Forum › POPCORN TONE discussion

Ab.%20dog
joined Jan 23, 2016

A bit confusing to distinguish them at the beginning, but it was all all good at the end. Such a realistic portrayal of a relationship with one trying to figure out her feelings.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

What? I wasn't sure so I tried my chance with a guy. If this wasn't dynasty that story would be rape. And what would happen if you liked it , would you do it with him. Natsukichi should dump her but I love this pairing so it's okay.

joined Jan 4, 2014

What? I wasn't sure so I tried my chance with a guy. If this wasn't dynasty that story would be rape. And what would happen if you liked it , would you do it with him. Natsukichi should dump her but I love this pairing so it's okay.

I am honestly a bit confused here... How and where do you see this story containing anything akin to rape? The guy was pushy and harassing, yes, but no more than that. The two main characters always respected each others wishes, never going farther than what was comfortable for both of them.

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

Yeey, using the rape as plot device.
So new.

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

I am honestly a bit confused here... How and where do you see this story containing anything akin to rape? The guy was pushy and harassing, yes, but no more than that. The two main characters always respected each others wishes, never going farther than what was comfortable for both of them.

It seems a bit odd to call a guy who dragged a girl into a secluded area with her shouting "No" and "Let go of me" the entire way, threw her against a tree, and then tried to force himself on her as just "pushy and harassing" and no more than that. I mean, I guess we could be incredibly generous and assume that he wasn't going to actually do something, but generosity is typically something you don't want to give to someone who was clearly about to sexually assault someone.

Also, are we meant to believe that whoever took the photos just came straight to the company to hand them over? Because my first thought is that their boss has people following them around waiting to catch them if they dare slip up and engage in any activity that implies that they're not the property of their fans, who will also refuse to help someone who is clearly being forcefully dragged into a secluded area to be assaulted.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Yeah, count me as confused too. I have no idea what you mean.

joined Jan 4, 2014

It seems a bit odd to call a guy who dragged a girl into a secluded area with her shouting "No" and "Let go of me" the entire way, threw her against a tree, and then tried to force himself on her as just "pushy and harassing" and no more than that. I mean, I guess we could be incredibly generous and assume that he wasn't going to actually do something, but generosity is typically something you don't want to give to someone who was clearly about to sexually assault someone.

Also, are we meant to believe that whoever took the photos just came straight to the company to hand them over? Because my first thought is that their boss has people following them around waiting to catch them if they dare slip up and engage in any activity that implies that they're not the property of their fans, who will also refuse to help someone who is clearly being forcefully dragged into a secluded area to be assaulted.

He is being pushy and harassing her. He fully deserves the slap and more, being a complete and utter douchebag. He fails to respect her "cut that out" and "stop - let go of me", which is deplorable and a real world issue that we see all too often. Still, those actions do not constitute rape. The distinction is important.

After the slap, lets go and does not follow her. It is a sad state of affairs that it takes that much to make him realise he stepped over the line, but even in western culture it is not uncommon for it to go that far. This is problem with the way all too many societies see us women as something to be conquered, and is even more pronounced in many Asian cultures.

As for the "idols being photographed" piece... That's an entirely different can of worms, one that is similarly infuriating. The whole "property of their fans" thing is pretty nasty, as the case of Minami Minegishi demonstrated. But that's a story for another day.

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

He is being pushy and harassing her. He fully deserves the slap and more, being a complete and utter douchebag. He fails to respect her "cut that out" and "stop - let go of me", which is deplorable and a real world issue that we see all too often. Still, those actions do not constitute rape. The distinction is important.

After the slap, lets go and does not follow her. It is a sad state of affairs that it takes that much to make him realise he stepped over the line, but even in western culture it is not uncommon for it to go that far. This is problem with the way all too many societies see us women as something to be conquered, and is even more pronounced in many Asian cultures.

Obviously the actions of forcefully dragging a woman away from public to force yourself on her does not constitute rape in itself. I took issue with the idea that doing so while said woman screams "No" and "Let go of me" with the clear intention of assaulting her is just being pushy and harassing "but no more than that." Attempted sexual assault (and regular assault, considering he dragged her by the arm and threw her against a tree) is not something that should be downplayed as pushiness and harassment.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

She literally said she tried flirting with a guy to her girlfriend, what would she do if Natsuki did the same thing. If this was on nhentai she wouldn't easliy punch that guy and guy wouldn't stop after screaming Riina behind her back.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

She literally said she tried flirting with a guy to her girlfriend, what would she do if Natsuki did the same thing. If this was on nhentai she wouldn't easliy punch that guy and guy wouldn't stop after screaming Riina behind her back.

OK, but this isn't Nhentai, and that's not what this story is.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It is still sexual assault, though. Only thing really missing is he didn't whip his dick out.

Not gonna disagree on any of this.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Creepy obsessed fan is creepy.

Enjoyed the story otherwise, though.

joined Jan 4, 2014

Actually one of the reasons why I am rather ambivalent about the whole "kabe-don" trend. It tends to be depicted as cute-and-all in many of the images here, but in real life it would certainly be prone to triggering my fight-or-flight response...

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Actually one of the reasons why I am rather ambivalent about the whole "kabe-don" trend. It tends to be depicted as cute-and-all in many of the images here, but in real life it would certainly be prone to triggering my fight-or-flight response...

Kabe-* knee in the groin *

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

A situation similar as this one happened to my girlfriend years ago when we started dating. She wasn't into guys but because of the culture we grew up in she wanted to see if she really disliked guys or not. So one day she went out with a guy friend and it was all fine at first, until he got a little too touchy feely and she basically pushed him away and she called another friend to pick her up and take her home. She later came to me saying how she felt disgusted and how she never wanted to go out with men. I remember how she kept telling how much she loves me and wanted to be with just me. And we've been together ever since, for almost 6 and a half years, and counting.

To reply you must either login or sign up.