Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

joined Jun 12, 2015

I like WDTFS and The Love Doctor. Each of them for different reasons. Speaking of Lezhin yuri manhwa. Is anyone reading Serenade and My Girlfriend's Ex-Boyfriend? Both are quite good.

I think I did read their free chapters only. Do you think people who like dramas in WDTFS would like those manhwas too?

In Serenade there's a yandare girl and physical abuse. So I think they would like it. My Girlfriend's Ex-Boyfriend is fluffy so far.

joined Nov 2, 2016

I guess if sungji is a real person... she must be listening to Sam Smith's (i know im not the only one! )

Thats what i do (listening to that damn song) everytime i see brunette and pinky on screen.

If Dawoon reappears... i might go Lady Gaga!

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

^

I found Love Doctor far better than WDTFS. Like centuries better than it.

The representation of lesbians in WDTFS makes me wanna puke sp bad. Not that i hate the story, but author is showing lesbians to have sex with every woman even though they are already in love with someone. Seriously the author is indirectly labeling lesbians as sluts.

And any one trying to defend it saying 'ah thats what mature people do when feel lonely like duh' are plain stupid idiots and are supporting that its fine to cheat on your love partner if someone remove clothes in front of you.

umm... it's just what happens in this story... it doesn't mean that the author is doing that to represent mature lesbian women this way... they're probably doing it to play havoc with out feelings >.>

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Sungji already "fought" for Sumin. She was patient all along, she didn't pressure Sumin to tell her anything and she just loved her regardless.

It's sad If Sungji thinks of what she did is her fighting for Sumin. I believe Sumin never wanted anyone to have a hard time when dating her. If Sumin knew Sungji was not really happy as she said, I would say Sumin would have ended her relationship with Sungji since long time ago like she did to the other exes.

It's not clear at all what Sungji really wanted. Sumin did run after her and explained herself to her. I don't think Sumin would know how further explanation she was supposed to explain to Sungji. Would telling Sungji about her lovey-dovey relationship with Seju in the past, or their 10 years toxic relationship help convince her better? It's like everything about Sumin was okay; It's like Sungji didn't mind at all the fact that Sumin always seemed to be ready to leave her, Sumin didn't express her feeling, Sumin didn't tell her about Seju, etc. But after the cheating, Sungji started bringing those things up to mess up things even more.

I would say the best way to test Sumin's love is giving her a chance to prove it. But Sungji didn't seem to want to test it anyway, apparently, she was genuinely enjoying spending time together with Dawoon.

Considering Sumin has/had feelings for Seju obviously she didn't see a future.

I didn't see Sungji's future either, not from a reader's perspective but from Sungji's. She's as slow as a turtle. :P

last edited at Nov 9, 2016 9:06PM

12832548_732179150258573_3468752615206849752_n
joined Mar 19, 2016

Sungji already "fought" for Sumin. She was patient all along, she didn't pressure Sumin to tell her anything and she just loved her regardless.

It's sad If Sungji thinks of what she did is her fighting for Sumin. I believe Sumin never wanted anyone to have a hard time when dating her. If Sungji knew Sungji was not really happy as she said, I would say Sumin would have ended her relationship with Sungji since long time ago like she did to the other exes.

It's not clear at all what Sungji really wanted. Sumin did run after her and explained herself to her. I don't think Sumin would know how further explanation she was supposed to explain to Sungji. Would telling Sungji about her lovey-dovey relationship with Seju in the past, or their 10 years toxic relationship help convince her better? It's like everything about Sumin was okay; It's like Sungji didn't mind at all the fact that Sumin always seemed to be ready to leave her, Sumin didn't express her feeling, Sumin didn't tell her about Seju, etc. But after the cheating, Sungji started bringing those things up to mess up things even more.

I would say the best way to test Sumin's love is giving her a chance to prove it. But Sungji didn't seem to want to test it anyway, apparently, she was genuinely enjoying spending time together with Dawoon.

Considering Sumin has/had feelings for Seju obviously she didn't see a future.

I didn't see Sungji's future either, not from a reader's perceptive but from Sungji's. She's as slow as a turtle. :P

Yes, Sumin run after her but she told to sungji "I hope you do not hold on to my memories for long time", Sumin was the first between them who mentioned a possible rupture. After that she just was sad and could not talk with Sungji. And now, when she knows that another person wants something with Sungji, now that Sungji wants to talk with her, she just did nothing.

Obviously, there were some opportunities when Sungji was anxious about the relation but we cannot forget that was Seju who makes Sungji feel insignificant..If they had not talked, Sungji´s attitude would be different. She did not push to Sumin to talk but an infidelity is too much.. she cannot forget everything just because Sumin ran after her the first time. They need to reestablich the trust.

last edited at Nov 9, 2016 4:36PM

joined Mar 8, 2014

Yes, exactly they would need to reestablish the trust.
I wouldn't say what Sungji did was "fight" per se. She shouldn't have to. But she made an effort to keep the relationship going and yes I do agree Sumin might have broken up with her if she knew Sungji was suffering because of her. But what was Sungji supposed to do differently? The only thing she could've done is not break up with Sumin as soon as she found out that Seju and her had been exes or demand an explanation. I think Sungji tried what she thought was the best solution. You shouldn't have to fight for someone to be with them because if they really wanted you then they wouldn't let you make all the effort. However, Sungji was making all the effort before (being the one to express her feelings the most) and Sumin did little, more like she tried to push her away. So now Sumin would have to make the effort to get Sungji back. Sungji can't just forgive her and then go back to her and expect Sumin to change and show her love. For one I wouldn't want to get intimate with someone who had just cheated on me without any reassurance that they do truly love me. Sumin failed to do that. It's obvious It's Sumin who should've taken the initiative... Sungji didn't really avoid Sumin but Sumin didn't face Sungji or try to show her love to her.
And yes it was wrong of Sungji to be so passive and then bring out all the issues forward once the harm was done. But at least that means people can't say she's a Mary Sue... -.- She obviously finds Dawoon attractive and ran to her embrace as soon as she realised she was getting what she never got from Sumin. The attention Dawoon gives her is something Sumin never gave her and that's why she got so caught up with it. And yeah, it's not the best thing to do but I think Sungji feels really lonely now and she doesn't know what else to do.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Before Sumin cheated on Sungji, Sungji trusted Sumin with all her heart/lung/spleen/stomach. She was able to build up that so much trust in Sumin while Sumin had been being herself all the time. Does Sumin really have to change now to reestablish the trust?

You can't say Sungji alone made an effort to keep the relationship going, Sumin did it too. It's just that Sumin never really care about assuring Sungji that she loved Sungji now not Seju because Sumin knew nothing about what Seju told Sungji. It's Sungji's fault for not speaking it out.

After the cheating, Sumin made an effort to talk to Sungji too. She took the bus with Sungji, but Sungji fell asleep before she could start telling her anything, and again, she tried to bring Sungji her umbrella, but Sungji was intentionally sharing an umbrella with Dawoon.

But at least that means people can't say she's a Mary Sue... -.-

iirc, you're the one who started saying that she's a Mary Sue. ;D But really, I like that Mary Sue version of hers more. She was the coolest back then in the chapter 51.

Natsuki
joined Feb 5, 2015

I honestly didn't expect that break up. Even if both Sumin and Sungji did fight for that relationship in their own ways, I think the lack of communication between them about the important thing is what broke them. Sumin with all of her secrets of her past relationship and Sungji not telling Sumin what's really bothering her. Now what I want to know is whether Sungji's going to turn Dawoon down for good or return Dawoon's feeling. Anyway, despite of what happened, I still think that team blonde will be the end game.

The representation of lesbians in WDTFS makes me wanna puke sp bad. Not that i hate the story, but author is showing lesbians to have sex with every woman even though they are already in love with someone. Seriously the author is indirectly labeling lesbians as sluts.

And any one trying to defend it saying 'ah thats what mature people do when feel lonely like duh' are plain stupid idiots and are supporting that its fine to cheat on your love partner if someone remove clothes in front of you.

I don't think that's what the author is trying to do here. I think they're trying to portray a person who feels so hollow on the inside and trying to find something to fill the void. Also we shouldn't forget that Sumin sleeping with lots of women is also a part of her revenge. But aside of her and probably Nami, there's no one else in this story who is sleeping with just any living women.
And if you are talking about the cheating part, then it's not just lesbians, even straight people does that, and to me, it's the person and not their sexuality.

joined Mar 8, 2014

Before Sumin cheated on Sungji, Sungji trusted Sumin with all her heart/lung/spleen/stomach. She was able to build up that so much trust in Sumin while Sumin had been being herself all the time. Does Sumin really have to change now to reestablish the trust?

I don't think Sungji really trusted Sumin that much. It feels like she really wanted to trust her and basically fooled herself into thinking she did. Sumin doesn't have to change, she just needs to be more open.

You can't say Sungji alone made an effort to keep the relationship going, Sumin did it too. It's just that Sumin never really care about assuring Sungji that she loved Sungji now not Seju because Sumin knew nothing about what Seju told Sungji. It's Sungji's fault for not speaking it out.

Of course Sumin did things too or else she'd be a total jerk. She tried to make Sungji happy as she herself said but she was never open about her feelings and always hid things that's what I mean when I say she didn't make an effort. I mean she didn't make an effort to communicate.

After the cheating, Sumin made an effort to talk to Sungji too. She took the bus with Sungji, but Sungji fell asleep before she could start telling her anything, and again, she tried to bring Sungji her umbrella, but Sungji was intentionally sharing an umbrella with Dawoon.

Yes, she did but it largely felt as though she felt like she shouldn't pressure Sungji too much because she felt like she deserved Sungji to break up with her. I'm sure Sungji wanted to be pressured to some extent. She wanted Sumin to show her her feelings. But I think she also ran away from it to some extent and fell into Dawoon's embrace as a form of escapism and kind of unconsciously pushed Sumin away (maybe also unconsciously tried to make her jealous). Of course Sungji didn't do everything right either but I think most of the responsibility lies on Sumin. She was the one who messed things up in the first place so it was her place to try harder to fix them.
That being said I think she will finally snap out of it and do something now that they broke up.

But at least that means people can't say she's a Mary Sue... -.-

iirc, you're the one who started saying that she's a Mary Sue. ;D But really, I like that Mary Sue version of hers more. She was the coolest back then in the chapter 51.

I said it seems like people think she's a Mary Sue but I always mentioned I thought she wasn't as innocent as she seemed and she is not. She really likes attention as shown by her behaviour with Dawoon and she also wants reassurance; in a way she is kind of similar to Seju but to a lesser extent and she also hides it very well. I mentioned before I thought she had things in common with Seju. Yeah and well maybe she was "cooler" but... Seju is really messed up and everyone likes her and thinks she's relatable because she's so troubled... but now that Sungji shows her true colours everyone seems disappointed for some reason... I always liked Sungji from the start and I could tell the authors were purposely keeping information about her just to dump everything at once near the end; like with Dawoon... and we still need to find out more about her parents and her childhood... if it doesn't get addressed I'm gonna be soooooo mad ><

But that being said, I think the true reason Sungji broke up with Sumin is because she could not forget and leave behind what happened. As we see Sungji does not harbour the same hatred Sumin did towards Seju when we cheated. It's not about her being unable to forgive and honest mistake. It's more about her not feeling secure in the relationship anymore and thinking she won't be happy. I believe that if Sumin had told Sungji what happened and apologised to her instead of Sungji bumping in to them in the act it's likely Sungji would have forgive her. But seeing an image like that and having it imprinted in your memory makes it hard to let go. She can't be with Sumin if every time Sumin touches her that image comes back to her mind. She did mention she wasn't able to forgive Sumin and she didn't know what to do implying that she kind of wanted to be able to forgive Sumin but she was not able to. She probably feels like their feelings are not mutual in any case and that's a good reason to break up with someone.

As for my predictionssss... Honestly, Sumin is pretty focused on Sungji. It feels like she will try to get her back somehow because if not then Sungji would become irrelevant and that can't happen. Sungji is the first character that is introduced in the story; meaning that she cannot become irrelevant. On the other hand Seju is kind of taking her life matters into her hands and going against her family and doing things right? I think we haven't seen much of her because the story has to focus on Sungji for now... but I believe we will see soon that her stance has kind of changed and that she is not "evil mode" anymore. I think she's going to ditch Sumin the same way she ditched her family to be honest... and it might end in the way I predicted... both Seju and Sungji dumping Sumin because she is no good for either of them. In the end they realise they can somehow relate to each other and forget the rivalry? Or Sumin finally realises that even though she did love Seju things had changed now and what she actually loved were the memories and she insists of Sungji getting back to her but maybe Sungji is already with Dawoon and Sumin gets jealous blah blah blah blah... and she gets angry (her trigger) and blurts out all of her feelings to Sungji and then Sungji decides she can't live without Sumin... Idk, maybe that's a bit cliche -.-, but it would probably done in a none cliche way.

12832548_732179150258573_3468752615206849752_n
joined Mar 19, 2016

From my perspective that Sungji decided to finish the relationship show us another face of her..her human site...something that a lot of people have bee questioning. Because her innocence and purity was difficult to believe. For me, If Sungji had forgiven to Sumin so eassy that would be unreal, forget a infidelity is not an eassy decision and sometimes we need do wrong things to understand that. As you know WDTFS is a story that show us the positive and negative human aspects.

I just hope, new chapters will be interesting to read... Although I like the couple of Sumin and Sunji, I like when I cannot imagine what coulb happen in the story :)

last edited at Nov 11, 2016 7:47PM

joined Nov 2, 2016

"Sungji is the first character that is introduced in the story; meaning that she cannot become irrelevant."

Yes i do agree with this. She's the first person who got introduced in this story.

Or maybe im just too obsessed with team blondy than team pinky.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Of course Sumin did things too or else she'd be a total jerk. She tried to make Sungji happy as she herself said but she was never open about her feelings and always hid things that's what I mean when I say she didn't make an effort. I mean she didn't make an effort to communicate.

She didn't express her feeling because she was embarrassed. She didn't tell Sungji about her relationship with Seju because it was unnecessary to, and because Sungji said it was fine if she wanted to keep her secrets. imo, everything Sumin has done is right except the fact that she cheated on Sungji. She should have tried harder to get Sungji back, but I would say the only thing she could have done differently was clinging to Sungji as Seju did to her. And we all know that doing that would never lead to them making up. Sungji was the one who could make the decision on this whole breaking up. She could have saved the relationship, but she didn't trust or love Sumin enough to do so.

joined Aug 18, 2015

seriously? unnecessary to tell your gf 1) u both r working for your ex? 2) u still have some feelings left for the ex? 3) u & your ex have not had a clean break? Sungji did say she doesn't need to know abt Sumin's past like dating history. Seju is far from Sumin's past.

Sumin didn't treat Sungji well like a gf should be. Sungji was the one who wanted to do all dating activities. To Sumin, they were all foreign to her. Just like the flashback in the latest chapter, Sungji was so adorable waiting for Sumin even though she was exhausted. She has always been very honest with her feelings. Not so much with Sumin.

the break is necessary for all parties, especially for Sumin. She will need to reevaluate her feelings.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

seriously? unnecessary to tell your gf 1) u both r working for your ex? 2) u still have some feelings left for the ex? 3) u & your ex have not had a clean break? Sungji did say she doesn't need to know abt Sumin's past like dating history. Seju is far from Sumin's past.

Sumin didn't treat Sungji well like a gf should be. Sungji was the one who wanted to do all dating activities. To Sumin, they were all foreign to her. Just like the flashback in the latest chapter, Sungji was so adorable waiting for Sumin even though she was exhausted. She has always been very honest with her feelings. Not so much with Sumin.

the break is necessary for all parties, especially for Sumin. She will need to reevaluate her feelings.

Yeah, they both are working for Seju, but I don't think Sumin had any idea that Seju would act like a psycho ex and bother Sungji because when Seju was with her, Seju didn't seem to mind talking about her dating Sungji at all; she even gave her a support. Sumin only realized that she was still in love with Seju after the whole Seju sleeping with Nami incident, which means before that, she didn't know Seju could do anything to break her relationship with Sungji. As we could see, she tried to cut tie with Seju as soon as she realized that she had a feeling for Seju.

I think Sumin did treat Sungji well like what a girlfriend should do. She didn't like doing all of those dating activities, yet she agreed to do them all. She gave Sungji toys, drove her home, bandaged her injury, told her to go to the hospital, took her to the dinners, gave her a ring, told her to go off work on time, etc. What has Sungji done for Sumin more than Sumin did for her? Sungji loved to express her feeling by telling Sumin how she felt, while Sumin seemed to prefer showing her feeling through her actions instead. That didn't imply that Sungji loved Sumin more than Sumin loved her. Lovers are able to feel it without one another stating everything out, aren't they.

Seju is going to get Sumin back. Sumin has decided to choose Sungji over Seju. If this breakup was necessary, it would be for Sungji only. I think Sungji does need time to deal with her own personal issue with Dawoon, and reconsider if she could accept someone as damaged as Sumin.

joined Mar 8, 2014

Yeah, they both are working for Seju, but I don't think Sumin had any idea that Seju would act like a psycho ex and bother Sungji because when Seju was with her, Seju didn't seem to mind talking about her dating Sungji at all; she even gave her a support. Sumin only realized that she was still in love with Seju after the whole Seju sleeping with Nami incident, which means before that, she didn't know Seju could do anything to break her relationship with Sungji. As we could see, she tried to cut tie with Seju as soon as she realized that she had a feeling for Seju.

I think Sumin did treat Sungji well like what a girlfriend should do. She didn't like doing all of those dating activities, yet she agreed to do them all. She gave Sungji toys, drove her home, bandaged her injury, told her to go to the hospital, took her to the dinners, gave her a ring, told her to go off work on time, etc. What has Sungji done for Sumin more than Sumin did for her? Sungji loved to express her feeling by telling Sumin how she felt, while Sumin seemed to prefer showing her feeling through her actions instead. That didn't imply that Sungji loved Sumin more than Sumin loved her. Lovers are able to feel it without one another stating everything out, aren't they.

Seju is going to get Sumin back. Sumin has decided to choose Sungji over Seju. If this breakup was necessary, it would be for Sungji only. I think Sungji does need time to deal with her own personal issue with Dawoon, and reconsider if she could accept someone as damaged as Sumin.

Salute to your post... Agreed .
Somehow I cant stand for sungji fans who victimized her and make the other as some kind of evil villain (especially to seju and sumin).

I think three of them have their own standing in this... And sometimes life happened.

I agree Sumin did right things but I believe she should have pushed to express her feelings a bit more and talk about herself more and she was getting there until she realised she had feelings for Seju. Sumin didn't show her feelings through actions that much either. As someone else said it was usually Sungji taking initiative and planning everything. That being said I don't think Sumin was a bad girlfriend at all; just that there was something lacking in the relationship and generally Sungji was putting more effort in. Besides by the end we can see how anxious about everything Sungji had been... and lets not forget when they bumped into the red-head and Sumin was really cold and mean to Sungji; that wasn't a small thing to be glossed over in my opinion.
Sungji decided to break up yes, but I think it's a huge stretch to say that it's because she did not love Sumin enough. On the contrary I think it's because she was so passionate about Sumin that forgetting such a thing after seeing it with her own eyes was too much of an emotional burden on her ultimately. I'm not saying that Sumin is a bad person for not "trying to win Sungji back" and I understand that she wanted to be respectful and not pushy because she felt very ashamed of herself. To be honest I think part of Sumin doesn't want to do the same Seju did after the cheating which was beg Sumin to go back to her and cling to her like crazy; it made Sumin more angry and I think she doesn't want to cause that reaction to Sungji maybe. However everyone is different and Sungji is a very emotional person as it's been proven and I believe that she unconsciously took Sumin's lack of initiative as indifference. We as readers know that Sumin has been thinking only about Sungji but as I've mentioned it before Sungji doesn't know this and it's safe for her to assume Sumin is still thinking about Seju.
Maybe what Sungji expected Sumin to tell her was that she wasn't thinking or wouldn't think of Seju anymore
this is important I think because unless that holds true Sungji has no reason to go back to Sumin.
That being said maybe Sungji doesn't consider this break-up final and has small hope (even if she doesn't admit it) that Sumin will sort out her feelings and maybe ask her to be together again. And to be honest I think maybe a possibly terminal/possibly temporary break up is the most sensible solution. Sumin can't just forget all about Seju from one day to another and Sungji can't stay with someone who has feelings for someone else. But if this were to change they can be back together again if they still have feelings for each other and haven't moved on.

joined Aug 18, 2015

so it is all peachy as long as your gf's ex is giving her blessing? does it really matter how Sumin felt toward Seju at the time? in addition, sumin didn't stop sleeping with Seju until she started dating Sungji. put your self in Sungji's position. Is it okay for your partner to do the same thing to u? if it is okay then I guess your partner is lucky. also dont u think the situation they are in now is part if not direct result of Sumin's failure to discuss her relationship with Seju to Sungji?

What Sumin did for Sungji is nice, but those gestures are typical not special. It is not abt what Sungji has done for Sumin more than Sumin did for her. u can tell Sungji was in love with Sumin through her actions & desires of wanting to be around Sumin. Before the chapter where Sumin was caught cheating, I thought Sumin might not be in love with Sungji after all.

imo through the breakup Sumin will have a chance to see clearly who is more important to her, Sungji or Seju? then Sumin & Seju will have a resolution to their long affair. As for Sungji, she just needed a break. We will find out soon.

last edited at Nov 13, 2016 8:17PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

I agree Sumin did right things but I believe she should have pushed to express her feelings a bit more and talk about herself more and she was getting there until she realised she had feelings for Seju. Sumin didn't show her feelings through actions that much either. As someone else said it was usually Sungji taking initiative and planning everything. That being said I don't think Sumin was a bad girlfriend at all; just that there was something lacking in the relationship and generally Sungji was putting more effort in. Besides by the end we can see how anxious about everything Sungji had been... and lets not forget when they bumped into the red-head and Sumin was really cold and mean to Sungji; that wasn't a small thing to be glossed over in my opinion.
Sungji decided to break up yes, but I think it's a huge stretch to say that it's because she did not love Sumin enough. On the contrary I think it's because she was so passionate about Sumin that forgetting such a thing after seeing it with her own eyes was too much of an emotional burden on her ultimately. I'm not saying that Sumin is a bad person for not "trying to win Sungji back" and I understand that she wanted to be respectful and not pushy because she felt very ashamed of herself. To be honest I think part of Sumin doesn't want to do the same Seju did after the cheating which was beg Sumin to go back to her and cling to her like crazy; it made Sumin more angry and I think she doesn't want to cause that reaction to Sungji maybe. However everyone is different and Sungji is a very emotional person as it's been proven and I believe that she unconsciously took Sumin's lack of initiative as indifference. We as readers know that Sumin has been thinking only about Sungji but as I've mentioned it before Sungji doesn't know this and it's safe for her to assume Sumin is still thinking about Seju.
Maybe what Sungji expected Sumin to tell her was that she wasn't thinking or wouldn't think of Seju anymore
this is important I think because unless that holds true Sungji has no reason to go back to Sumin.
That being said maybe Sungji doesn't consider this break-up final and has small hope (even if she doesn't admit it) that Sumin will sort out her feelings and maybe ask her to be together again. And to be honest I think maybe a possibly terminal/possibly temporary break up is the most sensible solution. Sumin can't just forget all about Seju from one day to another and Sungji can't stay with someone who has feelings for someone else. But if this were to change they can be back together again if they still have feelings for each other and haven't moved on.

Considering the fact that Sumin has failed to move on for 10 years, I couldn't expect her to be able to live a life like an emotionally healthy person who could express her feeling well to her girlfriend, neither could I think that it's possible for an empty-shell person like her to change just because this time the person she's going to date was Sungji. I agree that Sungji was the one putting more effort into their relationship, and it was nice of her to accept Sumin's coldness when they bumped into readhead. I disliked Sumin for doing that to her too. However, don't you see all of those things happened in the beginning only? It's obviously that after Sumin was truly in love with Sungji (I think it's when she visited Sungji at her hometown and asked if it was okay for her to like Sungji, or maybe earlier than this), Sungji no longer needed to make any effort anymore, and Sumin started treating Sungji better and better since then as well.

I know it was Sumin's fault for cheating on Sungji. But I can't blame Sumin for this breakup. We readers could guess that what Sungji really wanted to hear was something about her position compared to Seju's or "Sumin wasn't thinking or wouldn't think of Seju anymore" as you said because we knew what really concerning her was Seju, but for Sumin, she would never know about that unless Sungji told her. Which made me wondered if Sungji truly wanted to save the relationship.

so it is all peachy as long as your gf's ex is giving her blessing? does it really matter how Sumin felt toward Seju at the time? in addition, sumin didn't stop sleeping with Seju until she started dating Sungji. put your self in Sungji's position. Is it okay for your partner to do the same thing to u? if it is okay then I guess your partner is lucky. also dont u think the situation they are in now is part if not direct result of Sumin's failure to discuss her relationship with Seju to Sungji?

What Sumin did for Sungji is nice, but those gestures are typical not special. It is not abt what Sungji has done for Sumin more than Sumin did for her. u can tell Sungji was in love with Sumin through her actions & desires of wanting to be around Sumin. Before the chapter where Sumin was caught cheating, I thought Sumin might not be in love with Sungji after all.

imo through the breakup Sumin will have a chance to see clearly who is more important to her, Sungji or Seju? then Sumin & Seju will have a resolution to their long affair. As for Sungji, she just needed a break. We will find out soon.

Don't you think the situation they are in now is also a result of Sungji not telling Sumin about her talking to Seju?

It's not about whether readers could tell if Sumin was in love with Sungji or not. Sungji said Sumin gave her her heart, that meant Sumin loved her.

I think it will be either Sumin x Sungji or Sumin ending up with noone, so I don't think Sumin will ever turn back to Seju. And I don't think Sungji can fully have a break since she owes an answer to Dawoon's confession.

joined Mar 8, 2014

Considering the fact that Sumin has failed to move on for 10 years, I couldn't expect her to be able to live a life like an emotionally healthy person who could express her feeling well to her girlfriend, neither could I think that it's possible for an empty-shell person like her to change just because this time the person she's going to date was Sungji. I agree that Sungji was the one putting more effort into their relationship, and it was nice of her to accept Sumin's coldness when they bumped into readhead. I disliked Sumin for doing that to her too. However, don't you see all of those things happened in the beginning only? It's obviously that after Sumin was truly in love with Sungji (I think it's when she visited Sungji at her hometown and asked if it was okay for her to like Sungji, or maybe earlier than this), Sungji no longer needed to make any effort anymore, and Sumin started treating Sungji better and better since then as well.

I know it was Sumin's fault for cheating on Sungji. But I can't blame Sumin for this breakup. We readers could guess that what Sungji really wanted to hear was something about her position compared to Seju's or "Sumin wasn't thinking or wouldn't think of Seju anymore" as you said because we knew what really concerning her was Seju, but for Sumin, she would never know about that unless Sungji told her. Which made me wondered if Sungji truly wanted to save the relationship.

Anyway ummm... I wrote a lot but I think Sumin should have noticed that saying "she was my first love I couldn't deny her wish to be with me one last time" was not very explanatory. But Sungji didn't ask "why not!? you still have feelings for her, I knew all along that something was wrong." or something like that she just replied she could have. When Sungji said that Sumin just felt really ashamed and wouldn't dare to justify her actions so she just shut up. I think she felt like maybe she should have said something but that Sungji wouldn't want to hear it (the same way she didn't when Seju cheated on her). Sungji doesn't understand why Sumin would do that though and she even asks why she isn't trying to explain herself. I think Sungji wasn't very clear about it, you are right, but Sumin was also a bit dense not to notice it. It was kind of a bad communication issue but Sumin ought to have gotten down to it and tried her best to fix things. She already made a lot of mistakes and Sungji's only mistake was not communicating her desires so well and I can see why she wouldn't even want to do it after being so angry. Sungji was angry so she was more reluctant, it doesn't mean she didn't love Sumin but I think she just felt like Sumin wasn't worth it; that she would be a doormat if she just begged Sumin around for explanations. I mean imagine "why did you cheat on me?" "ah so you have feelings for Seju?" "but you love me too, right?" "so Seju pushed you into a corner?" I mean it's kinda like... almost forcing Sumin to speak up (να της τα βγάλει με το τσιγκέλι MacySan XD) and it's a bit lame to do. I think possibly Sumin would have given explanations if she had realised though.
In aaaaaaany case, imagine if that was actually what happened!!! It wouldn't have... this sort of turn of events is not that unpredictable considering that any other turn would have plausible been boring and not believable considering their characters (also everyone would have said Sungji is an innocent-forgiving Mary Sue with no depth to her character -.-)

you can skip all this huge thesis-like paragraph on wdtfs -.-
Well yeah maybe she couldn't change but Sungji didn't know all the details from the start. Even when Seju "warned" her she couldn't have know to what extent she was bluffing just because she was jealous.
And yes, I did mention Sumin was improving towards the end; saying to Sungji that she loved her and all. Tbh, I was expecting a more emotional confession like the one she told her in the bus (when she was sleeping -.-,(tbh, maybe if Sungji had not been sleeping when Sumin said that things would've been different but I digress)).
It was Sumin's fault for cheating on Sungji; it was her fault that she hurt her right? It may not be Sumin's fault completely since she did try in her own way but it's far from Sungji's fault as well. That being said I suppose they are both at fault for not communicating well with each other in this situation. I didn't think Sumin wouldn't have guessed that was bothering Sungji to be honest and maybe Sungji hasn't either because she was too caught up in her feelings. Sumin being too caught up in her guilt of cheating forgot that what bothered Sungji the most was the fact that she had feelings for Seju rather than the fact she cheated in the first place. The cheating was just the breaking point for Sungji to some extent. In fact, if Sumin stopped having feelings for Seju there would technically* be no reason why Sungji shouldn't forgive her. Hmm... I need to break this down.
There are two parallel situations in the narrative; however they are both different in essence. Even though both Seju and Sumin cheated on their lover their motivations were drastically different. Sumin, who has been in both positions is likely comparing the situations without understanding that they are not the same. She feels ashamed of herself for doing the same thing that broke **her
apart 10 years ago. However, when Seju cheated on Sumin she did it because she was lonely due to Sumin's behaviour and she just did it with a random guy because she liked the attention that Sumin was not giving her at the time. On the contrary Sumin cheats on Sungji because she has feelings for Seju and she cannot deny her wish while at the same time still wanting to be with her. In Seju's case it should have been easier to forgive her since her cheated was caused by loneliness. Her personality (that she probably developed due to her family) was partly in fault for this strong sense of loneliness but Sumin behaviour only made it worse; possibly a lot worse. So if we were to analyse this in a cold, calculative way we could say that Seju did mostly wrong but at the same time they were not too far from even. Sumin was cold to Seju, Seju cheated on Sumin. Being cold to someone to the extent Sumin was is not as severe as cheating on them but Seju's personality pushed her to it. I say it should have been easier to forgive, even if not at first because Seju could have worked through that problem of her personality (freaking out when she's lonely basically) and Sumin could have also worked towards being less resentful in general.
Sumin's cheating is harder to forgive because there is no way to work around it. I say that in order for someone to be forgiven for cheating they have to get completely rid of the motive they had to do so. In this case Sumin's feelings for Seju. As I said before it's not something she can get rid of that easily.
In any case Sumin fails to understand any of this. She probably has a very simple way of looking at things. Cheating on someone = you don't love them enough to respect them. I think this might be because... Sumin is really... sexual >.> So when Seju cheats on her she doesn't stop to think it was because she was lonely. Possibly her explanation was more along the lines that she wasn't having sex with Sumin so she couldn't take it any longer (also Seju never really expressed how lonely Sumin's behaviour made her(another similarity with Sungji)). She probably understand Seju was hurt because of her but she didn't know the extent. Then when she cheats on Sungji she knows it's because of her feelings for Seju and she tries to explain that she just did it because it was Seju last wish and she couldn't refuse. To that Sungji replies that she could have indeed refused. I think in the moment Sumin believes that Sungji is saying "if you loved me enough you wouldn't have done it" but Sungji is probably also saying (because I think she did think the previous statement too) "you wouldn't have done it if you didn't love Seju". Now, to be fair, at least in my opinion, when you have feelings for two people (and you're the monogamous type of person otherwise I guess?) then you can't really love either of them to the full potential since you always have the other somewhere in the back of your mind as well. You are not completely theirs so to speak. Sumin was leaning more towards Sungji I believe or she pitied her to some extent/ felt like she owed her and chose to be with her instead of Seju (we can't tell yet). In any case I think it's fair to assume Sumin didn't love Sungji enough just because she loved Seju as well. Still the root is her loving Seju which she failed to address. Now that I think of it Sumin tried to somehow show that she really did love Sungji because she believed that was what Sungji expected but also didn't want to be too pushy and annoying to Sungji. Anyway, Sungji never mentioned to Sumin (I think?) that she had been anxious about Sumin's past all along and that she had noticed something during the latest days when Seju was sick and Sumin felt confused and stuff happened(?). So I guess Sumin didn't really know what to tell to Sungji...

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Ah, a wall of text. xD

what bothered Sungji the most was the fact that she had feelings for Seju rather than the fact she cheated in the first place. The cheating was just the breaking point for Sungji to some extent. In fact, if Sumin stopped having feelings for Seju there would technically be no reason why Sungji shouldn't forgive her.

Yeah, I believe so. No idea if it is correct or not though.

I find them having a bad communication issue at that time kind of realistic since both of them were not in the right mood; Sumin was being so ashamed of herself, while Sungji was being so angry with Sumin. However, after a while and they still couldn't have a proper communication, I find that disappointing and not realistic anymore. In the latest chapter, they were able to talk to each other, but sadly the topic was about breaking up instead. I wonder if Sungji really did try hard to forgive Sumin, but she still wasn't able to do it as she said. Even that's was her one last question to Sumin, she still made it so far from her real concern; "Have you ever expected something from me?" sort of question was kind of unclear and didn't imply anything besides if Sumin really did love her. If only she had asked Sumin the questions she asked to Dawoon when they were in the bed, I believe things would have worked out between her and Sumin.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Also, I believe everyone of us is a Mary Sue towards people we really like, and an evil towards people we hate. That's usual, so I'd say noone would think that Sungji was a Mary Sue just because she was so incredibly nice towards Sumin.

last edited at Nov 15, 2016 6:50AM

joined Mar 8, 2014

Ah, a wall of text. xD

what bothered Sungji the most was the fact that she had feelings for Seju rather than the fact she cheated in the first place. The cheating was just the breaking point for Sungji to some extent. In fact, if Sumin stopped having feelings for Seju there would technically be no reason why Sungji shouldn't forgive her.

Yeah, I believe so. No idea if it is correct or not though.

I find them having a bad communication issue at that time kind of realistic since both of them were not in the right mood; Sumin was being so ashamed of herself, while Sungji was being so angry with Sumin. However, after a while and they still couldn't have a proper communication, I find that disappointing and not realistic anymore. In the latest chapter, they were able to talk to each other, but sadly the topic was about breaking up instead. I wonder if Sungji really did try hard to forgive Sumin, but she still wasn't able to do it as she said. Even that's was her one last question to Sumin, she still made it so far from her real concern; "Have you ever expected something from me?" sort of question was kind of unclear and didn't imply anything besides if Sumin really did love her. If only she had asked Sumin the questions she asked to Dawoon when they were in the bed, I believe things would have worked out between her and Sumin.

Maybe but I think not that much time has passed since Sungji caught them. Max two weeks I'd say. I think it just seems a lot because we get a chapter every 10 days... I think Sungji is just being afraid and weird to some extent... I think she kinda tried to make Sumin jealous too... but Sumin didn't react much so she got discouraged. I mean she was like "it's a friend... that likes me" I think she totally said that on purpose and not because she wanted to be honest.
I understand what she meant by asking if Sumin ever expected anything from her. Because when you love someone you kind of have some expectations; like you want them to give you their attention, etc... I think Sungji was wondering if Sumin ever needed her and I think maybe it's not the most adequate question but it's something I have been wondering as well... though it seems like she really did need her after all.
That being said, even if they did talk I doubt they could have worked things out. If Sungji had really asked Sumin if she still had feelings for Seju what would have Sumin said? yes? That was the honest truth; I think only now that her relationship with Sungji broke apart she is starting to really get over Seju and probably also because Seju turned kinda "evil" but I think Seju is also taking matters into her own hands and directing her anger where she really should. So unless they give it time there is no way they can be back together. Sumin needs to completely get over Seju. But maybe she won't. In any case, I'd find it weird if she got back together with Seju at this point and especially if Sungji ended up with Dawoon. It would be really weird.
And also when I say Mary Sue I mean that basically people would say she is not realistic or relatable. I'm not sure how relatable she is to me personally right now with the way she is acting... I can hardly tell because I haven't been in a similar situation. But yeah I really think people would say that there's no depth in her character and she's just a cute girl or something like that... I mean people said that before about her -.-

last edited at Nov 15, 2016 12:27PM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

idk, but Sumin said she picked up toys on the claw machines whenever she thought about Sungji, and she was able to collect a lot of dolls by now. Couldn't that imply that a lot of time had passed since Sumin got caught?

She didn't necessarily need to ask Sumin something like that since she was supposed to know the answer herself considering right up to the day Sumin cheated, Sumin and her had already been in a peaceful-and-loving relationship. Or perhaps they were not, or she didn't really feel Sumin's love, or she's not a perceptive person in the first place.

Yeah, if she had asked Sumin if she still had feelings for Seju, Sumin would have said "yes". Now that I think about it, things wouldn't seem to be much different even if they talked. :D However, I can't help but still stick to an opinion that "if Sungji really loved Sumin, she could have forgiven her". She shouldn't have turned 180 degrees away from Sumin like that.

joined Mar 8, 2014

idk, but Sumin said she picked up toys on the claw machines whenever she thought about Sungji, and she was able to collect a lot of dolls by now. Couldn't that imply that a lot of time had passed since Sumin got caught?

She didn't necessarily need to ask Sumin something like that since she was supposed to know the answer herself considering right up to the day Sumin cheated, Sumin and her had already been in a peaceful-and-loving relationship. Or perhaps they were not, or she didn't really feel Sumin's love, or she's not a perceptive person in the first place.

Yeah, if she had asked Sumin if she still had feelings for Seju, Sumin would have said "yes". Now that I think about it, things wouldn't seem to be much different even if they talked. :D However, I can't help but still stick to an opinion that "if Sungji really loved Sumin, she could have forgiven her". She shouldn't have turned 180 degrees away from Sumin like that.

I think Sumin meant she was doing that during their relationship but at first I thought the same so I'm not really sure. However, I remember seeing her getting more foxes at some point a long before so I think it was during the relationship.
I think she felt Sumin's love near the end. And it's easy to get things wrong even if you are perceptive. When you are really in love with someone you tend to overanalyze and get worried about everything after all.
Weeeeeeeell, I think Sungji is scared (angry and disappointed?) that's why she is acting this way. I think she was low-key trying to get Sumin to "beg on her knees" XD which might be a bit childish but I get her. Sumin had never done anything remotely close to that; she was never that affectionate, just in some occasions after their first time. And we still don't know what is going to happen, maybe the conversation won't end there... For all we know in the next chapter Sumin could run after Sungji and be like "no! you can't do this! you can't leave me!" lol, idk xD Besides as I mentioned before maybe Sungji wants to "take a break" and not terminally break up. Anyway, I hope we can tell for sure of Friday!! omg XD

joined Nov 2, 2016

Dawoon where the hell are you?

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

For all we know in the next chapter Sumin could run after Sungji and be like "no! you can't do this! you can't leave me!" lol

like this:

last edited at Nov 18, 2016 6:14AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.