Forum › Valkyrie Drive: Aftermath discussion

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

I can't stop laughing after the CharlottexKasumixHibiki threesome hahaha xD

joined Jul 31, 2013

I like Hibiki and Mamori and their monogamous relationships from the show, but this author is really good.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I was never a fan of Mamori too, but her character is used to its best potential; comedy. Art is really great, story is funny and good. Seems like this author could write a good comedy-yuri that is not the typical "school-girl" type.

But I hope there is some Lady Lady next too. Seriously, best couple of VDM imo.

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

so when Mamori left her that doesn't mean she dislikes her right? It's just the parents the parents... right?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

She forgot. ditzy

last edited at Nov 29, 2016 8:38PM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

I seem to be the only one who didn't like them.

joined Jan 31, 2013

Well that was a fun read. And those luscious lips, oh my!

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 15, 2014

Holy hell what the hell

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

You're never alone in these things.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

They didn't really stick out to me either. I liked the the girl who could grow into a giant and her gf, Mamori and Mirei, and Kasumi and Hibiki, but it seems a lot of people saw fit to diminish or make fun of them for one reason or another, which they're entitled to do I suppose.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

They didn't really stick out to me either. I liked the the girl who could grow into a giant and her gf, Mamori and Mirei, and Kasumi and Hibiki, but it seems a lot of people saw fit to diminish or make fun of them for one reason or another, which they're entitled to do I suppose.

A kindred spirit, I see!

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I, on the other hand liked them from the first seconds they appeared on screen lol. And this doesn't happen to me often.

Well, some ppl don't like Mamori and Mirei, because Mamori is just too dense and the classic all innocent- kinda boring girl. At least that's my main reason.
I've seen others also dislike her because it seemed like she liked Akira more than Mirei, and all that talk about looking for her prince etc. I dont care about that part, but imo her relationship with Mirei was just not very good developed until the end of the anime. Also it seemed like they were supposed to be together because they were the main characters, not because their dynamic was very natural.

Hibike only appeared on screen for like 4 minutes, so not enough screentime to get developed and be more likeable.
Charlotte is not my type, but I think she made a more interesting match with Kasumi.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Charlotte is not my type, but I think she made a more interesting match with Kasumi.

To me it seemed like they hated eachother...

joined Dec 9, 2014

To me it seemed like they hated eachother...

Yes they probably did, but they got more screentime together than Kasumi and Hibiki, and some people like seeing a hate relationship turning into love or lust. Just maybe why this author drew them together too.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Saejima x Ichiha is my OTP.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Oh don't get me wrong I understand why those pairings aren't well liked. I just liked them anyway. In Mirei and Mamori's case, I thought it was sweet to see a very cool and capable woman crush big time on a ditzy girl. I didn't find it forced. Mamori didn't necessarily reciprocate at first but that's true of most crushes. Some of my closest friendships weren't exactly natural to begin with, but became so overtime.

last edited at Apr 26, 2017 1:29AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

That is true, a lot of the vitriol Mamori gets is because she didn't fell head over heels for Mirei as soon as they met. Personally I enjoyed the way their relationship was slowly developed through the whole series.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Art is gorgeous. I'm not I follow the threesome drama plot, but it's ight, the jokes were great

That is true, a lot of the vitriol Mamori gets is because she didn't fell head over heels for Mirei as soon as they met. Personally I enjoyed the way their relationship was slowly developed through the whole series.

Mirei didnt either from what i remember, but she was pretty gentle and protective of Mamori, Mirei was the sweetest TTvTT Of the two, Mirei is the real cutie. I don't remember when it seems like Mirei had feels and all, she always seemed attached in a way, a fondness that seemed to escalate. I'll probs rewatch it sooner or later.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Mirei didnt either from what i remember, but she was pretty gentle and protective of Mamori, Mirei was the sweetest TTvTT Of the two, Mirei is the real cutie. I don't remember when it seems like Mirei had feels and all, she always seemed attached in a way, a fondness that seemed to escalate. I'll probs rewatch it sooner or later.

I took it for granted while I was watching the series based on the attention and affection she showed Mamori, and how annoyed she was with Mamori's thing for Akira. I thought the most damning evidence was during the flashback to Mirei's past. She gets arrested for protecting a girl who looks just like Mamori, and it's established that she's no longer connected to any organization by the start of the first episode, so she latches onto Mamori, by my estimation, because she's her type.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I'd say Mirei's attraction is clearly stated by the way she blushes after realizing she's groping Mamori in the first episode. Her protectiveness on the other hand is alluded to in the brief appearance of Momoka during the opening scene of episode 2.

Besides the reveal that Mirei has a thing for braided girls of course.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Mirei is super princely and smooth tbh. Most of what she did, besides fighting, was sweeping Mamori off her feet, I'm surprised Mamori didn't fall for her harder/since the beginning

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

New pages are up on /u/

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013
drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Updated with pages 18-21

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

It looks like the new pages got accidentally placed at the beginning, when they belong at the end

edit: already fixed

last edited at May 14, 2017 2:46AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.