Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

joined Mar 21, 2017

You're only human Nora89. We all have a bias, it's how we are hardwired.

last edited at Apr 20, 2017 6:15PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Sungji's every action making sense, or her being quite relatable can't change the fact that her character is bland or boring, right?

joined Mar 21, 2017

Sungji's every action making sense, or her being quite relatable can't change the fact that her character is bland or boring, right?

Finding her bland or boring is up to the reader and how they interpret her character i think. People can come to a general consensus but that doesn't make it a fact.

last edited at Apr 20, 2017 6:38PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

There is no fact then. Her character is .....

827120df889e9ff5acd49286b2930156
joined Apr 20, 2017

Hey everyone! Thanks for welcoming me!

Own :( Well, that´s more subjective, right?

I find her endearing and honest. Like those people you would like to sleep on their lap and feel no worry in this world lol.

last edited at Apr 20, 2017 6:59PM

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

Es0teric

I would like to know your opinion about Sungji/Sumin relationship, I am curious to know how it looks like from your POV specially that you you lean to Sungji more than I do.

joined Mar 21, 2017

There is no fact then. Her character is .....

However you as the reader sees it.

joined Feb 4, 2017

I find her endearing and honest. Like those people you would like to sleep on their lap and feel no worry in this world lol.

it could be what you said is why precisely some do not find her that interesting. but the honesty part does not settle with me 100%, many incidents suggest that she hides every encounter she has with Seju (understandable but not 100% honest.. specially the ring thing), previously I expected if there will be a plot twist then it could be so much in how Sungji grows up or reveal her POV.. could we see a new side of her like the one we saw at the beg of arc3 ?
now I do not really hate her, it is just how I do not find much to say about her.. It will be nice if she shocks me tho

joined Mar 21, 2017

Es0teric

I would like to know your opinion about Sungji/Sumin relationship, I am curious to know how it looks like from your POV specially that you you lean to Sungji more than I do.

Hmm i don't know at this point sorry. I'd need some time to think about it, not as heavily invested in it as you guys seem to be. Plus i try not to heavily analyse unfinished works.

I lean towards Sungji as a character but am unsure about her relationship with Sumin.

Edit: I guess i don't ship any of the characters, i think they all need time apart from each other.

Edit: Edit: Actually i think i may lean more towards SungjixSumin. If i had to choose.

last edited at Apr 20, 2017 8:21PM

joined Apr 20, 2017

Es0teric

Hey everyone! Thanks for welcoming me :)
Ok so here i go:

This is supposed to be healing story, am I right? So I think, Sungji represents the new opportunity for Sumin to really believe in someone and love again, for the heart and soul to find healing from Seju and all those past relationships that have left scars, physical and symbolical.
So, she has a stressful life, lives alone, smokes and has her ex as her fuck friend. Her life is toxic. Sungji comes into the picture with her kind aura and her beauty and she likes her, at a moment just wants to sleep with her but then she realizes Sungji isn´t in that wavelength. Sungji proposes a real relationship where she could, again, get hurt. Besides, she has been burned before so much she´s skeptical of love. She is not keen to open up and let Sungji in just like that. She´s not involved at first and feels many actions from Sungji unnecessary. However, Sumin is Sungji´s first love and Sungji wants to give herself to her with that young, naïve, inexperienced and endearing infatuation that manages to reach Sumin in a way that she only felt when she was young. I believe she remembers her time with Seju because the situation and the feeling remind her of her younger self and how she felt. I think she compares herself to Sungji. She starts to give in and decides to really start to make an effort. She decides to love her and then falls in love with her. If she wasn´t so open before because she didn´t want to get hurt, now she doesn´t because she doesn´t want to fuck up.

Note: I somehow believe love can be a choice, no matter how much sappy romcoms want me to believe otherwise.

I think their relationship is young, with little to no communication due to Sungji´s insecurities and Sumin´s fear of losing Sungji and what she represents in her life: a new chance, an honest love that can grow, that can be a construction from both sides. BUT, she still loves Seju which is completely valid and understandable. So the question, of course, is what will she choose?
Their sex scenes I think are very important. I know not everyone thinks like this but they show their dynamic as a couple. The first time, Sumin handles everything. The sex after the cheating is very awesome because Sumin takes into consideration Sungji´s desires more, wants to learn what she likes the most, she´s really caring, making an effort and enjoys herself very much. Then, even though she usually dominates, gives in to Sungji and lets her dominate her and please her…this could mean she really trusts her and she´s finally giving her heart to Sungji.

By the way,

I love the SuminxSungji couple but…
I hope she chooses no one to be honest. I think there are deep things about Sumin that she needs to handle herself before giving herself to either of them. One would be: forgiving Seju. I think she will love Seju forever, even if it´s not in a romantic way. They have been, for good or bad, together for so long…they only have each other, as family and as friends. It would be really, really sad if they don´t end things up clean, forgive each other for their wrong doings, for the both of them to really heal. And this might be a boring ending but this is what I would wish for myself or a real couple. I really want them all to grow or at least to start growing. I want Seju and Sumin to be happy even if they aren´t together. I just care about them! don´t hate me lol.
And Sungji, my Sungji…she´s strong.

last edited at Apr 20, 2017 8:41PM

joined Apr 20, 2017

it could be what you said is why precisely some do not find her that interesting. but the honesty part does not settle with me 100%, many incidents suggest that she hides every encounter she has with Seju (understandable but not 100% honest.. specially the ring thing), previously I expected if there will be a plot twist then it could be so much in how Sungji grows up or reveal her POV.. could we see a new side of her like the one we saw at the beg of arc3 ?
now I do not really hate her, it is just how I do not find much to say about her.. It will be nice if she shocks me tho

Lolo i mean endearing and honest in her love but not stupid. The girl wasn´t going to throw Sumin into Seju´s arms. (Seju was sick, remember? she didn´t want Sumin to know and take care of her)

I hope Team Gaji surprise us too!

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Yeah their relationship doesn't seem toxic anymore. After this point both parties have settled down with their emotions imo.

Sumin obviously worries that someone might attempt to kill Seju, that's why she seemed so scarred when she entered the house and Seju didn't respond. It's normal since there is a valid reason that Seju's life could be in danger.
Sumin may have moved on from Seju romantically, but that doesn't mean she stops caring about her as a person. Two people not being together anymore doesn't mean they don't love each other as a person.

Seju is sad and knows this is over imo. I don't think she plans something big to secretly screw Sumin and Sungji relationship though. nonetheless she still enjoys teasing Sumin.

Uhm, I agree that Sumin should still be worried about Seju but isnt it out of place? right in the beginning of the chap, the author creates a scene about this? Isnt that very unnecessary? No need to have this scene and we already know that Sumin will be worried about Seju's safety. This scene, I believe, has a deeper purpose, as well as the scene where the author takes time to draw Sumin leaving the studio a lot more than usual and I'm not sure what that is yet

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Lolo i mean endearing and honest in her love but not stupid. The girl wasn´t going to throw Sumin into Seju´s arms. (Seju was sick, remember? she didn´t want Sumin to know and take care of her)

I hope Team Gaji surprise us too!

Welcome to the thread XD XD XD. There should be more comments about Sungji focus like yours in the topic XD. I might not be able to keep up and talk about her earnestly like you since I don't look deep into her but I'd like to read people's opinions about her XD XD. So please share more XD. Oh, and your pov is more interesting than those who keeps saying oh she's so nice, so cute, etc XD.

joined Mar 21, 2017

I believe the whole Sungji calling Sumin Team Leader thing is due to Korean Honorifics more than anything else. But that's just from articles i read on Korean Honorifics so i could be wrong.

joined Apr 20, 2017

Yoonie0104 Thanks!!!! XD I mean, Sungji is hella cute hella hot drools but there´s more to her than that hehe. ^^ Tbh they´re all hella hot!

joined Mar 21, 2017

Nora89

Coco Boo's summary is pretty close to my feelings about their relationship so i won't really add in anything apart from that i think there is a shift in power dynamics with Sungji being more in control. For example in the latest chapter Sungji denies Sumin the kiss when she goes for it, but is then the one to initiate it with a bit of force. I feel like Sungji is beginning to play with Sumin a bit. She's making her work for their relationship.

Sorry if it feels like a cop out not giving my own analysis of their relationship. I should really be doing other things haha.

last edited at Apr 20, 2017 10:27PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Nora89

Coco Boo's summary is pretty close to my feelings about their relationship so i won't really add in anything apart from that i think there is a shift in power dynamics with Sungji being more in control. For example in the latest chapter Sungji denies Sumin the kiss when she goes for it, but is then the one to initiate it with a bit of force. I feel like Sungji is beginning to play with Sumin a bit. She's making her work for their relationship.

About the denial, I don't interpret it as Sungji started taking control though, I lean more on this way, she childishly refused the kiss cause she's still mad at Sumin for letting Seju stay at her home and she doesn't want to kiss her just yet, cause right after that, she asked if sth happened at home but she's not mad enough and still nice enough to kiss her to say goodbye to the team leader title after seeing Sumin's dejected look. The whole deal, to me, shows a super insecure but still super nice Sungji than a Sungji who is taking control of their relationship. The refusing-to-kiss action, to me, is quite childish and not exactly mature when she's the one who comes and says she hasn't said goodbye XD.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Nora89

About the denial, I don't interpret it as Sungji started taking control though, I lean more on this way, she childishly refused the kiss cause she's still mad at Sumin for letting Seju stay at her home and she doesn't want to kiss her just yet, cause right after that, she asked if sth happened at home but she's not mad enough and still nice enough to kiss her to say goodbye to the team leader title after seeing Sumin's dejected look. The whole deal, to me, shows a super insecure but still super nice Sungji than a Sungji who is taking control of their relationship. The refusing-to-kiss action, to me, is quite childish and not exactly mature when she's the one who comes and says she hasn't said goodbye XD.

I would think that too if the kiss wasn't so aggressive. But that is just how i read into it.
I do agree though that she is angry at Sumin, but i also think there is a method behind her actions.
I think it's all about how you read into her character.

Since we see her character differently it's harder to see from each others perspectives. It's why i don't try to convince others but just share my opinion : )

last edited at Apr 20, 2017 11:06PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Since we see her differently it's harder to see from each others perspectives. It's why i don't try to convince others but just share my opinion : )

Yeah, I agree that we can't convince people to agree with our pov but it won't hurt to share yours XD. I always welcome different opinions, as long as they don't disregard other characters XD. That's probably why I don't talk much about Sungji, since emphasizing my pov of a boring protagonist might hurt other readers' feeling, just like I did when people talk bad about Seju XD.

Edit: But I'm really sorry to Sumin biases, I still want to slap her though XDDDDD.

last edited at Apr 20, 2017 11:10PM

joined Mar 21, 2017

Since we see her differently it's harder to see from each others perspectives. It's why i don't try to convince others but just share my opinion : )

Yeah, I agree that we can't convince people to agree with our pov but it won't hurt to share yours XD. I always welcome different opinions, as long as they don't disregard other characters XD. That's probably why I don't talk much about Sungji, since emphasizing my pov of a boring protagonist might hurt other readers' feeling, just like I did when people talk bad about Seju XD.

We all want to protect the characters we like. Don't worry i won't talk bad about Seju ; )

last edited at Apr 21, 2017 3:17AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

Coco Boo

Thank you for answering my question,
I totally agree with you that love is indeed a choice, even if the initial attraction is not.
Now, if I think like Sumin, then Sungji love comes out of strong attraction to appearances, while Sumin love to Seju started off as really good friends who only hung out together.. it was not till their college years when they first slept together.. maybe that is why Sumin had that flashback of the Silver haired girl in the bathtop (cant recall the chapter ).. and as I said previously, no doubt that Sumin likes and cares about Sungji so much.. I just question what they know about each other.. what is new now for a person who dated 31 women (almost a whole class).. the pragmatic side of Sumin and her age/experiences hinder her from going all in for Sungji and investing more in the relationship.
It is however too late now for the three to grow separate ways in the remaining 7 chapters.
In my heart I know that Sumin has already forgiven Seju for the bartender incident, I know she is scared of loving her ever again.. but I am not sure why she keeps saying that she hates her for three times

joined Mar 21, 2017

What are the main characters hobbies? Apart from sex of course. Well and Sumin playing Squash. They were probably mentioned but i really can't remember and am curious.

last edited at Apr 21, 2017 8:19AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

What are the main characters hobbies? Apart from sex of course. Well and Sumin playing Squash. They were probably mentioned but i really can't remember and am curious.

Seju: Sumin
Sumin: girls
Sungji: sorry, cant think of anything =)))))
just kidding

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Seju: Sumin
Sumin: girls
Sungji: sorry, cant think of anything =)))))
just kidding

Seju: Waiting for Sumin
Sumin: Ufo catcher and girls
Sungji: Sex

joined Mar 21, 2017

Nora89

It was more for myself and how i relate to the characters. I don't feel the characters in this story are as fleshed out as others i have read. Hobbies and interests are a big thing in how i relate to people.

To reply you must either login or sign up.