Forum › Which release(s) are you most anticipating in 2014?

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

I just realized that Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha the anime is coming out this year. There is some yuri feelings in it, but we're still waiting for a conclusion to that in the manga. It's blatant and addressed, so I'm excited to see how they deal with it in the anime. I just finished Red Garden so I'm on the hunt for anime with subtle yuri themes. I hope some more come out this year!

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

@esn - i'm surprised and it still irks me to some degree that no production company/independant/free-lancer will pick a book and turn it into an anime. the last 3 years have had some great stuff produced. I wish they'd see the little niche market out there instead of tossing table scraps through fan service and lousy sub-text :-(

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

@esn - i'm surprised and it still irks me to some degree that no production company/independant/free-lancer will pick a book and turn it into an anime. the last 3 years have had some great stuff produced. I wish they'd see the little niche market out there instead of tossing table scraps through fan service and lousy sub-text :-(

I'd love to have a Hanjuku Joshi/Girl Friends/Kase-San anime... But don't we all? I'd buy up all their dvds. And posters. Etc. Hell, I would make the market myself if I had to.

Though Red Garden was pretty blatant, it never amounted to anything :( Sad life. I guess Sakura Trick was chosen because it's mostly comedy, right?

I really dislike that most of the yuri tones I see are either the crazy psychotic lesbian side who is creepy as hell, or the comedic women-lovers. But I think that's a pretty common opinion. It irks me because I think that there could be a market for genuine yuri – straight or gay males and females would watch it. I have guy friends who are up to go watch foreign lesbian romance flicks with me, it's not a lost cause or anything.

That said. C'mon. Kase is to die for. Chicks would be watching that shit. Guaranteed.

last edited at Jan 2, 2014 1:51AM

joined Apr 15, 2011

you're probably right :-)

EDIT: actually, I think Kase-san could be live action. it'd be the perfect after-school special :-D

last edited at Jan 2, 2014 3:30AM

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Have we also mentioned Akuma no Riddle, which is slated for an April anime release date? I really hope more chapters of the manga gets translated to English soon.

actually, I think Kase-san could be live action. it'd be the perfect after-school special :-D

I wonder what female actress could pull off Kase. I haven't really watched any live-action, so I'm not familiar with any actresses. I'm open to recommendations.

joined Apr 15, 2011

I wonder what female actress could pull off Kase. I haven't really watched any live-action, so I'm not familiar with any actresses. I'm open to recommendations.

good question. don't know since I don't really watch live-action, except running across a copy of Cutey Honey live action. man that was weird movie! heh, the chick that played Cutey Honey might have made an even cuter Yamada-san way back when. don't know about now tho.

last edited at Jan 2, 2014 1:37PM

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

good question. don't know since I don't really watch live-action, except running across a copy of Cutey Honey live action. man that was weird movie! heh, the chick that played Cutey Honey might have made an even cuter Yamada-san way back when. don't know about now tho.

I just watched a preview. That was hilarious.

I think Kase would be more suited to an anime given the extreme expressions and copious amounts of blushing – it just wouldn't be the same without that blushing.

Speaking of releases – does anyone know how often YH Wildrose is published? That's something that I haven't found through google.

To reply you must either login or sign up.