Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@ Choco

I think he's just fatalistic xD

He was in hospital for a week a while back but you never know :/

... so nothing serious with him, I presume?

my grandma has been fatalistic since forever... and there was a time I even believed her... >_>
also i cant imagine the Guardians as movie that will make you cry^^

Have you seen Guardians 2? xD

The first one wasn't even close. It's "sacrifice" felt tacked on and was undone at the end anyway. 2 tho.... rip me xD

I was thinking of watching it, actually... the first one brings back some memories^^ so I should bring along tissue paper...

@ Neko

Hi there, my little neko sista! :) I am happy to see you again around!

so.... grandma Kitty?

• sigh deeply I was about to say GrannyKitty... but then I googled the grannykitty for images and changed my mind...

@ Anon-senpai

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, KITTY!!!! ٩(♡ε♡ )

Thank you! You are as nice as ever, Anon! :)

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

VOTED for the local councillor election anyway xD

Nowadays, I look like this

I'd just eaten .____.

Everyone there are shipping polls on r/rwby and despite being completely meaningless I would feel validated if White Rose and Bumblebee won theirs so go vote

(@_@)
Who's that...?

White Rose is Ruby x Weiss and Bumblebee is Blake x Yang... assuming you're asking who's in the ships >_>

You can still vote White Rose to win the whole thing, quick quick >_>

... so nothing serious with him, I presume?

Doesn't seem so at the mo xD

also i cant imagine the Guardians as movie that will make you cry^^

It was really really sad okay =__=

I was thinking of watching it, actually... the first one brings back some memories^^ so I should bring along tissue paper...

Yeeessss go watch go watch

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, KITTY!!!! ٩(♡ε♡ )

WOOPS also this yes xD

A85
joined Aug 22, 2014

end my suffering

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

White Rose did it wooooooooooot woot

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

end my suffering

Very well.....................(gives a hug)

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Haha, I just found out that Trump supporters said Stephen Colbert is homophobic. #firecolbert hashtag and everything

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Haha, I just found out that Trump supporters said Stephen Colbert is homophobic. #firecolbert hashtag and everything

For the life of me, I can't understand why calling someone a cock holster is considered homophobic. All Colbert did was give his opinion... a very colorful, descriptive opinion.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

For the life of me, I can't understand why calling someone a cock holster is considered homophobic. All Colbert did was give his opinion... a very colorful, descriptive opinion.

They probably just thought they could turn the narrative around, if that makes sense.

Happy%20face
joined Oct 12, 2016

They probably just thought they could turn the narrative around, if that makes sense.

Don't doubt a lot of the backlash is insincere. But I mean, come on, it was a pretty stereotypical gay joke. Like I think we can acknowledge that it was mean and lazy humor without just going full anti-PC mode and insisting he was just being colorful.

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Don't doubt a lot of the backlash is insincere. But I mean, come on, it was a pretty stereotypical gay joke. Like I think we can acknowledge that it was mean and lazy humor without just going full anti-PC mode and insisting he was just being colorful.

I mean, it was mean cause that was the intention and I guess you could call it lazy writing but I don't understand what you mean by stereotypical gay joke. The joke wasn't even about sexuality, it was about Trump being Putin's slave.

Happy%20face
joined Oct 12, 2016

I guess its less of a joke per se than a stereotypical insult. Insulting someone by saying they're only good for sucking a more powerful man's cock or in this case being Putin's cock holster, and it always derives its humor from a politics of heterosexual norms that stigmatizes and ridicules any subject that is the penetrated sexual partner of another man. So on second thought, maybe not a stereotypical gay joke since its usually made about women in politics, but still certainly a stereotypical sexuality joke.

Edit: I think it was the sheer loathing that came across behind the insult of "cock holster" that made it feel more shitty than the more funny satirical skits that SNL regularly puts on where Trump and Putin casually make-out

last edited at May 5, 2017 4:55PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Holy shit you weren't joking you can make even fun political.

Happy%20face
joined Oct 12, 2016

For you nevri, I would gladly politicize everything you've ever loved. But yeah, I might have over-reacted to that one. Its a pretty trivial example of sexism/homophobia.

joined Mar 21, 2017

I highly recommend a series called Broadchurch if no one has seen it yet.

Happy%20face
joined Oct 12, 2016

Did you watch all 3 seasons? I'm not sure why I never finished the second season, but I do love me some Tennant. Might give it another shot now that finals are over.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Only watched the first season so far. About to start the second. Tennant and Colman are both great.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Damn. Haven't been back here is ages... well at least posting anyways. Been following a few stories nonetheless.

last edited at May 7, 2017 12:11AM

OriginalGengar
Kira%202
joined Nov 29, 2014

Darksiders is back hype.

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

Whenever you start feeling old just remember that age ain't nothing but a number ೕ(•̀ᴗ•́)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbFMDqKfrhM

I wanna be at least half as cool as her when I grow old ^^

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Darksiders is back hype.

Yesssssss!!!!!

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

i can't seem to get into Tool(band).

Trying to learn guitar i am terrible.

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

Darksiders is back hype.

I misread that as Darkstalkers now I'm sad

joined Mar 21, 2017

i can't seem to get into Tool(band).

Trying to learn guitar i am terrible.

Which albums are you trying to get into too?

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Darksiders is back hype.

I misread that as Darkstalkers now I'm sad

:(

But Darksiders is an awesome series!

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

But Darksiders is an awesome series!

I know I played 2 and thought it was good might wanna try 1 now before 3 comes out

To reply you must either login or sign up.