Forum › Which release(s) are you most anticipating in 2014?

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

As the topic suggest, what are you most looking forward to reading once it is release and/or translated in 2014?

To start us off, I'm a sucker for Virgin's Empire, but I'm also patiently awaiting the next installments of Citrus and Flag Time. As for stories by particular mangaka, I hope next year is chock full of interesting and naughty stories especially by Amano Shuninta and Rokuroichi.

That was my list. What are you looking forward to the most?

last edited at Dec 28, 2013 9:34PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

(I don't look into what has not been translated nor upcoming stuff)

Need doses from Minamoto Hisanari now that Wife & Wife is over.

I am not interested on any of the ongoing stuff... other than nonsensical comedies:
Sakura Trick // Please My God, Please // Yuri Mekuru Hibi // The Real Her

last edited at Dec 28, 2013 9:55PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

In terms of series, what I'm most waiting on at the moment is the rest of Earth Girls, and the other stories in Our First Time.

TBH I'm sort of "trade waiting" on Citrus, Girl Satellite and Flag time, so I can read them all in one shot and not chapter-by-chapter. More Sakura Trick would be nice and I'm hoping for Amber Teahouse: Gold and Silver Tips that got mentioned at the end of the main series. More Rokuroichi would be really nice and of course Takemiya Jin. I'd also love to see some more recent stuff from Mikuni Hajime.

If we're talking far-out crazy dreams, then maybe some yuri in School Police and reciprocation of feelings in The Secret Recipe. But maybe that's a bit too out there.

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

A translated version of Comprehensive Tovarisch! That series is seriously underrated and I'd love to show my non-Japanese-understanding friends a version they can actually read instead of standing over their shoulder while they're reading my physical copy and trying to explain what's happening. Seriously.

Other than that, I agree with the current list you've got up there. Strike Witches' (officially translated) manga spinoffs are going to be released next summer too, and upon hearing that news I immediately had to preorder. Had to.

And if I were to add anything else, it'd probably be everything in my subscribed list, aha. Things like Riko & Haru & Irukawa Hot Springs, Bousou Girls-teki Mousou Renaiteki Suteki Project (B.G.M.R.S.P.), A-Channel, Sakura Trick, Saki, Hayate x Blade, Yuyushiki, Yuru Yuri, Aiura, and such. Did I mention Sakura Trick yet? And Saki?

But what I'm really looking forward to is the future releases in store. Onwards, 2014!

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

A translated version of Comprehensive Tovarisch! That series is seriously underrated and I'd love to show my non-Japanese-understanding friends a version they can actually read instead of standing over their shoulder while they're reading my physical copy and trying to explain what's happening. Seriously.

Other than that, I agree with the current list you've got up there. Strike Witches' (officially translated) manga spinoffs are going to be released next summer too, and upon hearing that news I immediately had to preorder. Had to.

And if I were to add anything else, it'd probably be everything in my subscribed list, aha. Things like Riko & Haru & Irukawa Hot Springs, Bousou Girls-teki Mousou Renaiteki Suteki Project (B.G.M.R.S.P.), A-Channel, Sakura Trick, Saki, Hayate x Blade, Yuyushiki, Yuru Yuri, Aiura, and such. Did I mention Sakura Trick yet? And Saki?

But what I'm really looking forward to is the future releases in store. Onwards, 2014!

You forgot Sakura Trick.

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

How forgetful of me. Must be the aftereffects of anticipating said upcoming anime adaptations.

Anime adaptations.

joined Apr 15, 2011

How forgetful of me. Must be the aftereffects of anticipating said upcoming anime adaptations.

Anime adaptations.

Really? Have they released a date?

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Anime adaptations.

Really? Have they released a date?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=15564

I've read January 9th and January 10th as the air date for the first episode. Less than two weeks. I'm so excited.

last edited at Dec 29, 2013 1:14AM

joined Apr 15, 2011

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=15564

gah, I forgot about that site. i was whining yesterday about no good anime coming out in 2014. now I can go look up what is coming out. thanks for the reminder.

TBH I'm sort of "trade waiting" on Citrus, Girl Satellite and Flag time, so I can read them all in one shot and not chapter-by-chapter. More Sakura Trick would be nice and I'm hoping for Amber Teahouse: Gold and Silver Tips that got mentioned at the end of the main series. More Rokuroichi would be really nice and of course Takemiya Jin. I'd also love to see some more recent stuff from Mikuni Hajime.

Nezchan, I wish I had that kind of patience. Unfortunately, I'd most likely forget what I was reading.

So it "looks" like the most popular series/releases on the reader are the most anticipated. I sort of guessed that would be the case, yet threw this question out as bait to see if some unique titles might pop up. I guess thats not going to be the case. Or will it?

last edited at Dec 29, 2013 10:55AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

gah, I forgot about that site. i was whining yesterday about no good anime coming out in 2014. thanks for the reminder.

Nezchan, I wish I had that kind of patience. Unfortunately, I'd most likely forget what I was reading.

Oh, that's easy. I keep an eye on the forum, and when someone starts getting depressed because the last chapter got posted, it's time to start.

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

gah, I forgot about that site. i was whining yesterday about no good anime coming out in 2014. thanks for the reminder.

Oh, that's easy. I keep an eye on the forum, and when someone starts getting depressed because the last chapter got posted, it's time to start.

Is there an accompanying feeling of superiority over them? – "Ohoho, your Citrus yuri days are over, but mine are just beginning!" I quite like that idea. If only I had enough self-control to resist the release page.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh man, I forgot my most hotly awaited series at the moment, KASE-SAN!! How could I forget to mention something like that?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

The Golden Series of Hirari, obviously.

Oh man, I forgot my most hotly awaited series at the moment, KASE-SAN!! How could I forget to mention something like that?

Like this, Fujio's Under One Roof, and that "just-bizarre-enough-to-be-a-favorite", Miniature Garden Cosmos.

Other than that, it's gotta be

A translated version of Comprehensive Tovarisch!

along with Happy End, Collectors, and anything by Vivit Gray or Personal Color (Finish "Being, Becoming..." already!).

...Of course I'm also looking forward to the anime stuff as well, but I'm taking a more "wait-and-see" approach with those.

last edited at Dec 29, 2013 1:16PM

joined Apr 15, 2011

@Nezchan, hehehe... I forgot about Kase-san too and after I just reread all the chapters to refresh my memory.

along with Happy End, Collectors, and anything by Vivit Gray or Personal Color (Finish "Being, Becoming..." already!).

...Of course I'm also looking forward to the anime stuff as well, but I'm taking a more "wait-and-see" approach with those.

for some reason, I thought Happy End had been shelved. glad to know I am wrong. As for anime, blech, I just don't see any wow type stuff coming out so I agree with you on the "wait-and-see" approach.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Almost forgot about another... now that Notes From The Garden Of Lilies is done as well, I want more from Suga Atsushi.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Hey, anyone else dreaming about maybe getting another chapter of Cirno and Reimu's One-Two-Three this year?

last edited at Dec 29, 2013 5:53PM

joined Apr 15, 2011

Hey, anyone else dreaming about maybe getting another chapter of Cirno and Reimu's One-Two-Three this year?

is that/are those characters from Touhou?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

is that/are those characters from Touhou?

Yeah, it's an ongoing story of a pretty cracky pairing that this author somehow makes work really well. It's been sitting on a big cliffhanger for quite a while now, and hopefully there'll be another installment at some point.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

there is a new work of ootomo megane, and one of rochuroichi, on yuri project,
for these, i'm set to wait the final version, instead to read the raws with the traslation apart, like i often do

joined Apr 15, 2011

for these, i'm set to wait the final version, instead to read the raws with the traslation apart, like i often do

As for Rokuroichi, you mean the works from the Girl x Girl Collection? That's the one I am most looking forward to reading.

Also, which Ootomo Megane are you referring to?

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

As for Rokuroichi, you mean the works from the Girl x Girl Collection? That's the one I am most looking forward to reading.

I'm waiting for Girl x Girl as well. I've been seeing it on the board. Pretty excited for more Rokuroichi.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

it's futari, i need more ootomo megane to calm down my glasses-fetish,
but i like all the artist in tsubomi, and i like how i always find new authors i didn't know,

ah, i forgot Shuninta's "the feeling we all..."

joined Apr 15, 2011

crap, only 1 day left. I'm going to miss 2013! there were so many good releases.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Almost forgot... Maybe the follow-up for Sisterism by Yoshitomi Akihito? :D

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Hmm- Comprehensive Tovarisch, Citrus, flag time, Kase-san, Sakrus trick (Bring on the anime! - Just dont DARE water down the yuri!)

Anything by - Yoshitomi Akihito, Morinaga, Suga Atsushi, Mikuni Hajime, Morishima Akiko, Hakka-ya - probably others im forgetting :)

And yes - certainly cirno and reimu's one two three-

I've been dying to know what happens next- I dont get why a mangaka would stop for like a whole year on such a cliff hanger- and presumably release other stuff - and leave fans hanging so badly. It should of been done for this winters comiket but wasnt- hopefuly the next one- when is that- like middle of summer?

I dont keep up with whats new coming in manga realy- I usualy first hear of a new yuri manga when it lands here :)

I usualy keep up a bit more on what anime are coming - but beyond sakura trick i dont know of any coming that will have much/any yuri.

edit. DAMN ME - I nearly forgot - MISS SUNFLOWER! lol I look forward to the next chapter more than anything else i think!

last edited at Dec 31, 2013 5:53AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.