Forum › Posts by tltl

tltl
Yuri Danshi discussion 17 Oct 01:26
Sora
joined Oct 16, 2016

what does the boy do when the school takes physical measurements?

He's a visitor, not a student...

Actually, that isn't explicitly stated anywhere in the Japanese text (and there shouldn't be anything in the translation, either).

That was definitely the conclusion I came to, which is written in one of the notes, but technically, Hiromi could be a fulltime student there. The one piece of evidence that seems fairly damning is that Hiromi uses the staff bathroom. If he were actually a student at Ichigo, he would probably need to use the girls' bathroom to keep up appearances, even during the school festival.

Edit: grammar

last edited at Oct 17, 2016 1:26AM

tltl
Yuri Danshi discussion 16 Oct 17:19
Sora
joined Oct 16, 2016

Re: TL note #1, the text on that tent is backwards because it's supposed to be visible from the outside of the tent, but the printing I guess was dark enough that you could see it from the other side, causing it to look reversed. The effect is intentional.

Ahhh, thank you, thank you. I couldn't properly grasp the architecture of the tent before.
I thought the side with the text on it was in the foreground, which would not only mean the text was meant to be viewed from the inside (kind of odd), but also that the structure of the tent is all kinds of strange.
I had a lot of trouble trying to figure out what I was looking at, until eventually I just gave up.

Edit:

I pretty much hate how he basically tries to say that the only girls who can be yuri are those who were born women. I know plenty of trans women lesbians and they're totally yuri.

I'm pretty sure he never said anything even close to that... : x

Just my opinion, but I thought Keisuke seemed to be at odds with the forum-troll response to Kashimashi, which would imply that he doesn't have a problem with transgender yuri.

last edited at Oct 16, 2016 5:23PM

tltl
Yuri Danshi discussion 16 Oct 14:49
Sora
joined Oct 16, 2016

I understand the pragmatism behind adding the "crossdressing" and "het" tags, but it's kind of regrettable that it gives away the joke just like that.

tltl
Yuri Danshi discussion 16 Oct 14:07
Sora
joined Oct 16, 2016

If anyone is interested, here are the raws of all 5 volumes.

Thank you!
If only I had come here a few days sooner (´・ω・`)