Forum › Yuri Danshi discussion

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

^who the hell is Yuuno?

I think this series is pretty funny. As for the latest chapter, the reaction of MC is very relatable to me when i'm read a yuri manga to find that the girl was actually a cross dresser.

Ultimately, it boils down to personal opinion. I personally loved this manga.

joined Jul 26, 2014

what does the boy do when the school takes physical measurements?

joined Nov 11, 2010

^who the hell is Yuuno?

I think this series is pretty funny. As for the latest chapter, the reaction of MC is very relatable to me when i'm read a yuri manga to find that the girl was actually a cross dresser.

You don't know all the characters from Nanoha out of context!? Heretic!
I'm also enjoying this manga, to an extent, but I'm really bad with cringe comedies, so I wouldn't read it all at once.

He's a visitor, not a student...

last edited at Oct 17, 2016 1:18AM

Sora
joined Oct 16, 2016

Actually, that isn't explicitly stated anywhere in the Japanese text (and there shouldn't be anything in the translation, either).

That was definitely the conclusion I came to, which is written in one of the notes, but technically, Hiromi could be a fulltime student there. The one piece of evidence that seems fairly damning is that Hiromi uses the staff bathroom. If he were actually a student at Ichigo, he would probably need to use the girls' bathroom to keep up appearances, even during the school festival.

Edit: grammar

last edited at Oct 17, 2016 1:26AM

joined Nov 11, 2010

Actually, that isn't explicitly stated anywhere in the Japanese text (and there shouldn't be anything in the translation, either).

That was definitely the conclusion I came to, which is written in one of the notes, but technically, Hiromi could be a fulltime student there. The one piece of evidence that seems fairly damning is that Hiromi uses the staff bathroom. If he were actually a student at Ichigo, he would probably need to use the girls' bathroom to keep up appearances, even during the school festival.

Edit: grammar

I should have added something like "it's most likely that __"
I think it's more damning that this seems to be the first time he's crossdressed. It's not explicitly stated, but the way his situation is discussed, it seems like the crossdressing was done specifically for this event.

joined Jul 18, 2015

As a very gay female Yuri fan, I enjoy this comedy series and the MC as well.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

The best part was the Kashimashi cameo.

Hanadera is definitely a creep, who put his yuri goggles on too tight that it will never come off.

Nep
joined Apr 28, 2016

i red the raw, this manga is completely trash later on, someone tell the trans team don't bother translating this crap anymore

last edited at Oct 17, 2016 4:13AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

And to put the icing on the cake Morishima Akiko has this "Guys who like Yuri will have trouble with woman" POV

Actually that depends upon appearance and confident. If a guy is confident and good looking, he will get women regardless of his personal preferences.

She's making fun of the stereotype that people who enjoy reading manga have poor social skills, not that enjoying a particular genre somehow makes you sexually repellent.

At risk of being misunderstood, she does have a point that being interested in seeing the female perspective as a guy (not limited to the highly fictionalized perspective presented in most yuri mangas) does make it harder to "get women" - if only because you end up seeing a woman you like as a sentient being with her own life and goals, which considerably impedes your efforts to "get" her. Not being mindful of such trivialities does make dating so much easier (on the guy, at least).

last edited at Oct 17, 2016 4:32AM

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

....Well, now my icon just feels out of place. I liked MC a lot, and related somehow to him in the first two chapters....Now, I feel disgusted

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

And to put the icing on the cake Morishima Akiko has this "Guys who like Yuri will have trouble with woman" POV

Actually that depends upon appearance and confident. If a guy is confident and good looking, he will get women regardless of his personal preferences.

She's making fun of the stereotype that people who enjoy reading manga have poor social skills, not that enjoying a particular genre somehow makes you sexually repellent.

At risk of being misunderstood, she does have a point that being interested in seeing the female perspective as a guy (not limited to the highly fictionalized perspective presented in most yuri mangas) does make it harder to "get women" - if only because you end up seeing a woman you like as a sentient being with her own life and goals, which considerably impedes your efforts to "get" her. Not being mindful of such trivialities does make dating so much easier (on the guy, at least).

That's odd. I usually have more success in pursuing romantic and sexual interactions with women when I treat them as, you know, human beings.

Guess I'm doing something wrong.

last edited at Oct 17, 2016 6:21AM

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

^who the hell is Yuuno?

You don't know all the characters from Nanoha out of context!? Heretic!
I'm also enjoying this manga, to an extent, but I'm really bad with cringe comedies, so I wouldn't read it all at once.

Uh....who is Nanoha?

last edited at Oct 17, 2016 6:23AM

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Uh....who is Nanoha?

You best be trollin'.

In the off chance that you are not in fact trolling:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Girl_Lyrical_Nanoha

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Franchise/LyricalNanoha (Of particular note: this page)

http://dynasty-scans.com/doujins/nanoha

last edited at Oct 17, 2016 6:31AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

That's odd. I usually have more success in pursuing romantic and sexual interactions with women when I treat them as, you know, human beings.

Guess I'm doing something wrong.

Maybe you just don't keep falling for women who are not interested in relationships in the first place. :D Anyhow, back on topic...

i red the raw, this manga is completely trash later on, someone tell the trans team don't bother translating this crap anymore

Can you elaborate? Does the stalking get even creepier than in the current chapter?

last edited at Oct 17, 2016 8:48AM

joined Aug 22, 2014

Kashimashi and Otoboku reference...... my favorite gender bender and my favorite crossdressing anime...... i am happy ç_ç

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

To the scanslator, thank you for putting in time and effort to bring us another chapter of Yuri Danshi. I really appreciate it and I think your redraws are just fine as it is!

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Uh....who is Nanoha?

You best be trollin'.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Franchise/LyricalNanoha (Of particular note: this page)

Sorry, this is the first time I heard about that anime.

My preference for anime was always more about classic 80s/90s shounen anime like DBZ, Jojo Bizarre Adventure and City Hunter. I never liked Sailor Moon like anime. Unless it contains yuri which the genre i recently got into.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Uh....who is Nanoha?

You best be trollin'.

My preference for anime was always more about classic 80s/90s shounen anime like DBZ, Jojo Bizarre Adventure and City Hunter. I never liked Sailor Moon like anime. Unless it contains yuri which the genre i recently got into.

Then you should watch it. Underneath the magical girl exterior lies a shounen mecha story.

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

I liked the first two chapters a lot, but it should have stopped there... This doesn't have the potential to be a series.

Or rather, I kept thinking how instead of focusing on the MC, the story should have focused on the three girls and the love triangle. It would be a pretty decent yuri story on its own tbh.

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

Wow that took a turn a turn for the violently transphobic...

Before anyone starts, no the character isn't trans but the way the mc reacted to him pretending to be a woman is a very scary, very real-to-life depiction of how a lot of transmisogynistic violence can occur in the real world.

last edited at Oct 18, 2016 3:49PM

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

I don't disagree that the scene ended up looking kind of transphobic, but I just hope that people here don't forget that he never attacked the boy because he was dressed as a girl, but because he thought in his delusion that it was a boy pretending to be a girl so he could fool a lesbian, the context is completely different and is obviously not trying to be transphobic. : /

If the serie really was cancelled I wouldn't be surprised if it was not because of the supposed lack of yuri, but because Kurata Uso unfortunately made more chapters where Keisuke ended up looking kind of unsympathetic like in this one, I did find the chapter funny, but I feel like Kurata Uso made Keisuke unnecessarily jerkish this time, at least for me compared to the previous chapters it kind of felt like it came a little out of nowhere, as if suddenly Keisuke got hold of the Jerkass Ball. : x

last edited at Oct 18, 2016 4:47PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don't disagree that the scene ended up looking kind of transphobic, but I just hope that people here don't forget that he never attacked the boy because he was dressed as a girl, but because he thought in his delusion that it was a boy pretending to be a girl so he could fool a lesbian, the context is completely different and is obviously not trying to be transphobic. : /

Um....there are transphobic folks who think trans people are doing exactly that.

Not that I think the author is aware of that or even knows much about trans issues in the first place. Their intent was to satirize a trope, the Unintended Consequence is it's pretty uncomfortable for some folks.

UlquiorraSchiffer1
Download
joined Sep 6, 2016

Uh....who is Nanoha?

You best be trollin'.

Then you should watch it. Underneath the magical girl exterior lies a shounen mecha story.

If it isn't yuri then i won't watch magical girl series. Its just i find it odd to enjoy them.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Uh....who is Nanoha?

If it isn't yuri then i won't watch magical girl series. Its just i find it odd to enjoy them.

If Nanoha isn't yuri.....

Wow.

Thiaguinho-sama
Ratana%20avatar%203.3%20dynasty
joined May 11, 2012

Nezchan

Um....there are transphobic folks who think trans people are doing exactly that.

Not that I think the author is aware of that or even knows much about trans issues in the first place. Their intent was to satirize a trope, the Unintended Consequence is it's pretty uncomfortable for some folks.

I know that some transphobic people think trans people are doing that and I'm not arguing against that, my point is that the scene was not made to be purposely transphobic (at least I hope so...), because by the way some people talk about the scene I get the impression that they believe the author made it to be transphobic on purpose, looking like that depending on how you see it is just an unfortunate side effect of trying to be funny with a character that overreacts, so people either end up finding his overreaction hilarious or just not funny at all because of how it can look, but it doesn't change the fact that it's not trying to be transphobic, at least in my opinion.

This chapter kind of makes me remember of Murcielago, that someone complained that a chapter was transphobic even though it was never presented like that at all, I agree that the way the scene can look is bad and will make some uncomfortable, but complaing because the scene can look transphobic and complaining as if the scene/character are made to be transphobic are completely different things.

As for the author knowing about trans issues, taking in account how Japan is, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't have much idea of gays issues in general even though he's a yuri mangaka, much less trans issues, honestly, I kind of wondered why in Keisuke internal monologue he never thought if the boy in question was not actually trans person and dismissed that possibility since he was using the male bathroom, at least in my opinion if the mangaka wanted to make it ambiguous or imply that it was a trans person the character wouldn't have used the male bathroom, I mean, trans people prefer to use the bathroom of the gender they identify with even if they didn't made the transition yet right? But if he did thought of that and the scene happened in the same way, instead of maybe looking transphobic wouldn't it look like some kind of attack against people who are non-binary? Really, the way the mangaka made the scene, even with a few changes I'm not sure there would be a way to make it without looking unconfortable to someone, it was probably a lost battle from the beginning unless he completely remade the scene.

If Nanoha isn't yuri.....

Wow.

Nanoha yuri? What you're talking about? Nanoha and Fate are nothing more than two straight best friends who have being completely smitten and in love with each other ever since they met when they were 9, who eventually started to live together, have bath together, eat together, sleep together in a really big bed, adopted Vivio together who sees both as her mom, and call themselves the Takamachi family, not to mention the other girls like for example Hayate and Signum, Subaru and Teana, Vivio and Einhart, who are also completely and definitely straight, I honestly don't understand why people think they're gay and a couple, c'mon guys, there's like no homo at all in there.

last edited at Oct 18, 2016 8:29PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.