Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

joined Mar 5, 2017

sia ue

I don't wanna spoil her since that girl apparently can't be spoiled too much. :'D

you never fail to amuse me XD

And me XXDD
For a second i thought you shifted your allegiance. Your Darling needs a little scolding from you.

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

roamsl

when sia ue gets her "short comments" game on, I enjoy this thread the most XDD constant amusement

last edited at Jun 12, 2017 6:17PM

joined Mar 5, 2017

roamsl

when sia ue gets her "short comments" game on, I enjoy this thread the most XDD

We need more of that from her more than ever since the latest chap had us all hanging. Something to lighten everybody in here. Hehehe

joined Feb 4, 2017

Away from touchy topics, there were alot of comments on how Seju's beauty is flourishing more with each chapter. However, what Gaji did in improving Sungji is even better.. try opening the first chapter and this current one.. put them side to side! ..now you can see it!

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

^ http://i.imgur.com/HPeCMxb.png ch1
http://i.imgur.com/lAsVmYp.png ch 83
She's more mature.
Sumin looks more childish:
http://i.imgur.com/ZFNhjbJ.png ch1
http://i.imgur.com/jlYOZtU.png ch83
No wonder she told Sungji how old she is the first time they met, haha.

joined Feb 4, 2017

is Hello Studio really that close to Sumin's house?!.. the cafe where she met Sungji in ch79 is the same as the one that Seju and Sungji sat at in ch83 !
basically a walking distance.
Sumin liked the house because it was close to work.. which means that they already were moved to the new building and Seju was the president of Hello Studio in ch74 flash back..
but why did her office look different than her current one!

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Anonymous__

I'm not sure if you read this comment but well I'll give it a try

You shouldn't stop translating, really, cause it helps improve your vocabulary a lot, you'll know more about korean. That's my case, tbh, even though I dont have the courage to do what you're doing. Don't stop because of your imperfect translation, that would be a shame, really.

And do you want us to help you for future chaps? Me and Nora, I mean. However please bear in mind that I'm not as good at Korean as you are, and I need a lot of time looking up words in dictionary and totally dont know about idioms. But you could give us your version of translation, we'll help you to perfect the English sentences like structure and wording and maybe Nora also help you with editing the artwork, she seems to know it also. I hope that we could help in some way, as a thank you for all of your efforts translating wdtfs.

joined Feb 4, 2017

Foxy lady

And Nora, the cryptic comment is about our life not to be taken in a linear direction but a loop.

But this time, a healer, a bridge is there.. This is what Sumin meant to Seju when Seju said "I love you" in chap. 64, you should have said it when I need it. Seju never came back ten years ago. But Sumin never knew Seju was nourishing an alcoholic poisoning during that time....

I just got it!!!
parallelism ch10-11 and ch82-83

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Foxy lady

And Nora, the cryptic comment is about our life not to be taken in a linear direction but a loop.

But this time, a healer, a bridge is there.. This is what Sumin meant to Seju when Seju said "I love you" in chap. 64, you should have said it when I need it. Seju never came back ten years ago. But Sumin never knew Seju was nourishing an alcoholic poisoning during that time....

I just got it!!!
parallelism ch10-11 and ch82-83

I dont see the familiarity but I'll be surprised if the next chap recalled some scenes in the first 9 chaps, lol

last edited at Jun 13, 2017 4:53AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Do you know the mental, emotional and physical state of Seju while drinking ?
….. crumpled dreams(it was not a spur of the moment when Sumin and Seju decided to go abroad. They are fulfilling their dreams in chap.19, a place where there are only the two of them) and broken promises (Team Gaji showed Sumin broke two promises she made to Seju)...... How are these contribute to alcohol poisoning?

No, Sumin broke 3 promises to Seju, not two xD.
- Promise to take her to anywhere(the driving license scene), go to anywhere just the two of them(the flashback with their dreams)
- To be her family, to forever by her side
- To forever love her, to say "I love you" everyday and to stay with her and never let go

Three, TG has subtly showed three of them.

For other points about the bar incident, Foxy lady, I wont say anything about it, there is no solid evident for the alcohol poisoning, I can't assume but you do have a point, I dont agree but I wont disagree either.

About the parallelism, I do understand the cryptic message, the backward procedure xD, but I'm still not convinced about it xD. I'll wait for the next chap

last edited at Jun 13, 2017 5:47AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Does you thinking clearly about the future mean you have no depression?

I can't think clearly of the future.

To quote another person with Depression "Depression is the inability to construct or envision a future."

Seju said if they didn't study overseas then their lives would be over. Does this still not imply that Seju was unable to construct or envision the future?

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

We need more of that from her more than ever since the latest chap had us all hanging. Something to lighten everybody in here. Hehehe

You guys just want to hear me scolding Darling. xD You guys should scold Seju too.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

is Hello Studio really that close to Sumin's house?!.. the cafe where she met Sungji in ch79 is the same as the one that Seju and Sungji sat at in ch83 !
basically a walking distance.
Sumin liked the house because it was close to work.. which means that they already were moved to the new building and Seju was the president of Hello Studio in ch74 flash back..
but why did her office look different than her current one!

Even better, where Seju and Sungji sat was exactly where Sumin and Sungji sat before, lol.

I think Seju's office is not the old one xD, she moved hers

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

You guys just want to hear me scolding Darling. xD You guys should scold Seju too.

Seju is childish, obsessed, blinded by love, selfish, sensitive, too proud of herself, too insecure, and the most important of them all, too gorgeous for people's liking.

At your service, Darling's fan xD.

last edited at Jun 13, 2017 6:29AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Too pretty to be true. How unlikable! xD

joined Mar 21, 2017

To quote another person with Depression "Depression is the inability to construct or envision a future."

Seju said if they didn't study overseas then their lives would be over. Does this still not imply that Seju was unable to construct or envision the future?

When did she say that? Only person who says something similar is Sumin in Chapter 10 when they are arguing about moving abroad. Unless there is another chapter you are referring too?

last edited at Jun 13, 2017 7:48AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

About the bar incident, have you guys ever wondered the lack of explaination for the origin of the rings on Sumin and Seju's fingers? You can say that the ring is the indirect reason why Seju made that unforgiveable mistake but the author didnt give us a flashback to explain why the ring is so important to Seju and Sumin. How they came up with the ring and for what occasion, sth like that. The ring is very important but up till now we dont know about what it represented for their love back then.

The ring was even already on their fingers before their first sex. That means their relationship has taken a lot more serious way before their first time. Whatever it was that the ring represented, it has happened first, the sex was way way way later on. And it also means sex was new to both of them when they broke up. They just began their sex adventure not long before the break up. Wow, poor Seju.

What was the occasion for them to wear that ring? What did it bear? Why did the author skip this flashback which I think is pretty darn important in SejuxSumin's relationship?

last edited at Jun 13, 2017 8:29AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

When did she say that? Only person who says something similar is Sumin in Chapter 10 when they are arguing about moving abroad. Unless there is another chapter you are referring too?

That chap 10, you could go back and read it again.

joined Feb 4, 2017

yoonie0104
About the rings..
Welcome aboard of overthinkers.. but yes!.. these are the questions that should be asked.. did they excahnge rings during one of Seju's birthdays.. and maybe that's why Sumin avoided making anything about it !

But the parallism is in act again.. ch52,53

joined Mar 21, 2017

That chap 10, you could go back and read it again.

Seju says to Sumin "Why are you acting so immature. So you're just going to give up on your life"

Sumin replies " Are you saying my life is over if i don't go abroad"

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

@yoonie0104

No, Sumin broke 3 promises to Seju, not two xD.
- Promise to take her to anywhere(the driving license scene), go to anywhere just the two of them(the flashback with their dreams)
-** To be her family, to forever by her side**
- To forever love her, to say "I love you" everyday and to stay with her and never let go<

I think its 2... She is still doing the emphasized statement until now.... Actions speaks louder than words.

No, its still 3. Sumin has prepared everything to leave. Try to buy the house, quit job, chap 54 has marked the day Sumin broke her most important promise. If not for the assassin attacks, Sumin has left already. Even if she didnt, the fact that she has once thought and wanted to leave already marks it a broken promise

One chapter alone speaks so much.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didnt say clearly my point. I think Seju was not in her right mind when she cheated, in other words, she was drunk out of her mind. Seju's lack of response for Sumin's accusation is normal. We can see it in chap 82, 49 and so on. People keep saying that what Sumin said is right about the bodyguard based on the lack of Seju's response but I dont think so. Seju neve tries to win over Sumin on verbal fight, we could see it clearly in chap 10, 82, 49, ...., she would stay silent. So I believe she was drunk when she did it.

However as for other theories about she was tricked, she is being used in that situation, well, I let it open for discussion, I wont disregard nor I agree with it. This is sth I'm waiting if the author could give us a straight answer or not in the future.

last edited at Jun 13, 2017 8:19AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Seju didn't say it directly. I think sia ue used her thinking skills. She was connecting chapters specifically chap. 10 and chap.19(correct me if I'm wrong sia ue). Basing from her comments since last year, I think she is reading WDTFS the way it should be read.

Yes, I assure you sia ue read wdtfs the way it should be read.

joined Mar 21, 2017

^ Lol. I'll take my leave then since i'm not reading it the way it should be read. At least i know where i stand now.

last edited at Jun 13, 2017 8:33AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

yoonie0104

However as for other theories about she was tricked, she is being used in that situation, well, I let it open for discussion, I wont disregard nor I agree with it. This is sth I'm waiting if the author could give us a straight answer or not in the future.

well, I remember once I hinted that.."Seju wasn't consentant".. it never occured to me that it could be something else..Alcohol poisoning, until Foxy Lady mentioned it.. the mere fact that we have many explanations for the situation means that the bartender incident is not how it appears.
my biggest concern is not whether they explain it or not, but how the couple would deal with it after knowing the truth.

and since you mentioned that the break up happened while both of them were new to sex and both of them took their time till they had it the first time, is another reason to exclude cheating!
back to the phone call of ch49, so many messages in that call alone.. it seemed as if TG were teaching ,not only Sumin, a lesson.

last edited at Jun 13, 2017 8:39AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

^ Lol. I'll take my leave then since i'm not reading it the way it should be read. At least i know where i stand now.

Nah, dont be like that. I dont insinuate you in my comment. I only talk about sia ue. She might be witty and funny at times but she did read wdtfs very carefully and understand the story deeply as well as other 3 characters. As for you, I barely know you pov, how can I say anything? no, no, its not my place to say anything.

last edited at Jun 13, 2017 8:44AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.