Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

12832548_732179150258573_3468752615206849752_n
joined Mar 19, 2016

This is not about Seju.
Try to be in Sungji's place for a bit. She got cheated and broke up with Sumin. Then her ex shows up in her house after a long time and after cheating on her and lying about a lot of stuff, and what is the normal thing to do in this situation?
Be completely fine with it,ask no questions and act like a horny teen that only wants that person for the sex. On top of that, Gaji tried to develop their "feelings" simply by making their sex scene even more like smut.

This chapter was a fanservice for the teamblonde but also I could read into trhee scenes:

The first one is when Sumin and Sungji talk about how Sumin always do the things as she wanted and Sungji said her that together will be find what she likes or not (for me that means that they wanted to have a better comunication and know each other)

The second one is when Sungji sais her that she does feel the same and also when Sumin sai her that she loves her but she did not receive an answer (Maybe they will have to need more time or actions to be fine again, Sungji is insecure and Sumin needs to show her a real change)

And the last one is when Sungji said in the las scene that she wants to see another face in Sumin (this is not about have the control, is about to kwon how much Sumin trust in her)

I think people have being put off by this particular chapter (at least me ) because of the situation that happened between them before that. Not because of the level of lewdness in it. It's like Sungji doesn't have much self respect and only cares about being with Sumin. Also it is still not explained why she loves Sumin so much.

If we will talk about that, Seju is another character that doesn't have much "self respect" and only cares about being with Sumin.. 10 years is a long time, we cannot compare weeks with years!! I said that from your perspective.. but for me, Seju and Sungji are different, the first one wanted to be with Sumin because she thought she deserves to be punished and also because she could not stay with the only person who loves her, in the other hand, we cannot know why Sungji wanted to be with Sumin after the cheating but for me is because she did not want to feel lost more, for her is the firt time that break a relationship. We cannot judge either of the two characters for their actios...

joined Oct 9, 2016

If we will talk about that, Seju is another character that doesn't have much "self respect" and only cares about being with Sumin.. 10 years is a long time, we cannot compare weeks with years!! I said that from your perspective.. but for me, Seju and Sungji are different, the first one wanted to be with Sumin because she thought she deserves to be punished and also because she could not stay with the only person who loves her, in the other hand, we cannot know why Sungji wanted to be with Sumin after the cheating but for me is because she did not want to feel lost more, for her is the firt time that break a relationship. We cannot judge either of the two characters for their actios...

Nah, considering Seju and Sungji's background, Sungji's action is very judgable :). In Seju's whole life, she lacks of love and care and has alot of verbal abusing, holding on to the only person who cares, to make her feel loved is kinda understandable, not healthy and self-respect...but in her life has anyone show any respects to her? Nope, so why keep self-respect if it would make her leave the only person who at least love and respect her as she is?
Sungji is different, she grew up in her family's love and care, very peacefully and normally (unless the author throws some twists in the future). Sure, this is her first love, she easily get lost, but for a person who has alot of love from family since young and never get hurt like Sungji, she got cheated and get hurt for the first time then it should be hard for her to forgive Sumin, waayyyyy harder than Seju if Seju in the same position, not throw herself to Sumin right away like that, literally throw herself to her, for me, that's enough to judge already
I don't hate Sungji but I don't like the way the author describes Sungji at the moment. I get that she wants teamblonde to be endgame, I get that this is what most people want but no way I agree that this chap is understandable

joined Oct 9, 2016

Anyway, I hope that the new character( team manager?) is not just a mere talking topic over the phone and actually appears in the next few chaps, importantly she's not interested in Sungji, another character just like Dawoon appears then :(. Since the beginning, we have seen hundred of girls for Sumin, Dawoon for Sungji, it would be nice to see another girl for Seju, aside from Sumin :)

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

we cannot know why Sungji wanted to be with Sumin after the cheating but for me is because she did not want to feel lost more, for her is the firt time that break a relationship.

It's her first time, but she did mention a few chapters ago that she couldn't forgive Sumin. And she said she thought she would feel sad for breaking up with Sumin, but she didn't. Also, she said she felt like nothing had changed. When did she start feeling lost?

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

When did she start feeling lost?

When she's horny

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

When she's horny

What kind of protagonist is she? xD

joined Mar 19, 2016

Nah, considering Seju and Sungji's background, Sungji's action is very judgable :). In Seju's whole life, she lacks of love and care and has alot of verbal abusing, holding on to the only person who cares, to make her feel loved is kinda understandable, not healthy and self-respect...but in her life has anyone show any respects to her? Nope, so why keep self-respect if it would make her leave the only person who at least love and respect her as she is?
Sungji is different, she grew up in her family's love and care, very peacefully and normally (unless the author throws some twists in the future). Sure, this is her first love, she easily get lost, but for a person who has alot of love from family since young and never get hurt like Sungji, she got cheated and get hurt for the first time then it should be hard for her to forgive Sumin, waayyyyy harder than Seju if Seju in the same position, not throw herself to Sumin right away like that, literally throw herself to her, for me, that's enough to judge already
I don't hate Sungji but I don't like the way the author describes Sungji at the moment. I get that she wants teamblonde to be endgame, I get that this is what most people want but no way I agree that this chap is understandable

I understand your point with Seju, for the same reason I do not judge her and her actions, she feels that Sumin was the only person who loves her.. but if I also consider the Sungji´s position I know that is not easy let her your firts love, sometimes it does not matter if you have your family or friends, this kind of love is new for her and it is normal to make mistakes when you love or fall in love with someone. (that is the point, learn about your experiences)

I hope that team Gaji could give us a good end for all the three characters, as you said a lot of people is teamblonde (as me) but I will not happy if this couple nas not a good healing.. also, it is necesary to see what will happen with Seju, she deserves a closure

joined Mar 19, 2016

we cannot know why Sungji wanted to be with Sumin after the cheating but for me is because she did not want to feel lost more, for her is the firt time that break a relationship.

It's her first time, but she did mention a few chapters ago that she couldn't forgive Sumin. And she said she thought she would feel sad for breaking up with Sumin, but she didn't. Also, she said she felt like nothing had changed. When did she start feeling lost?

For the same reason that you said Sungji was lost.... "She could not forget to Sumin", it is ovbiuos that Sungji wanted Sumin would have fought for the relation... she break up with her because she felt that Sumin wanted that (chapter 56, 59, 63, 67)...

When she tried to have another person in her life she noticed that she could not..in that point she could not pretend that she was fine, she only wanted that Sumin would show her that she loves her.

When she's horny

What kind of protagonist is she? xD

It is fool said something like that about a character, if you cannot read the sub dialogues in the trhee last chapters you will just said the first thing with the purpose of denigrating the team gaji´s work (there are chapters missing, we do not what will happen)

joined Oct 9, 2016

I understand your point with Seju, for the same reason I do not judge her and her actions, she feels that Sumin was the only person who loves her.. but if I also consider the Sungji´s position I know that is not easy let her your firts love, sometimes it does not matter if you have your family or friends, this kind of love is new for her and it is normal to make mistakes when you love or fall in love with someone. (that is the point, learn about your experiences)

I hope that team Gaji could give us a good end for all the three characters, as you said a lot of people is teamblonde (as me) but I will not happy if this couple nas not a good healing.. also, it is necesary to see what will happen with Seju, she deserves a closure

Like I said, the thing that Sungji threw herself to Sumin and had a whole new level of sex with her is the reason I judge her. Up until the previous chap, I don't have that much of oppose towards Sungji's development, she's still the pure protagonist whose struggles would make readers sympathize and hate Seju. I've accepted that teamblonde are endgame since the end of arc 2, the whole arc 3 up till the previous chap was not exciting and boring but acceptable, it's drawing a very clear path for teamblonde to be together till the end and honestly till the previous chap, I was waiting for sth new from Seju since teamblonde is moving quite steadily towards the end and I have nothing to talk about them. It's just a torturing slow romance for teamblonde's fans anyway. BUT, this chapter, this particular chapter makes me feel totally off. OK, this is a fanservice chap for teamblonde, a special 69 or watever but the fact that the author overuses sex in the story is disturbing, as I was expecting they are at least going to ease themselves into relationship again, talk or being cute self again, the author throws me totally off guard with this kind of chapter, makes me wonder "So sex is everything? With Seju, it's sex. With Sungji, it's also sex. So what's different? Sumin said I love you while having sex? So comforting =))))))" and Sungji easily give herself away like that is quite disappointing. Even though running back to your ex-lover after just a few chapter is... quite anti-climatic and acceptable, but it's nowhere compare to have sex right away like that. Like I said, it makes Sungji as mediorce as Seju who has been famous for her "cheap" and complex relationship with Sumin. You can run back to your first love with dignity, especially when your first love feels super guilty towards you if you can't forget her or can not live without her. Aren't we all here right after this chap starting comparing Seju and Sungji about how much self-respect they have, not about who's better for Sumin? =))))))). This is quite low for Sungji's character, someone is built to be pure, to be angel, to be perfect till the very last chap =))))) while Seju has always been like that.

last edited at Jan 17, 2017 9:46PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

It is fool said something like that about a character, if you cannot read the sub dialogues in the trhee last chapters you will just said the first thing with the purpose of denigrating the team gaji´s work (there are chapters missing, we do not what will happen)

I guess there might be some important sub dialogues in chapter 67 and 68 as you have mentioned. But I don't think the whole dialogue about sex instructions in the latest chapter could be inferred farther into something else important. Also, it requires a good amount of empathizing Sungji to see things differently from how they have appeared in text. So, Sungji being horny is a main reason for her to suddenly forgive Sumin is really how we who are not Sungji fans see it, honestly.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I don't think it's about being a Sungji fan. If someone looks the story and her character of what it actually is, they could see how this chapter was too sudden.
Some people say they are still communicating through their actions during sex, but I think this is more of a projection of what they think it is, rather than than what it actually is.

Sungji is a bit bland, and just like the usual main character cliche, this makes it easy for the readers to insert their own thoughts of who they think this character is, or the motivations behind their actions.
But the reality is, there is no actual back up or development of why Sungji acts the way she does.
I'd say she is a bit like Bella from Twillight.
The more specific a character is, the more developed they are, but this also makes it harder for some readers to self insert. That's why there is this phenomenon with bad mc.

last edited at Jan 18, 2017 6:10AM

joined Oct 9, 2016

Saw spoilers for latest chap. Save words for next chapter :).

joined Jun 14, 2013

Y'all are thinking way too much into this imo. Ok so what if it is like twilight with the whole edward or jacob. Pick a side even tho it's obvious who is OTP which I have been rooting for since the beginning. (btw it was always edward for me, cause come on he was first and main dude always) so for me it's always gonna be blonde and brunette. Jacob and pink hair can gtfo. Except this story is with hot yuri. I hope I get the good end that at least twilight gave to me. Even tho I don't care for twilight. I can reread ch 69 all day everday tho ^_^.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Just take it as that Sumin cheating never happened and enjoy the story since the character herself doesn't seem to remember it.

Youtubewatermarksmall
joined Mar 24, 2015

Am I the only one who was disappointed to find another chapter (ch 70) that was basically just sex? I know they spoke a little, but I couldn't help feel like, "ah, not another one." Of course, then I was like, "Well, I'm gonna read it anyway 'cause I'm way too invested," but for real...
I just wish this story was something that its not -- and I know I shouldn't expect more complex characters, but somehow I always end up hoping.
p.s. I think I know exactly what kind of character development Seungji needs!
She needs to have been a competitive dancer (ballet) and needs to have had a girl friend who was an almost girlfriend, and then she needs to have gotten into an accident/gotten injured and quit dancing!
I think we need another one of these plot lines.

last edited at Jan 18, 2017 11:29PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

She needs to have been a competitive dancer (ballet) and needs to have had a girl friend who was an almost girlfriend, and then she needs to have gotten into an accident/gotten injured and quit dancing!

Lol this must be a reference to Love Doctor? To me after seeing it in FF I thought it was a stolen idea, so i dont want to see the same plot into another manhwa again.

Sungji will probably stay along the lines of cute and lewd until the end. At this point I don't really expect something more for her character. I mean why would they anyway? Her character is already popular.

The real plot twist was that Seju still didn't appear lol.

I'm not disappointed tbh, because I have been reading this for a year, and after a while you stop being so invested.

Also it could really be me, but Sumin gave me the feeling that she was sick in this chapter. She kept saying she was tired and she looked worn out instead of the pleasured worn out.

last edited at Jan 19, 2017 4:27AM

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Lust heals everything. It's the answer to all our needs. Sex sex sex and let's talk later or maybe not, let's just have sex all day all night. Lol hell yes, this is some kind of healing story. What a great plot. Haha

I haven't tried make-up sex with my gf. I'm gonna try it for sure..Haha but for minor arguments only, cheating's not included XD

joined Aug 29, 2015

Am I the only one who was disappointed to find another chapter (ch 70) that was basically just sex? I know they spoke a little, but I couldn't help feel like, "ah, not another one." Of course, then I was like, "Well, I'm gonna read it anyway 'cause I'm way too invested," but for real...
I just wish this story was something that its not -- and I know I shouldn't expect more complex characters, but somehow I always end up hoping.

too late, it's not like the author can redo Sungji's character and restart WDTFS LOL. besides, ballet dancer is usually for college setting (a trope on two yuri manhwa, FF and Love Doctor) WDTFS is set in a office setting and a utopia for lesbians. especially, for Sumin. who can bang every girl she meet.

sex sells, we cannot disagree on this one and WDTFS is a perfect example of it. why create a complex and well developed protagonist, when almost every reader just wants to see them "get it on" especially, after they saw, how hot and beautifully drawn they are on the manhwa. seriously, I really love the artwork of WDTFS. too bad the story is mediocre at best. (now, I'm starting to love Citrus again)

Sungji fans really love her character development. from the Angel Sungji to Horny Sungji. they're so invested in her character that they want to see her next sex scene with Sumin LOL after chapter 70, I wonder how much she has learned from "sex master" Sumin. since she is a "fast learner" xD on a side note, they should totally make a drama cd for every "fap chapter" it will be eargasm for the readers.

last edited at Jan 19, 2017 8:20PM

joined Aug 29, 2015

Also it could really be me, but Sumin gave me the feeling that she was sick in this chapter. She kept saying she was tired and she looked worn out instead of the pleasured worn out.

What if the author throws a curveball and Sumin is actually the one, who's gonna die. then, we end up with a Sungji x Seju pairing or maybe because Sumin just have jet lagged LOL. if it was the former, then I don't think the fans will like it. so, it won't happen. unless the author takes a risk and do something, we don't expect. but for me. we can already see the conclusion of the mc's story even before it ends.

even though, i criticized WDTFS for it's story development. we can all agree that every reader just wants it to be as good, as we expect it to be. I just really had high expectations for this manhwa because, this is probably the most visually appealing manhwa/manga I've read. so, I had expected the artwork will be as good as the story. oh, well, I'm just gonna put this on my fap list of yuri manga to read xD

there's still 20 chapters left. so, fingers cross, I hope the author will put more effort into the story than making more instructional porn.

last edited at Jan 19, 2017 9:29PM

Jpegnagasawa
joined Feb 19, 2014

I dont understand why people are complaining about how the author should write this way, or the author should write that, or explore this, or whatever. I personally think it's a well-written story, and I dont think Sungji or any other character fell flat at all. In fact, this is heaps better than MOST yuri manga's I've read. Really. And if you're wondering why and how Sungji forgave Sumin so quickly. well, to be honest, we still dont know that yet. we dont know if they'll get back together. Or they could, but Sungji could forever be haunted by Sumin's cheating, and the relationship wont work out.
The point is, is the NOW, the now is that Sungji is still very much in love with Sumin, and she's experienced how painful it is without Sumin. How, she missed Sumin, and how delirious she is without Sumin. And now that Sumin's back, willing, and asking her to taken Sumin back, it's not that hard of a decision. there's no FLAW or whatever else you might think. She's in love. and it should follow any rule, or reason, and she acted on it. And it's easy to give in, because she knows Sumin likes her as well. We've all been there when we're in love. even if the other person pissed you off, or did something douchy, you cant help but just give in.
In the end, all i want to say is that, i think the story's well-written, and I cannot wait for it to unfold, because I'm liking it so far.

joined Dec 9, 2014

Since this is a discussion, people will have to mention the negative side of the characters too. This is what creates arguments, because there is really not much to discuss in the last chapters besides "omg this is so hot" or "kyaa they are so cute and in love"

And some readers are genuinely disappointed. I really don't want to mention the reasons again, since this is getting repetitive.
But what I disagree on, is that this is a good development to give for someone who has been cheated on. Realistically, if someone is really in love and gets cheated, it is way harder to touch that person again so easily. But yeah this is a fiction, so this is asking too much.
I just think Sungji's character should have been stronger. Because Seju was already well developed, so she had to do more than just being cute.

Sungji and Sumin are not back together? Well after this it would be ridiculous imo. Because they just had the most bonding experience, as well as repeatedly saying I love you. So it would really be forced to separate them once again, just for the sake of prolonging the story.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

And if you're wondering why and how Sungji forgave Sumin so quickly. well, to be honest, we still dont know that yet. we dont know if they'll get back together. Or they could, but Sungji could forever be haunted by Sumin's cheating, and the relationship wont work out.

I'm pretty sure that Sumin cheating can never haunt her, and the relationship will work out just fine as long as she keeps being this new developed Sungji, a horny teen.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

Sumin was tired. She asked Sungji to stop I think is because she's dying out of exhaustion and not pleasure. And now that you mentioned it, I'm reminded of one of the chapter somewhere in the second arc, where Sumin went to a doctor because of a back problem. It is possible that it's foreshadowing something like Sumin is sick and dying, and that's the twist. But it's also possible that we're looking too deep into things.

we dont know if they'll get back together. Or they could, but Sungji could forever be haunted by Sumin's cheating, and the relationship wont work out.

Pretty sure the cheating won't be a problem for her. Doesn't even look like it's bothering her. Also, after the intense make up sex and a ton of saying "I love you", Sumin calling Sungji "My Sungji" and Sungji stating that "She wants Sumin." it would be crazy if they're not back together yet.

last edited at Jan 20, 2017 6:28AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Heard that it's written as "Our Sungji" not "My Sungji".

joined Dec 9, 2014

The point is, is the NOW, the now is that Sungji is still very much in love with Sumin, and she's experienced how painful it is without Sumin. How, she missed Sumin, and how delirious she is without Sumin. And now that Sumin's back, willing, and asking her to taken Sumin back, it's not that hard of a decision. there's no FLAW or whatever else you might think. She's in love. and it should follow any rule, or reason, and she acted on it. And it's easy to give in, because she knows Sumin likes her as well.

So being in love is an excuse to forget everything and not even demand an explanation, right. Or not being able to get a hold of her urges?

She was pretty angry when she first caught them cheating, and there was no expand of that part. Sorry but this is kinda silly imo.
But at the end of the day it comes down to personal taste and what someone likes-dislikes in a story.

But I have a feeling Sungji will be revealed to be a genius mastermind who was planning all of this to get Sumin. I mean, she is too plain so far to be a protagonist so they need to add something more to her until the end.

To reply you must either login or sign up.