Forum › Hitoribocchi no OO Seikatsu discussion

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Nako's 'bully' face is my new favorite thing, though.

joined Feb 6, 2016

Maybe nako is getting jealous, so bcs of that she is mean when it's about the bocchi "friends"? (or maybe it's just a bad person)

joined May 23, 2015

The one time Nako did actually get jealous, things got kind of ugly.

She's been a troll since the very first chapter. The majority of the second chapter was solely about her trolling Bocchi.

That kind of lessened when Aru came along for her to troll so much more easily, but she's still always going after Bocchi.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

God I needed this dose of cuteness so much.

joined May 20, 2013

¦3

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

This manga always makes me feel happy.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Hahaha yeesss Hitoribocchi's the best
People's favourite characters always differ, but one's things for sure, whichever the characters of the scene are, their dynamics are wonderful. There's quite a few characters now too, so it's nicely diversified.
(ex: Nako and Aru, Bocchi and Nako, Bocchi and Sotoka, Bocchi and a side character, Nako and the teacher, Bochi and Aru. It's also a nice change, when the tsukkomi role alters between Nako and Aru, or the strong girl, or in this case, when Nako and Aru teamed up and were both reacting at Sotoka and Bocchi)

Oh, I don't remember at all, when was that/was was that about?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

puff

last edited at Nov 9, 2016 8:52PM

joined Sep 21, 2014

puff

Oh, what I had imagined for "ugly" led me to exclude that chapter

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Nako's 'bully' face is my new favorite thing, though.

Yes. This. It's wondrous.

¦3

Been wondering how to do this emote.

last edited at Nov 9, 2016 10:07PM

joined May 23, 2015

¯ω¯

As a side note, there's this other manga titled "Furara Hitori de Dekimasen" (Furara Can't Do It By Herself) that is vaguely similar to Bocchi in concept, in that it also stars a character with extreme social anxiety who can't handle doing things on her own. But I couldn't even enjoy it because every situation ends with the other characters giving in and fixing the problem for her. And that's something that I think sets Bocchi apart for me, not just from Furara, but from pretty much every other series that deals with any sort of social anxiety (I'm looking at you watamote) or hikikomori.

Although somewhat cutesified, it's a fairly accurate depiction of social anxiety, but beyond and above that, it shows her seriously working to overcome it, and (here's what really sets it apart) the characters don't enable her behavior, never force her, but actively support her and aide her in doing all these things on her own, so that she's actually able to grow.

This series is actually a really good guide on how to handle friends with social anxiety.

Though Kai's method is a bit too extreme... (But it was the push Bocchi needed, and I doubt anything else would have done it, so I'm conflicted.)

joined Sep 21, 2014

Yeesss moguTL, I agree, it's just lovely.
When I'm reading this, I'm just thinking like wow they're (Bocchi's friends) really good friends, they're so supportive towards her, it's really feelsgood to read (◡‿◡✿)

Nlridingaa
joined Aug 15, 2016

A whole chapter dedicated to the cute teacher, I have reached 4coma nirvana! :D Also it was hilarious.

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

Sotoka-chan needs some love, seriously. Bocchi seems to always unintentionally hurt this girl every other chapter. Or so it seems that way anyway.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Sotoka-chan needs some love, seriously. Bocchi seems to always unintentionally hurt this girl every other chapter. Or so it seems that way anyway.

It makes sense given the way their characters are set up, and acts as a source of conflict throughout the series. Sotoka tends to read very deeply into her interactions with Bocchi, and Bocchi has trouble with socialization in general, let alone intimate relationships like a close friendship (friend ship?). "Bocchi says or does something that unintentionally hurts Sotoka's feelings and now Bocchi has to make up with her" has become a recurring story element within the series.

joined Feb 6, 2016

It makes me sad when I see bocchi crying :(

joined May 20, 2013

rip Teruchan

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

We got a love confession! An actual love confession! More fuel to the Sotoka x Bocchi fire!

Girl%20with%20a%20black%20cat%20avatar
joined Dec 27, 2015

In case of a real fire, that class probably doesn't make it, sorry to say.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Poor Teru-chan-sensei gets no respect lol

joined May 23, 2015

We got a love confession! An actual love confession! More fuel to the Sotoka x Bocchi fire!

I hate to tell you, but it's pretty clearly meant "as friends".

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

I love that teacher! She's adorable!

Mpw-62541
joined Sep 22, 2014

That's unfair my a heart wasn't ready for Teruchan.

Soulless Watcher
Maxresdefault
joined Apr 25, 2016

Teruchan...... Gambatte!

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Ahahahaha that was a good chapter. Poor Teru-chan though, it's the kids' fault for trolling her XD

To reply you must either login or sign up.