end well...
BUBBLE DANCE! (Gosh reimu's so weird in this xD)

HarryWatterson
joined Nov 7, 2016

Chen from page 36 is moe :3

Stan Miller Staff
Muppo%20and%20northern%20ocean%20hime%20(kantai%20collection%20and%20moomin)%20drawn%20by%20sazanami%20konami%20-%20f1a1a8ae888c4eff5aac0862c561be11
Cyan Steam (Stan Miller)
joined May 25, 2017

"The World is not Enough" when?

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

Reimu looking like an idiot: the manga. I couldn't get into it. Everyone looks simultaneously way too gritty and serious, and yet it's all so surreal I can't take it seriously. It would be a lot cooler if the art and the dialogue and the story and uh...yeah.

N5203e802c394f_large
joined May 5, 2013

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/rainmaker_ch03#12
Yotsuba cast at the middle panel

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

this series was kinda tryhard but also really cool in parts??? i loved the art and weirdass worldview it had, at least

joined Mar 9, 2017

Really amazing. I love surreal art, I think it really represents the insanity well.

Nep
joined Apr 28, 2016

shit art 0/10

joined Aug 17, 2017

SPOILER QUESTION(Only read if you finish all the manga)

Someone can explain me the end?? I don't understand what happens to Reimu, did she comited suicide or she only goes down the mountain??

last edited at Aug 17, 2017 11:01AM by Nezchan

joined Aug 17, 2017

Also I loved this manga, you're my second favourite mangaka, what a cool style of art, so Epic, and I love that Reisen and Moukou a lot!!

Dio
joined Apr 4, 2018

Me: wtf am I reading?
reads the tags
Me: ah...

joined Aug 12, 2020

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ComedicSociopathy

If you took this violent, mindless shoot-em-up game series, The Touhou Project, and its fragmentary background 100% seriously, I think this is what it would be like to live in it. You have to really cutefy it to get the fan-fiction and doujin version. Everyone is absurd and violent. Rumia really DOES "eat humans" and "think[s] her job is hunting them."

Yeah... on the bright side this manga is not canon, right?... (Unless this manga is kinda like a recounting of the game events, but as some sort of “shounen”-style manga?

joined Oct 29, 2019

That was such a great read, thank you.

To reply you must either login or sign up.