Forum › Like a Star discussion

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

meh, feels forced

Icon-2
joined Sep 24, 2013

meh, feels forced

Well, it's probably my favourite ReiMari doujin, though. I love how it discusses the rivalry and the human/not-human thing between them, how Marisa feels inferior because of Reimu's undeniable strength, and how it was all settled nicely. It's probably better if you read the version in the "Starlight Parade" compilation, though, since it adds a lot of stuff Benisyake wasn't able to make in time, like clearing up Yukari's motives. It turns out that she just wanted to create a situation where Marisa would have to get stronger in order to have her on equal footing with Reimu, so their relationship would be healthier or something.

But yeah, I love it. :D

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

Uwah, a staggering 86-paged chapter. I really liked how the mangaka managed to put forth that much effort (and poprication still had more in mind?!) and I can see how complex of a story this is supposed to be.

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

I'm just so glad that Benishake draws ReiMari, her plots have a deep feeling that gives a special significance to the history, and I love it. Her histories are just the best!!

Fp
joined Apr 29, 2014

Read it while listening to the song senya - Miserable no Shizuku is very sad but you will be happy in the end
https://youtu.be/_OzTifFuRNE

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

It took me forever to realize another chapter was uploaded.
I mean I translated all 3 chapters into my language, and uploaded them, and around 3 years later I realize another chapter is up. That's a strange feeling.

Still, it brought back many memories about this doujinshi. One of the best ReiMari doujin ever.

AquarianDemocrat
Retry
joined Jan 23, 2012

Yeah, I definitely agree this is one of the best ReiMari doujins. Probably the best in my opinion. I randomly think of scenes or lines from this doujin sometimes, and I can count on one hand the number of manga/doujins where that happens for me. It's also one of the few doujins I periodically re-read.

joined Jun 28, 2017

This is without a doubt Poprication's worst ReiMari doujinshi and probably the worst doujinshi of them all. I agree that everything is very forced just to make Reimu seem weak and melancholy and Marisa look strong and dynamic. I am aware that most people want dark haired characters to appear weak, but it's pitiful when another author subjects to the will of the majority instead of staying true to the characters and writing a good story.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

...I am aware that most people want dark haired characters to appear weak...

Wait, what?

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

...I am aware that most people want dark haired characters to appear weak...

Wait, what?

Yeah. The hell are you talking about mate? There are several dark haired characters that are badasses and Win almost all the time. Reimu is one of them. We have also Sarada from Boruto and that psycho Kuroko from Murcielago, Asuka from Tekken and how about WonderWoman? One of the strongest characters from DC? Kirka from Noir, Sieg from the Nanoha series (She´s the current champion), Lust from FMA, Ruby and Yang´s mother from RWBY?

And how about the boys? Spike from Cowboy Bebop, Luffy from One Piece, Kouga from InuYasha, Roy Mustang from FMA, Goku from DBZ, etc.

I don't know where you got that from. I personally think a Raven haired girl always gives a strong, mysterious vibe.

last edited at Jun 27, 2018 8:43PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, Goku is stronger when he's a blonde.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Well, Goku is stronger when he's a blonde.

Supersayan 4?

Smol%20profilepic
joined Nov 3, 2020

Usually, Touhou dialogue is pretty snappy, but in this doujin everyone is an ass

C15-imresizer
joined Oct 28, 2021

nice ᗜˬᗜ

To reply you must either login or sign up.